Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for March 2019!!!

Oh please.    Just let it be over. Not a good deal but let’s just move on

@gardenman Have you heard what kind of $ Tate is asking? 

Probably moot as Colbert likes to fill his spots through the draft vs free agency. 

Honored Contributor

Golden Tate had said that he got his money in his Lions deal and now just wanted a chance to win. The Eagles reportedly felt him out contract wise and felt he was too pricey. I would guess he wants $10+ million a year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

As of noon today teams and agents can legally tamper as they work on contract details for the free agents. Mind you, they've been in lots of contact anyway prior to now, but now they can do it legally. The new Antonio Brown deal will make life a bit more complicated for teams looking to sign a free agent wide receiver. Everyone likely raised their asking price a bit.

I don't really know what to expect from the Eagles. They apparently still want to resign some of our own free agents after they've tested the market. Will they go out hunting for a free agent running back, or are they content to pick up a kid or two in the draft? I think I'd like to see them take Josh Jacobs in the first round, then add Bryce Love in the fourth and let him sit out 2019 to recover from the torn ACL in December and have both a power back and an elusive back in 2020. We'll have to see what happens.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles resign Jordan Matthews. He seems to feel there will be a big market for him as a starter. I don't see it, but I could be wrong. He's a nice complementary  receiver however. I think he'll be a third or fourth receiver wherever he goes. A lot of guys go into free agency with high expectations only to find out the rest of the league doesn't think all that highly of them.

Wednesday after four PM we can start getting official word on where guys are going. It should be an interesting day. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Raiders are one of the teams interested in Le'Veon Bell. I didn't know they had such a high salary cap.

I haven't heard much about the Colts' plans in free agency. They are interested in WR Tyrell Williams, but nothing has happened yet. As far as pass rushers, I have no idea. I'll probably be hearing something in the couple days.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Eagles are said to be signing defensive tackle Malik Jackson, recently cut by Jacksonville, to a three year $30 million deal. That fills the roster void created by letting Timmy Jernigan walk and strengthens the interior of the defense. Since he was cut, the Eagles can sign him now rather than wait until Wednesday.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

So do you think the Eagles will sign DeSean Jackson?...Bucs are shopping him and he seems to want to return to the Eagles

I just cant believe it ---after trade was nixed for AB going to the Bills--- it left the Eagles, Redskins, and Raiders still in the mix at the end for AB...Raiders came up with the strongest offer...As one Redskin fan said...Thank you Mike Mayock, Chucky and Mark for saving us (Redskins) from ourselves.....How were The Skins going to afford this....sell the farm for a disruptive WR.?????.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

If you can believe the reports, the Bucs are getting no offers for D-Jac. That means they have to pay him $10 million this year, and deal with his unhappiness, or cut him loose. I suspect they'll cut him loose. That's probably why they're getting no offers, everyone assumes they'll cut him. I could see the Eagles signing him as a free agent, but not for $10 million. Maybe a three year deal at $21 million over the three years.

Regarding AB, reports indicate the Eagles just touched base, but were never serious contenders. I doubt that the Redskins were serious either, so the Steelers likely conned the Raiders into a bidding war against themself. If the Redskins had truly wanted AB they could have offered more than a third and fifth round pick for him.

Golden Tate is reportedly telling teams he wants at least $14 million a year, so forget him coming back to Philly. I think Philly has plans to integrate Braxton Miller into the offense this year, filling the Golden Tate role. Braxton's a talented kid who got to watch and learn from Tate this past season. It'll be interesting to see how he performs in camp this year.

Everyone seems very happy with the Malik Jackson signing in Philly. He's reportedly a good guy in addition to being a good player.

Expect lots of lies, lots of rumors, and tons of misinformation over the next few days as everyone (players, agents, gm's, coaches, owners) manipulate the media to try to get the guys they want at their price point. It's going to be fun!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles redid Jason Peters' contract. He's gone from $13+ million cap hit to $5.5 guaranteed and a maximum of $10 million. That frees up still more cap space. 

DeSean Jackson has said goodbye to Tampa, so he's pressuring the Bucs to cut him loose. Expect them to make a move soon to get his $10 million off the books.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 

OK  what can you tell me about CJ Mosley he's a FA the Redskins have targeted, Jets and Browns also. But to get him, the Redskins would have to get rid of a couple players---Zach Brown and Mason Foster who seem to have better stats but Foster has made negative comments about the team and coaches have been unhappy with his play...and Brown is costly 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Wow! The Redskins have agreed to sign Landon Collins to a six year $84 million deal with $45 million guaranteed. That's some serious cash for a box safety who mainly plays the run. Interesting. It likely also eats up most of their cap space unless they find a way to squeeze out some more.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!