Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2018!!!

Jameis Winston has managed to get himself suspended for the first three games for groping an Uber driver. Not a smart move.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Other people who were traveling with Winston said that there wasn't any incident, and he denies any wrongdoing.  However, later Winston was ridiing by himself in another taxi, so that makes two different Uber rides. It seems to be a case of "he said, she said" but the NFL must have found something to suspend him.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:
Jameis Winston has managed to get himself suspended for the first three games for groping an Uber driver. Not a smart move.

@gardenman

I knew it was just a matter of time and wondered how long he could keep that fake personna going (ya know the caring,respectful gentleman he pretended to be).....

I even read that some people are thinking that the Bucs would be better off moving on from Winston.........why some said even Colin K would be better....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Other people who were traveling with Winston said that there wasn't any incident, and he denies any wrongdoing.  However, later Winston was ridiing by himself in another taxi, so that makes two different Uber rides. It seems to be a case of "he said, she said" but the NFL must have found something to suspend him.

@teganslaw

Here's some more info about the incident....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/22/third-man-with-jameis-winston-and-ronald-darby-is-n...

BTW someone on the PFT Talk Show asked an interesting question....Why wasn't Eli suspended over the case he was involved in regarding selling NFL stuff that was supposed to be game worn but wasnt....He settled out of court (so doesnt that admit guilt )...Yet no suspension came for Eli ....hmmmmm!!!!  

So what do you think about Jerry Jones trying to move the combine from Indianapolis to Jerry's World in Arlington.  They said in Indianapolis everything is convenient, medical facilities to check player's medical history/past injuries, as well as hotels restaurants etc....While in the Dallas Metroplex area everything is far apart---medical facilities, hotels, etc so much of the time will be lost in traveling (through HIGHLY CONGESTED traffic I might add)....He wants another Super Bowl too...but the last Super Bowl experience at Jerry's World was not a good one...and throw in icy roads which meant no one wanted to travel so vistors were pretty much stuck in their hotels.....  Pretty soon Jerry will be asking to move league headquarters to the Metroplex area...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting that Eli wasn't suspended over allegedly selling items that weren't game worn. Maybe that didn't go against NFL policy?  I don't know....

I hadn't heard about Jerry Jones wanting to move the NFL combine to Arlington. Indianapolis has everything close together, and easy access. Moving to Arlington would be a logistics nightmare, but I guess that doesn't bother Jerry. Wouldn't a move like that have to be approved by some committee or the team managers? 

Former Chargers safety, Tre Boston, commented that the market is rough for safeties. He wasn't happy with his visit to Indy. He tweeted that he never saw the Colts' GM, head coach or defensive coordinator, and that was left by himself for a few hours, although he did get to play some basketball. He didn't mention if he did see anyone else.  He had also visited the Cardinals, and although he said that they rolled out the red carpet for him, their offer was "very disrespectful." 

I wonder what the was all about. If the Colts organization really acted like that, it's a problem and quite classless. But then his remark about Arizona made me think that the problem could be the contract and his expectations. I would like to know the whole story about what went on. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Last year it was wide receivers who were low value free agents, this year it's safeties. Very few have signed and when they have it's been below market value contracts. Oddly enough, wide receivers were hot commodity this year. Every year there's a position or two that's not in demand, this year it's safeties. The NFL safety position is evolving and now is kind of a hybrid between cornerbacks and fleet footed linebackers. Teams want a guy who can cover like a corner, but hit and fill the box like a linebacker. Older safeties don't generally fit that modern description.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Interesting that Eli wasn't suspended over allegedly selling items that weren't game worn. Maybe that didn't go against NFL policy?  I don't know....

I hadn't heard about Jerry Jones wanting to move the NFL combine to Arlington. Indianapolis has everything close together, and easy access. Moving to Arlington would be a logistics nightmare, but I guess that doesn't bother Jerry. Wouldn't a move like that have to be approved by some committee or the team managers? 

