Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for March 2019!!!

The Cowboys are trading for defensive end Robert Quinn from the Dolphins. Interesting. No word yet on compensation. The Dolphins gave up a fourth and a sixth round pick last year to get Quinn and got a sixth round pick back from the Rams. I'm assuming the compensation would be similar this time around. JJ was kind of forced to make a move since he pretty much has no starting defensive linemen left other than Taco Charlton. Generally speaking you need more than one defensive lineman. With Demarcus Lawrence holding out and refusing to get his shoulder fixed until after he gets a new deal, Gregory suspended and David Irving quitting football, there's not a lot left on that defensive line. Quinn's a solid player, but he wore out his welcome pretty quickly in Miami. This could be interesting to watch.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Quinn not only wore out his welcome in Miami, he apparently lost a lot of value too. The Cowboys got him for just a sixth round pick. Not only that, but he had to agree to a lower value, one-year deal to finalize the trade. Kind of tough on a guy's ego. "Well, we're desperate for a defensive lineman, but we don't want to give up much, and we won't pay you nearly as much as you're making now."

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greg Schiano resigns as Pats DC....... “This is not the result of any one event, but rather a realization that I need to spend more time on my faith and family. I don’t want to look back years from now and wish I had done things differently. Therefore, I am taking time away from the game to recalibrate my priorities.”

With Beli vacationing during free agency, Gronk retiring,

DC resigning, and Mr. Kraft behaving badly....what's going on with the Patriots.....??????

Cardinals offered 2nd round pick for Rosen....Cardinals holding firm for a 1st round pick....

Bruce Allen said contract talks with Redskin right guard Brandon Scherff are "on-going" as the team seeks to prevent him from hitting free agency next offseason. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The Eagles filled the hole at runningback by getting Jordan Howard from the Bears for a conditional 2020 pick. The Bears will get a fifth or sixth round pick based on performance. That fills pretty much the last roster hole. We also resigned our third string tight end Richard Rogers to a two year deal. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I didn't know much about Jordan Howard before the trade, but it looks like a good pickup for the Eagles. In his three years in the league, he's the third leading rusher behind just Ezekiel Elliott and Todd Gurley. He's durable and a tough, short yardage runner. Seems like solid citizen type also as Kyle Long (Bears offensive lineman) has tweeted two of the Eagles' o-linemen and told them to take good care of him and that he's a really good guy. His numbers were down last year and he's entering the last year of his contract which made him expendable to the Bears. People say he's not a good pass catcher out of the backfield, but he still caught 29 passes last year, so he's not horrible.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!