Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2019!!!

Whoo-hoo! The Eagles survived the OTA's and minicamp without any major injuries! Now there are six weeks off before training camp. Here's hoping none of the players do anything stupid in those six weeks.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Kenny Moore’s contract for the colts keeps him in a colts uniform through 2023.  He was only going to make 645k this year. This contact gives him 30m of new money. With escalators it could be up to 36m.

Honored Contributor

Daks agent is throwing a figure of 34 mill out there ....people aren't sure if this is a starting point or max he's going for.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trent Williams was back in surgery....Ian Rapoport updated the story, and added that Williams' surgery is a cleanup to where the original scar was, and is not considered major or a setback. The Washington Post's Les Carpenter also noted that this is a cosmetic procedure for the original surgery performed on Williams' head.  

Maybe this is what caused Trent's annoyance, the Redskins Medical Staff didn't think this surgery was important and he should be at camp, but even though it was cosmetic it was still important to Trent..so it ticked him off....just me speculating....

With leg injuries to Joey T., Colt McCoy, Alex Smith, and now Redskin fan Kevin Durant, perhaps this is a "Redskin curse"......

D. Hall has joined the NFL Network.....He will be on GMF and Total Access...

How about those Raptors, NBA CHAMPS! Happy for the Raptors and all those NBA Canadian fans, Danny Green...and rest of Raptor players...except Kawhi....(And I never was a fan of Golden State and forming super teams).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Daks agent is throwing a figure of 34 mill out there ....people aren't sure if this is a starting point or max he's going for.....

I'm pretty sure it's not the max he'd take. You know he'll want more than Wentz got since JJ's been talking Dak up for months. If Wentz hits all his incentives, he'll be making $36 million a year. At worse, Wentz makes $32 million. Dak wanting $34 puts him right in the middle of Wentz's pay range, but I suspect that's what Dak wants in base pay and probably another $4-$5 million in incentives to stay ahead of Wentz. Jerry has to decide whether to act sooner and get ahead of Goff, or wait and likely see Dak's price go up even more after Goff signs.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts are trying out a robotic QB at camp. This could be an idea for regular season games. Injuries would be non existent and the robots couldn't be sacked. Unless there was some computer malfunction... hopefully, that wouldn't happen. No contract disputes, either. I don't think that the robot will make the roster, though. Woman LOL

Broncos owner, Pat Bowlen passed away. Complications due to alzheimers. RIP.

Congrats to the Raptors! I'm not that much into basketball, but am glad the Warriors are out. The NBA needed a new champion.

I got HBO so I could watch "Game of Thrones." Now that it's over, I'll probably keep HBO to see "Hard Knocks." The Raiders should be interesting with all their dysfunction.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

A robotic QB for camp makes sense. Quarterbacks tend to wear down over a long training camp. In a game, a quarterback might throw thirty to forty passes. In training camp, it's not unusual to throw a hundred or more each and every day. If you've only got two or three quarterbacks on the roster, their arms will fall off at some point. The Eagles typically take four quarterbacks to camp, then their many QB coaches all played QB so they can step in to spare the real QB's also. The last thing you want is your starting QB coming out of camp with a dead arm. You want your "real" quarterbacks to get enough reps to be sharp, but not enough to tire their arm. It's a balancing act. You need lots of reps for the receivers and DB's, but you also have to protect your QB's.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Cowboys TE Gathers suspended first game, Vs Giants if he makes 53 man roster for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy....

Gathers was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana by Frisco, Texas, police before the start of last season. In March, Gathers reached a deal with the district attorney, reducing the charge to a Class C misdemeanor, 90 days deferred adjudication and a fine.

Gathers, a 2016 sixth-round pick, caught three passes for 45 yards last season. He is in a fight to make the 53-man roster this season and spent the offseason working as the fourth tight end behind Witten, Jarwin, and Schultz.  SMH---He'd rather smoke pot and jeopardize a possible job in the NFL.....go figure

He might not be the only Cowboys player to hear from the league in terms of discipline. DE Crawford was involved in an incident early in the offseason in Panama City, Florida, and  RB Zeke was caught on film knocking down a security guard at an event in Las Vegas.

Honored Contributor

June and July seem to be suspension months in the NFL. That's when you typically hear of guys getting suspended for early offseason, or past season issues. If you come out of July with no suspensions, you're generally safe for a bit.

We're now in the NFL doldrums. Players, coaches, GM's and front office staff all get real vacation time now for four or five weeks before training camp starts. NFL reporters are left high and dry with little to write about. It's pretty much the only time of the year where the NFL has nothing happening. Team headquarters are largely ghost towns, with only rehabbing players still around, and many of them even head elsewhere to rehab. As the end of July rolls around all heck breaks loose, but until then expect things to stay pretty quiet. A few unsigned free agents may find new teams. Guys who were franchise tagged may get a new contract, or opt to play under the tag, but by and large, this is the only real offseason in the NFL.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts are trying out a robotic QB at camp. This could be an idea for regular season games. Injuries would be non existent and the robots couldn't be sacked. Unless there was some computer malfunction... hopefully, that wouldn't happen. No contract disputes, either. I don't think that the robot will make the roster, though. Woman LOL

Broncos owner, Pat Bowlen passed away. Complications due to alzheimers. RIP.

Congrats to the Raptors! I'm not that much into basketball, but am glad the Warriors are out. The NBA needed a new champion.

I got HBO so I could watch "Game of Thrones." Now that it's over, I'll probably keep HBO to see "Hard Knocks." The Raiders should be interesting with all their dysfunction.

@teganslaw  @gardenman 

Robotic QBS sounds like something from the Jetson's cartoon...😆

Image result for jetsons robot football

Related image