Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2021!!!

Back to a somewhat football related post, the Eagles finally took down the giant Carson Wentz banner outside the stadium. They're leaving it empty until just before training camp. Are they waiting to see if they land one of the disgruntled QBs (Watson or Rodgers) before putting up the new banner? If they knew who was going up it would have made sense to do it while the crane and crew were there yesterday. It's just one of those things where you wonder why they didn't have a replacement banner ready. Wentz was traded months ago. Are they waiting to see who the QB is?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Here's an ironic note. The last time the brake line failed was exactly five years ago, July 1, 2016. I just looked up that service. So, every five years to the day I can count on my brakes failing. Interesting. I haven't heard back from the garage yet, but their service department is open until midnight, so I still could. I'll give them until ten tomorrow morning and if I don't hear anything I'll call back to get an update.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And if you really want to cue the Twilight Zone music, it was even just about the same time in the morning that the brakes failed. Probably within ten minutes or so of each other, exactly five years apart. Maybe I've got a weird poltergeist living in my car? Come to think of it, is there a "normal" poltergeist? Probably not. I'm guessing they're all weird.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

And if you really want to cue the Twilight Zone music, it was even just about the same time in the morning that the brakes failed. Probably within ten minutes or so of each other, exactly five years apart. Maybe I've got a weird poltergeist living in my car? Come to think of it, is there a "normal" poltergeist? Probably not. I'm guessing they're all weird.

@gardenman 

Yep, that is Twilight Zone like for sure....😮 Perhaps its a curse that was put on the break manufacturer so every customer with this brake brand gets a visit from the "Break Ghost" every 5 years.......!!!! 👻 BTW is this also a coincidence the Decades Channel is having a Twilight Zone Marathon starting noon ET through July 4th...😯

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It is a bit bizarre. I had to look it up to see and five years to the day and even the same time period (7:30-8:00 AM). FIve years ago it was the rear brakes, now it's the front brakes. Thank God I don't have any middle brakes to worry about. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!