Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2022!!!

Tyreek Hill thinks the Chiefs will slip without him and Mahomes will miss him. Eh, probably a little, but Andy's been around long enough to know how to scheme guys open and they still have some pretty good receivers. I wouldn't expect a huge drop-off for the Chiefs, The Chiefs may even be better. 

They've still got Travis Kelce, Juju Smith-Schuster, Mecole Hardman, and the ever-interesting Josh Gordon. If anyone can ever harness Gordon's demons and get him back to playing at his best, the sky's the limit for the kid. The Chiefs have been very impressed by Gordon during the OTAs. Just maybe he can finally put his demons to rest and get back to playing football.

Hill is cheerleading Tua a lot (as expected) but Tua and Mahomes aren't close to being the same guys. It'll be interesting to see how Hill's first year in Miami goes.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I lost track of where Josh Gordon is; didn't realize he was in KC. He's no longer on suspension? As far as not getting into trouble, I'm not yet convinced. He would need to play an entire season before I'll even consider him improved. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Yeah, Josh has bounced around a lot. He started with Cleveland, then the Patriots, then the Seahawks, then the Zappers (in a fan-controlled football league), and last year and this the Chiefs. He was reinstated in September of 2021. He didn't do a lot last year, but he didn't get suspended again so that's good. The kid has a ton of talent. Just a few too many demons. The Chiefs say he's looked like his old self in the OTAs, so that's a good sign. You can't really count on a guy like him, but if he can shake off the demons, he could be special. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jack Del Rio did a wise thing and deleted his Twitter acount......So sad but this is what one has to do with all the "hysteria" that's out there on social media.....Washington players were asked if they could still play for Jack Del Rio and basically no one even cared what he had said per Jon Allen....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Forbes latest ranking on the worth of NFL teams...WOW, Washington has fallen all the way to number 5!!!! (they used to be #2 or #3..).. The league needs to do something about Snyder but I bet they are too chicken to take action and oust him! 

unnamed.jpg

And after GMF raked Wentz over the coals WOW here's some POSITIVE press for a change on Carson Wentz ...

If there’s one thing that stands out about Washington's  Carson Wentz, it is his impressive arm strength. From his five years with the Philadelphia Eagles to his one season with the Colts, Wentz has proven to be one of the better deep passers in the NFL. NFL’s NEXT GEN STATS ranked Wentz as one of the NFL's top 10 deep ball passers from 2021....and Pro Football Focs also weighed in analyzing the top 10 deep passers from the 2021 season. PFF’s list is obviously different from Next Gen Stats, but Wentz is also included in PFF’s version. Arizona’s Kyler Murray ranked No. 1 per PFF, and Wentz came in at No. 8.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw 

YAY Jonathan Taylor smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif....and check out #2---smileys-cheerleading-755332.gifWTG Antonio!!!!.....Gee, where's Zeke Elliott 😉

coltCapture.PNG

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The media focuses almost exclusively on Wentz's negatives, but there are a lot of positives also. They latch onto "Two teams got rid of him in two years!" What they forget is the Eagles wanted to keep him. They didn't want to trade him. They spent weeks trying to talk him into staying. When they determined he wouldn't be happy in Philly, only then did they make the move.

And they didn't send him to the NFL equivalent of Siberia, which a lot of teams do with disgruntled guys, but to a team where he'd be comfortable. And the coaches in Indy didn't want him gone, it was the owner. A fickle owner upset at two losses overlooked the twelve weeks where Wentz was a top-five QB. And Wentz was playing with no practice after getting Covid toward the end of the season. He started the year with a broken foot, had injuries to each ankle, Covid, and never missed a single game. 

Does he have issues? Sure. Every QB does. If you subjected Tom Brady to the same level of scrutiny, you'd come away thinking Tom Brady was horrible. Wentz will do fine. He's a good QB. He's just a lightning rod for criticism for some reason.

Matt Ryan last year threw for 20 TDs and 12 INTs. Wentz threw for 27 TDs and just 7 INTs. Ryan's an upgrade? Uh, no.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Fickle" is one way to describe Jim Irsay. There are many others. 

I didn't realize that Antonio Gibson was #2 in rushing first downs/touchdowns. Impressive!

I wonder how teams manage training camps and workouts in Houston, Dallas, Arizona where temps are in the triple digits. That could be dangerous.  Years ago, I remember Korey Stringer, of the Minnesota Vikings dying due to overheating or heat exhaustion. They must have some way of making sure players are kept safe.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

"Fickle" is one way to describe Jim Irsay. There are many others. 

I didn't realize that Antonio Gibson was #2 in rushing first downs/touchdowns. Impressive!

I wonder how teams manage training camps and workouts in Houston, Dallas, Arizona where temps are in the triple digits. That could be dangerous.  Years ago, I remember Korey Stringer, of the Minnesota Vikings dying due to overheating or heat exhaustion. They must have some way of making sure players are kept safe.

@teganslaw 

The only bad thing about Gibson he is prone to fumbling, hopefully he can correct that habit....

Dallas holds training camp in Oxnard, California where its a lot cooler....

The Cardinals are using air conditioned State Farm Stadium ......

And it looks like the Texans are holding camp at The Greenbriar Sports Performance Center in West Virginia......

Honored Contributor

Players these days wear more sensors than a NASA astronaut. They have probes, monitors, and sensors all over the place recording their activity level, perspiration, respiration, and more. The sports scientists with teams know everything there is to know about a player these days. They even have GPS tracking to record every step they take and monitor their top speed, average speed, and more. They even have a thermometer pill that has a sensor they swallow that monitors their body temperature from inside them. Modern players are very carefully monitored in most settings. It's pretty impressive the stuff they do these days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!