Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2020!!!

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

Looks like things are in line for the majority of knees to be on the ground this season.  Those standing will be the ones standing out.

I've read, I've listened, and I know a lot of people have changed their minds,

but my mind just can't get there.  Maybe another couple months will make a difference, but I don't think so.  Makes me so sad to miss another season,

I have 4 new shirts, I got my grandkids all new shirts for a family DC 

picture  Woman LOL

Laughing, but I feel like crying.

Think I'll go ahead and have the photo make....just in case. Smiley Happy

@yellowrose 

I'm with you yellowrose....they tried this before and what positive changes did it actually accomplish .....SMH!!!!

And sad to report that Spur's Coach, Gregg Popovich is meddling with the NFL and putting fuel on the fire, Pop is targeting NFL Commish Goodell and NFL owners regarding their position on the topic....He's always been outspoken and its cost the Spurs some sponsors and fans....But instead of silencing him, NBA Commish, Adam Silver, put him on the Committee For Change, but Silver said he doesnt want older coaches on the bench since they are vunerable to the virus (still being debated)...Why doesnt Pop speak up about that....hmmmmm!!!! And since Pop's coaching style has changed he's mellowed too much!!! ....maybe its time he retired....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

Looks like things are in line for the majority of knees to be on the ground this season.  Those standing will be the ones standing out.

I've read, I've listened, and I know a lot of people have changed their minds,

but my mind just can't get there.  Maybe another couple months will make a difference, but I don't think so.  Makes me so sad to miss another season,

I have 4 new shirts, I got my grandkids all new shirts for a family DC 

picture  Woman LOL

Laughing, but I feel like crying.

Think I'll go ahead and have the photo make....just in case. Smiley Happy

i am personally very happy about this and look forward to seeing it happen! maybe people will actually listen more to what is being said and why it is being said......that is my hope anyways. peace and love

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

NFL players have tons of opportunities to make statements without doing it on the field during the national anthem. They are surrounded by the press on a regular basis and can draw a crowd whenever they wish to speak. Those saying it's not about the flag have to ignore what CK said in his own words. He said it was about the flag and respecting the flag.

I find it ironic that many of those who were angry with Tim Tebow for praying on the field are fine with CK and the antics of his followers. Many argued that Tebow was trying to force his views on others, but see no problem with Kaepernick. There's a disconnect there I find interesting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Tim Tebow was kneeling for the wrong reason, according to some people. If he would have been doing it for injustice instead of praising a higher being, everything would be have been OK.

My feeling on the whole thing: I don't think it did much good, but if players want to kneel, it's their choice. I don't expect things to change much in society because of kneeling (I'm cynical in that perspective), but I won't let it keep me from enjoying football. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

I really wish the kneeling didn't ruin football for me, but it does and I

can't get pass that.  Putting a knee on the ground is not making me listen,

quite the opposite.  "They" say kneeling isn't about disrespecting our flag and

what it stands for, but

I can't see it any other way. If anyone wants my attention....TALK and I will listen, I will converse with others about the topic, I will support peaceful protests, I will look at mself more closely and wonder if I can be better, I will pray.

But kneel..... and I will totally ignore you.  

Thanks to those sharing their thoughts with me. Even if we don't agree,

I like to hear your view point.

I really really really wish I could put it all aside and just enjoy

some football.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

NFL players have tons of opportunities to make statements without doing it on the field during the national anthem. They are surrounded by the press on a regular basis and can draw a crowd whenever they wish to speak. Those saying it's not about the flag have to ignore what CK said in his own words. He said it was about the flag and respecting the flag.

I find it ironic that many of those who were angry with Tim Tebow for praying on the field are fine with CK and the antics of his followers. Many argued that Tebow was trying to force his views on others, but see no problem with Kaepernick. There's a disconnect there I find interesting.

@gardenman 

I find it a tad hypocritical....CK can have his rights, but Tebow cant exercise his 1st amendment right to worship.... interesting, yet very sad.......

And your right about what CK said about protests being about the flag ....funny how people have a "selective memory" too..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Tim Tebow was kneeling for the wrong reason, according to some people. If he would have been doing it for injustice instead of praising a higher being, everything would be have been OK.

My feeling on the whole thing: I don't think it did much good, but if players want to kneel, it's their choice. I don't expect things to change much in society because of kneeling (I'm cynical in that perspective), but I won't let it keep me from enjoying football. 

@teganslaw  @yellowrose @gardenman 

The protests wont keep me from watching/enjoying  football either, BUT it will keep me from buying player jerseys or NFL gear/stuff or supporting advertisers of NFL games.......

Maybe I'll buy me a Joe Gibbs Nascar Racing

t-shirt instead to wear on NFL game day Smiley Happy

Change comes from developing and putting a REAL PLAN into action to right things that are wrong....

Honored Contributor

Back to more football-related stuff for a bit. The experts at Sports Illustrated are now saying the Eagles' biggest weakness is wide receiver. Hmm....last year that was the strength of the team in most experts' views preseason. Injuries changed it in the season, but preseason everyone was raving about the strength and depth at wide receiver.

Let's see, we have Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson, Greg Ward, and JJ Arcega-Whiteside back from last year. We lost Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins from last year. We added veteran Marquise Goodwin, rookies Jalen Reagor, Quez Watkins, and John Hightower. Were Agholor and Hollins that good that we're doomed without them? I don't think so.

The Eagles have weaknesses and unknowns, linebacker and the defensive backfield being the two biggies. Left offensive tackle is a bit iffy with Andre Dillard likely taking over for Jason Peters. Wide receiver looks pretty solid right now. I would not label it a team weakness. The big issue last year at WR was speed. Our guys were slow and couldn't stretch the field. Not as big a problem this year with six guys capable of running in the 4.2-4.3 range.

While I'm here, I have a GamePass question. When I try to watch a game on GamePass on my Roku I have to select "Games" then the year I want, then the week I want, then the game I want to see from that week. At that point, I'm left with two options, only one of which is clickable. The two options are "Sign up for GamePass," which I've already done, and "Sign out." The only thing that works is "sign out," so I hit that. Then it takes me back to the home page and I have to do the game selection thing all over again and I pick the game and this time it gives me the option to "Sign in." I click on that and it then gives me a cod that I have to enter into my phone on their website. (The code doesn't work if I try to enter it through my tablets or desktop.) Then I have to log into NFL.com on my phone and then finally I can watch the game.

Does everyone have to jump through those hurdles or is there something amiss that's happening to just me? It works, but it's about a five-minute process to get to watch a game. I subscribed to Game Pass through my Roku and if I try to subscribe through it again it says I'm already subscribed, but the only way to watch a game is to sign out and then sign back in through my phone after entering their code.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman , sorry  I have no advice for you regarding Game Pass. I don't have Roku, and I never had a problem signing into Game Pass on either of my computers.  My husband connected a high speed HCMI cable to the laptop so I can watch computer videos on TV. 

Maybe someone familiar with Roku can help you with your problem. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Well at least SI has the Eagles ranked 5th in Power Rankings!  Thats pretty good.....

Cant help you with game pass I dont have Roku.....