Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2018!!!

Another year, another Cowboy gets suspended....

DL David Irving will be suspended the first 4 games in 2018 for violating the NFL's substance polcy.  He was also suspended in 2017 for performance enhancing drugs.....SMH!!!

Seeing an energetic Andrew Luck has ignited and energized the entire team.  Some have commented that he clearly looks stroner in his upper body.  One teammate commented he looks as strong or stronger as the O line the way he is lifting in the weight room............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The NFL wouldn't be the same without a Dallas Cowboy getting suspended. Have to carry on tradition.....

Andrew Luck is stronger than he was. He's going through several steps of the ball: 1. stationary throwing; 2. movement; 3. spotting recivers, 4. throwing to receivers at full speed. Eric Ebron mentioned that one of the reasons he wanted to come to Indy is because of Andrew Luck. 

The Eagles' Superbowl rings look good. I'm happy that they beat the Patriots.

SPURT: are some NBA fans tired of Golden State winning all the time? Excpet, of course, the team;s followers. Just like many NFL fans grew tired of NE always winning. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw

That is such good news about Andrew Luck!!! Woman Happy He has always been one of my faves. Admire his great talent and also his professionalism and no-nonsense demeanor. Hope he comes roaring back this fall! 

Honored Contributor

Suspensions create uncertainty in a locker room which is never a good thing. One or more players will have to be cut when the suspended guy/guys come back. Those bottom of the roster guys get very distracted by that and worried they'll be the guy cut. It's not a question of the team might cut a guy, you know they will cut a guy. (Or guys if there are multiple suspensions.) On a "normal" team, if you make that final roster, you're pretty safe and can focus on football. On the Cowboys you don't know if you've truly made the team until the suspended guys are back.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@teganslaw

That is such good news about Andrew Luck!!! Woman Happy He has always been one of my faves. Admire his great talent and also his professionalism and no-nonsense demeanor. Hope he comes roaring back this fall! 

@yellowBeetle @teganslaw

I have always liked Andrew too. In addition to his talent, leadership, and intelligence, he has a great sense of humor too.....I like his commercials...Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@teganslaw

@yellowBeetle @teganslaw

I have always liked Andrew too. In addition to his talent, leadership, and iintelligence, he has a great sense of humor too.....I like his commercials...Woman Very Happy

@Spurt

I agree about his sense of humor ... I remember how good he was in some TD Ameritrade ones! He's a natural!Woman Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:
Suspensions create uncertainty in a locker room which is never a good thing. One or more players will have to be cut when the suspended guy/guys come back. Those bottom of the roster guys get very distracted by that and worried they'll be the guy cut. It's not a question of the team might cut a guy, you know they will cut a guy. (Or guys if there are multiple suspensions.) On a "normal" team, if you make that final roster, you're pretty safe and can focus on football. On the Cowboys you don't know if you've truly made the team until the suspended guys are back.

@gardenman

Yep, your right....especially when you differentiate a normal team versus the Cowboys....Ever since Jerry took over it appears to be the norm......

I know my Redskins have had some incidents, but I also think thats why they let Trent Murphy leave since he got suspended 4 games last year.....and didnt pick up Junior Gallette's option either...............

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The NFL wouldn't be the same without a Dallas Cowboy getting suspended. Have to carry on tradition.....

Andrew Luck is stronger than he was. He's going through several steps of the ball: 1. stationary throwing; 2. movement; 3. spotting recivers, 4. throwing to receivers at full speed. Eric Ebron mentioned that one of the reasons he wanted to come to Indy is because of Andrew Luck. 

The Eagles' Superbowl rings look good. I'm happy that they beat the Patriots.

SPURT: are some NBA fans tired of Golden State winning all the time? Excpet, of course, the team;s followers. Just like many NFL fans grew tired of NE always winning. 

@teganslaw

Since Jerry Jones bought the team it's just a tradition with the Cowboys--And perhaps the media should be on the alert for a Zeke Elliott watch....it might only be a matter of time...

Yep, that is a beautiful design on the Eagles's Super Bowl ring....And it was nice that they also gave a ring to a former Eagles's secreatary and Executive too.....Im glad the Pats got set down from their high horse too.......I hope some teams in the AFC can step up and challenge them in the upcoming season..........

download (4).jpg

As for the NBA...to me seeing Golden State win all the time is BORING..This "super team" concept has destroyed the NBA---why have a regular season at all---why even have a fnals (afterall the NBA Eastern Conference is weak, and "super team" made mincemeat out of the Western Conference playoff teams and got a nice long rest-while the Eastern Conference winners did not)....Woman Frustrated

The NBA Commish tried to remedy the situation by implementing a regulation that a super max salary can only be offered to player  that has been on the same roster for 5 years --but that doesnt seem to be working as the Lakers plan to try to implement that too---getting LeBron and perhaps our Kawhi Leonard (if they are both willing to take less money)and also add another free agent to put their own "super team" together....And Houston is exploring that option too....I guess they dont care about developing young talent to create continued interest as stars age....

