Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2022!!!

@teganslaw 

GMF really loves the Colts---they had the retired Colt Darius Butler on as a guest Panelist.....He did a good job and plugged "Man To Man" Podcast ....an interesting fact, he said he's never watched a Star Wars movie......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I missed the episode with Darius Butler. Maybe it will be somewhere on youtube. 

Charissa Thompson will host Amazon Prime Thursday Night Kickoff along with Tony Gonzalez. Amazon is also interested in having Ryan Fitzpatrick as a guest host at times. 

Kay Adams was the front runner for the job, but apparently they couldn't come to a contract agreement. So Thompson was given the job instead. 

I don't have Amazon Prime, and not sure it would be worthwhile to get it just for TNF. I order from Amazon, but not enough to get Prime. Not interested in their shows, either. I can always watch the games afterwards on Game Pass.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

I missed the episode with Darius Butler. Maybe it will be somewhere on youtube. 

Charissa Thompson will host Amazon Prime Thursday Night Kickoff along with Tony Gonzalez. Amazon is also interested in having Ryan Fitzpatrick as a guest host at times. 

Kay Adams was the front runner for the job, but apparently they couldn't come to a contract agreement. So Thompson was given the job instead. 

I don't have Amazon Prime, and not sure it would be worthwhile to get it just for TNF. I order from Amazon, but not enough to get Prime. Not interested in their shows, either. I can always watch the games afterwards on Game Pass.

@teganslaw @gardenman 

Darius Buter is on You Tube now but they split up his GMF segments into different videos. There's an old video mixed in with them, so just watch those videos that say "new"

Too bad about Kay....what's the saying dont count your chickens before they hatch....maybe she shouldnt have taken the leap and left GMF.....Now it looks like what I read is happening and GMF will be more focused on Kyle and Peter and Kyle seems to have taken the lead in hosting the show.....and they rotate in a special guest panelist. 

Charissa Thompson is not a favorite, ...something about her attitude like she doesnt really want to be there....So is Charissa still going to do the Fox early pre-show or are they replacing her....I never watch the early early pregame show because of Michael Vick, instead I watch the NFL Network until the regular Fox Pre-game comes on......

I hope Fitzpatrick gets the job with Amazon or another network, I think he would be good....

I signed up for Prime because I was having all kinds of problems with UPS deliveries and Amazon sells many of the same products. So it looks like I may have to stick with Prime membership just to see the Thursday games there's so little to watch on TV as it is....(It's kind of a waste because I dont watch the Prime shows) ....And I can always cancel if I have to trim things from my budget....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My Internet is down until sometime Thursday, so you won't see much of me until then unless Verizon resolves the issue sooner.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

My Internet is down until sometime Thursday, so you won't see much of me until then unless Verizon resolves the issue sooner.

@gardenman 

Sorry to hear that GARDENMAN, yep I mourned the day Verizon purchased my phone carrier, Tracfone.....Verizon's realiability and CS isnt very good....Ive had problems using the phone APP since Verizon messed with it....so now I have to go to the website to get info on my account or add data or servie..SMH!!!!  Hope they correct the problem soon----GOOD LUCK....I think Im bailing when my service runs out.... 😫  Glad I have my internet with someone else!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well some good news ---Ron Rivera says that the Terry McLaurin's team and Washington's are negotiating a new contract which seems to be going in the right direction ....hope they get a deal done SOON so Terry can get some timing going with Carson.....

It looks like training camp fodder was signed by Washington:

They signed DT Justin Hamilton who will take Daron Payne's place at minicamp...Hamilton played for the Cowboys (20 tackles) the Eagles and Chiefs......

Washington also signed  OT Willie Beavers he spent time with a number of teams and played in only 2 regular season games....

In other news---Browns/Panthers still talking about Baker Mayfield but salary remains the obstacle.....And speaking of the Browns and obstacles it looks like TWO MORE lawsuits are coming DeShaun Watson....SMH!

And from the UNBELIVABLE DEPARTMENT----Kyle on GMF was telling Vikings WR KJ Osborn he loves everything about his QB Kirk Cousins---ya know the guy that knows how to pad stats BUT cant win a big game.........but Kyle nitpicks Carson to death..😫🙄🙄🙄..BTW Osborn does have a cute dog....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched GMFB this morning, with Darius Butler as a guest. Interesting program. The content seems to have changed since Kay Adams left. I thought the show seemed more about football and not so much entertaining, trying to be funny. 

The Colts signed DE Ifeadi Odenigbo, who played with the Vikings and more recently the Browns. He had more success with the Vikings and will fill in a rotational role with Indy. 

I hope Gardenman gets his internet back soon. We have Frontier, cable, phone and internet combined. Had a severe thunderstorm last night-lightning was unreal- but fortunately didn't lose power. Several roads are closed because of electrical lines and tree limbs down, though not in our area of town. 

Tom Grossi has a 3 minute youtube video entitled " If NFL teams use Tinder."  Part one shows 8 teams. The video is clever and funny. Grossi nails it with the teams. Part two should be coming out later. 

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Matt Ryan is standing out in off season practices. Reports are that he has "upgraded accuracy." I haven't heard that term before.

Gerald McCoy was a guest on Total Access, and thinks that there will be a quarterback competition in Tennessee.  Tannehill might not be the long term answer for the Titans. McCoy pointed out the playoff loss to the Bengals, saying that when a team gets 9 sacks on the opponant and still loses, it's a quarterback problem. Malik Willis could get a chance to play this year. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Matt Ryan is standing out in off season practices. Reports are that he has "upgraded accuracy." I haven't heard that term before.

Gerald McCoy was a guest on Total Access, and thinks that there will be a quarterback competition in Tennessee.  Tannehill might not be the long term answer for the Titans. McCoy pointed out the playoff loss to the Bengals, saying that when a team gets 9 sacks on the opponant and still loses, it's a quarterback problem. Malik Willis could get a chance to play this year. 

@teganslaw 

Yep, that is a new term....hmmmmm...."upgraded accuracy"..What exactly does that mean???.🤔  Ryan had more INTS than Wentz (12 vs 7)......and Wentz had more TDs.....

QBCapture.PNG

Malik Willis intrigues me....he was the guy if Washington was going to do everything to move up in the draft to get their guy I was hoping Willis would be "the one"....It will be interesting to watch the Titans to see what happens....

Esteemed Contributor

Colts safety Khari Willis is retiring from football and will devote his life to preaching. He is religious and feels that he can do more good in his life. He's only 26 years old, so this came as a surprise. I wish him well in his endeavor. 

Julian Blackmon is returning from injury, and there is the draft pick S Nick Cross as well as other undrafted players who could fill that spot.

The Commanders need to get Terry McLaurin's contract done soon. Rivera is confident they're heading in the right direction, so that's good. Rumors are starting about McLaurin heading to another team, one of them being the Colts. Reports are that Indy has called Washington inquiring about McLaurin, who has said that he's a Colts fan from childhood.  

I don't see it happening, as the Colts don't have as much cap space and would have to give up  several draft rounds. 

Mark Twain