Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for March 2019!!!

Adrian Peterson is staying with the Redskins....its a 2 year deal 8 mill...He will spell relief for Guice who's coming off an injury....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Happy New League Year!!!

(The following should be sung to Auld Lang Syne.)

Should old tight ends unretire,

and head back to Dallas,

They'll be overpaid and underperform,

for the sake old Jerry Jones.

So much for the musical interlude. On to some news. Teddy Bridgewater might be having a rethink. Word now is that the Dolphins are still in the run for Teddy. I think that's a smart move for Teddy. He has a chance to be "the guy" in Miami and establish himself. Drew Brees might never retire and Teddy could lose several years standing on the sidelines when he might be starting in Miami. Head to Miami, get a starting shot, prove you can play well, and become "the guy." It's not like Tannehill is that hard of a guy to replace. Take the job, grab the team by the throat and make everyone else wish they'd signed you.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Happy New League Year everyone. 

Thanks for for the musical tribute @gardenman 

My head is spinning from all this activity today. Hopefully all these deals will improve their teams. I’m selfishly not pulling for Oakland after this mess w Brown tho. Did you happen to notice how normal(well normal for him) Mr. Big Chest looked at his press conference? No blonde mustache, no blue hair, acting all family like, his kids all there, at his press conference? Sorry! My bad! I gotta get past this and move on.   

Seems like there was so much FA activity this year as opposed to past years. My Steelers aren’t usually active but they did sign a CB which we needed badly. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like your song, Gardenman.

C Pierre Desir's contract is three years for 25  million. I'm happy that he's staying with the Colts; he was a top contributor last season. . As a rule, Ballard doesn't go for splashy free agents, he would rather pay the star players he already has. He only gets another player if that player is a good fit with the team. He doesn't want anyone who would be a distraction. So that eliminated A.B. and Bell right away.

I'm surprised that the Saints didn't try to keep Mark Ingram. He and Brees seemed to have a good connection. Maybe they couldn't settle on a contract. He should do well in Baltimore since Collins was released. Earl Thomas replaces Suggs.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

It looks like the Colts will be getting Jay Ajayi if he passes his physical. He's due for a visit next week. He's a good running back that Frank Reich knows from his time in Philly. He's got arthritic knees and is recovering from a torn ACL, so he's limited in practice time, but plays well on Sundays. The staff has to manage him during the week, limiting practice reps, but he's a good back and a good dude. I thought the Eagles might resign him, but I think they're hoping to pick up a kid instead.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@SITRN wrote:

My head is spinning from all this activity today. Hopefully all these deals will improve their teams. I’m selfishly not pulling for Oakland after this mess w Brown tho. Did you happen to notice how normal(well normal for him) Mr. Big Chest looked at his press conference? No blonde mustache, no blue hair, acting all family like, his kids all there, at his press conference? Sorry! My bad! I gotta get past this and move on.   

He was 25 minutes late to his first task LOL

Honored Contributor

Interesting. Teddy Bridgewater's visit to Miami is reportedly due to concern that Sean Payton will leave New Orleans to become the Cowboys next head coach after next season. It doesn't sound like Teddy thinks Jason Garrett will be keeping his job. Could Payton and JJ already have a handshake deal in place? Jason Garrett moves upstairs in an advisor role while Payton runs the team? Did Sean Payton share that information with Teddy, or is Teddy just putting two and two together?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

@nun ya HA Ha I saw that He was late for everything. Just wait til he stops showing up.......
Honored Contributor

lamar jackson, ravens young qb, had to apologize for posting a video from his phone while driving his car at 105 mph and not wearing a seatbelt. Smiley Frustrated

"I made a bad decision and will set a better example going forward. #Myapologies"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SITRN wrote:

Seems like there was so much FA activity this year as opposed to past years. My Steelers aren’t usually active but they did sign a CB which we needed badly. 

@SITRN 

Yes, I also noticed the blonde moustache was gone and AB was on his best behaviour, the perfect gentleman and family man.LOL... either the Raiders or AB's agent must have given him a talking to on how to conduct himself at the press conference....but let's see how long before his real attitude comes out...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”