Yes NBA teams used to have dynamic duos --  Celtics Kevin McHale and Larry Bird, Kobe and Shaq, the Rocket's Twin Towers, and our Spurs had David Robinson and Tim Duncan but they developed the rest of the key players over the years on the team.....But it was seeing dynamic duos playing against each that created great games and rivalries that made the NBA fun!...

But there has to be a point where the players on the
"super team" that took a lot of less money to join a "super team" want to move on and get paid what they are worth....And role players that dont get much playing time want to leave too...That's our only hope..........

And Kevin Durant (Redskin fan though he is) is getting a lot of flack not just from me and other fans, but all the media as well, that he wasnt good enough to carry Oklahoma to a champinship even with Westbrook and has to rely on others at Golden State to win championships....Im glad he's getting razzed for that!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh Oh is this the begging steps for the Jags getting ready to make that move "across the pond" permanent as the NFL paid for an NFL ONLY field on the grounds of a new soccer stadium being built....Now they say they are doing it because soccer teams use a different kind of grass that doesnt have the proper footing for American football, yah-right Smiley Wink .......Personally I think the Chargers should move to London so they'd FINALLY get noticed and perhaps develop a real fan following.....

Hall of Famer, Rod Woodson, had this to say about T.O. not showing up for his enshrinement--“I really don’t care if he comes or not,” Woodson said. “But what bothers me more than anything is that in T.O.’s life, he’s had different things that happened to him in his life, but there’s people who helped him come along through his childhood, high school, college, to get to the point where he’s at to be one of the better players to ever play in the National Football League . . . you can be there to acknowledge them. And they lose out, because he’s thinking, It’s all about T.O. For all those people who helped him, for him not to acknowledge them to the public, it’s a shame.”

Despite loosing Dez Bryant and Jason Witten, Dak Prescott is promising the fans that the Cowboys will be an exciting team and suprise a lot of people......

Some of the NFL fan comments---

One Boyz fan commented-"Im a Cowboy fan and even I don't believe it...."

Another fan---"more exciting ways to lose"

Another comment- "I have spent considerable time analyzing the Dallas roster and concluded the COWBOYS STINK!!"

And this one--"The Cowboys ALWAYS surprise people, 

as in, “I thought the Cowboys were supposed to be good this year”…

And this ---Mike White might be starting at QB by week 9.

And Eagle fans chimed in--

This fan of the World Champion Philadelphia Eagles is unimpressed by Daks rant. His poor play speaks for itself.

I’m always excited when the Cowboys lose.

Going 6-10 is hardly a surprise.

Dak you forget you play in the eagles world soon to be back 2 back super bowl champions son and yes eagles fan here

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ask you to bear indulgence while I discuss the next story....

Lordy Lordy----Moose is on it's way to my city.....that is Daryl Johnston....along with Mike Riley to put together an AAF football team.....Moose will act as GM and Riley will be coach...Riley coached the WLAF team our city had which was quite successful.....

I am so sick and tired of all these minor league football teams coming to our city, givng football fans false hopes....they told us to support 'em so the NFL would take notice and give us a real NFL team.....but it hasn't happened yet....

San Antonio Toros Continental Football League

San Antonio Riders World League of American Football

San Antonio Wings World Football League 

San Antonio Talons-Arena League

Jerry Jones wants to be KING of football in the state of Texas....He was happy when Houston didn't have an NFL team (the Oilers moved to Tennessee) and the Cowboys were Texas's team.....Then Houston got the Texans and he had to split the pot 2 ways....Then San Antonio became one of the final candidates for an NFL expansion team, we even had a stadium built and ready for an NFL team to move in....Rumor has it that Jerry nixed San Antonio--his self centered interest was that he didnt want to split the NFL pie THREE WAYS!!!  So Jacksonville got the team..population ..892,062 vs San Antonio 1.493,000.  

The NFL made a mistake and it showed due to hurricane Katrina the Saints temporarily stayed in San Antonio. The Saints played an NFL game here and sold out the 65000 seat stadium in a matter of minutes....and Louisian got scared they could loose their team since Tom Benson also had ties to San Antonio as well as New Orleans...so businesses in all of the state grouped together and promised to rebuild the Super Dome in New Orleans and the city as well to help New Orleans save their team..... 

Back to Jacksonville, except for last year Jacksonville as struggled with attendance putting up tarps to cover up empty seats and even added a swimming pool area to help keep fans cool as an enticement that fans would come to the games.....We will have to see how team performance and attendance holds up in Jacksonville---also you have to wonder why they are the team chosen to go to London so often and if they will eventually become London's team permanently....yep the NFL made a mistake....

It seems San Antonio NFL fans has moved on from thinking the NFL will ever have a team here...Although the Chargers would be better off here than in a 10,000 soccer stadium and are scarely noticed in California...

Although people here still love and worship football, but soccer and baseball are gaining support....we have minor league teams in both sports and are looking to upgrade....baseball already upgraded a bit....