Former Chargers safety, Tre Boston, commented that the market is rough for safeties. He wasn't happy with his visit to Indy. He tweeted that he never saw the Colts' GM, head coach or defensive coordinator, and that was left by himself for a few hours, although he did get to play some basketball. He didn't mention if he did see anyone else.  He had also visited the Cardinals, and although he said that they rolled out the red carpet for him, their offer was "very disrespectful." 

I wonder what the was all about. If the Colts organization really acted like that, it's a problem and quite classless. But then his remark about Arizona made me think that the problem could be the contract and his expectations. I would like to know the whole story about what went on. 

@teganslaw

Yep, on the Golic & Wingo Show, Trey Wingo talked about Jerry wanting to move the combine to his "palace". Trey said just like the draft in April, he talked about everything being spread out and far apart in Texas and how everything is convenient  in Indianpolis, so moving the combine didnt make sense to him either......But that's how Jerrah is.....he even took away a High School Football event from my city too...And everything is convenient within walking distance downtown here right near the stadium too..But Jerry's  grabbing anything and everything he can....I hope those parents and students have fun sitting in traffic as they travel from their hotel to the stadium, or look for things to do ...I wonder if Jerry needs money, or the upkeep of his palace is costing him a pretty penny....

I dont know who has to approve the Combine move for the NFL....but as we know Jerry likes to throw his weight and importance around....animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif

That's wierd about safeties....but as @gardenman said the NFL is changing as the game and offenses change........But it will probably cycle around just like RBs were unimportant a dime a dozen and then the Cowboys signed Zeke and that all changed.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well compliments all around....Alex Smith complimented Redskin WR James Crowder and the feeling was mutual....

Of WR Crowder, “He’s so eay to read as a quarterback,” Smith said. “Such great body control, body language. He sees defenses well and it’s hardest to do that in between the hashes. You get so many looks and leverages and you have to handle all those things. He’s decisive and he’s so friendly. He’s always coming back to the ball, always working for you. Those are things you know as a quarterback come crunch time that here’s a guy who will constantly work his tail off to get open. He wants the ball. You love that as a quarterback.”

The feeling is mutual — Crowder said Smith “knows how to see defenses, see different coverages” — and Crowder said he’s over a “frustrating” hamstring injury that limited him at times last season. If all of that continues through the summer, Crowder should be a busy man come the regular season.

I can't wait to see this tandem in action---Just think only a few weeks until Training Camp starts, preseason wont be far behind, and then the regular season--YAY! Woman Very Happy

Some friends and I went to see the new Jurassic Park movie, (the movie was good) . Afterwards I said good bye to my friends, it was evening and still a blazing hot 95 degrees and I didnt want to do anything else accept go home to my air conditoned house, nothing much on TV but the NFL Network replayed a Chiefs/Falcons game so I decided to watch and get a glimpse of my new Redskin's QB....He played really well (although the Chiefs defense almost lost the game because of their penalties and mistakes, the Chiefs won by 1 point) but Alex was so confident in the huddle and his throws were on target, a nice mix of some long and short passes, along with a little running game too...While Captain Kirk wasnt always so poised especially near the end zone, and sometimes didnt read and adjust to defense's coverages. But we will have to see how it works for Alex and the Redskins with different coaches and personnel....But I liked what I saw.........

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt

Hi! You know I think Alex Smith could turn out to be really great for the Redskins! Have a hunch ... just a feeling ... that Alex will have a better season with the Redskins than will Captain Kirk with the Vikings!! Time will tell ... but I think your team will be very good this year!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt

Hi! You know I think Alex Smith could turn out to be really great for the Redskins! Have a hunch ... just a feeling ... that Alex will have a better season with the Redskins than will Captain Kirk with the Vikings!! Time will tell ... but I think your team will be very good this year!!Woman Happy

@yellowBeetle

I sure hope you are right, Woman Very Happy but I remain cynical.....