Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2018!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Ezekiel Elliottt will be taking over the leaership role in Dallas. With Bryant and Witten gone, they needed someone to lead, but it seems that Dak Prescott would have filled that role. Zeke has had presonal problems and been suspended, so not sure he would be the best choice. Maybe he'll take this seriously and act more mature now. 

Julio Jones plans on skipping mandatory minicamp. He must have the money to pay the fines he'll be accumulating. matt Ryan signed a new contract, but it's unclear waht is going on with Jones' contract. 

@teganslaw

I don't think Zeke Elliott would be a good roll model---He is certainly NO Jason Witten.........Ah, but that's the Cowboys for ya.............

Speaking of Witten the Dallas Zoo named a baby giraffe after him........

So whats up with Julio---his team was close to getting to the Super Bowl....so he comes across as just a greedy player. Jones, inked a five-year, $71.25 million contract extension in August 2015 that included $47 million guaranteed, that now makes him ninth in average annual salary among all wideouts.  So I guess contracts mean nothing in the NFL anymore...

@teganslaw

I saw that Andrew Luck threw 10 passes to Reggie Wayne...........looks like Andrew is on schedule

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Ezekiel Elliott is many things, but a team leader isn't one of them. Last year he didn't make any effort to chase down two defenders on interceptions and just stood and watched. Running backs tend not to be viewed as team leaders by other players as their skills are more viewed as instinctive and not achieved through hard work. Quarterbacks, offensive linemen, safeties, and other positions create more leaders. Those guys have to work harder and can't just rely on instinct. They earn a position as a team leader. Running backs are viewed differently by a team. They may love the guy, but won't necessarily follow his lead.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

Ezekiel Elliottt will be taking over the leaership role in Dallas. With Bryant and Witten gone, they needed someone to lead, but it seems that Dak Prescott would have filled that role. Zeke has had presonal problems and been suspended, so not sure he would be the best choice. Maybe he'll take this seriously and act more mature now. 

Julio Jones plans on skipping mandatory minicamp. He must have the money to pay the fines he'll be accumulating. matt Ryan signed a new contract, but it's unclear waht is going on with Jones' contract. 

@teganslaw

I don't think Zeke Elliott would be a good roll model---He is certainly NO Jason Witten.........Ah, but that's the Cowboys for ya.............

Speaking of Witten the Dallas Zoo named a baby giraffe after him........

So whats up with Julio---his team was close to getting to the Super Bowl....so he comes across as just a greedy player. Jones, inked a five-year, $71.25 million contract extension in August 2015 that included $47 million guaranteed, that now makes him ninth in average annual salary among all wideouts.  So I guess contracts mean nothing in the NFL anymore...

@teganslaw

I saw that Andrew Luck threw 10 passes to Reggie Wayne...........looks like Andrew is on schedule

@Spurt

Look at those eyelashes on baby Witten the Giraffe!!!!

Gorgeous!!!Woman HappyWoman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman

Good to see you posting again ... missed reading you here the last week!Woman Happy

Wanted to say I think your predictions about Wentz being ready for week one seem to be spot on! The pictures lately of him in practice look phenomenal! My fear has been that he would not be quick and mobile enough in September to escape tackles. But these latest pictures make him appear like the Wentz of old! So it looks more and more like we will see him on September 6 .... just 12 weeks from tomorrow night! (But who's counting??!!Woman Wink)

Esteemed Contributor

Andrew Luck is throwing! He threw a regular NFL football to Reich about three weeks ago, and should be ready by the time training camp starts. Luck said that he will throw every day except Thursday, the last day. It's already planned that way, so fans shouldn't be concerned about that. He might even play a preseason game or two. Luck looks good, feels no pain and has his strength back. All good. I expect him to be a bit rusty at first, but that's not important; the main thing is that he's healthy again. 

That's a nice honor for Jason Witten. Giraffes are some of my favorite animals. 

Off topic: SPURT, Lebron James will be a free agent soon, and Popovich wants to recruit him to the Spurs.  If they want him,the team will have to release some high profile players in order to free up the salary cap, and decide about the Kawhi Leonard situation. There wil be a bidding war going on because LeBron doesn't lack for suitors.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

Im so glad Andrew is doing well and throwing footballs, including a regulation size football....Boy the folks on ESPN were just making a mountain out of a molehill about him throwing a college football....how convenient that they left out the facts that he threw a regulation size football 3 weeks ago...SMH!!!  Its so hard to find a CREDIBLE sports journalist these days---SHEESH!!!!

As far as LeBron coming to my Spurs...All the NBA players LOVE Coach POP, including LeBron.  LeBron said he wants to play "intelligent basketball" translation Coach Pop and the Spurs...But I just dont think LeBron will sign with the Spurs--

My Spurs are getting ready to talk to Kawhi to see if he's really healthy in order to sign him to a max contract deal.(or see if Kawhi wants to be traded) Kawhi would also have to agree to re-sign with the Spurs in order for LeBron to consider coming here....One interesting factor is our young point Guard Dejounte Murray is good friends with LeBron....

Yep Spurs would have to get rid of a lot of players:

Danny Green (hes a good young player and plays defense really well),

Rudy Gay-a good wiley veteran. He played great, last season which was first years with Spurs

Pau Gasol-an aging savvy veteran .

Tony Parker long time Spur, getting old, Spurs have his heir apparent ready in Murray...Tony sees the handwriting on the wall

Patty Mills could be traded but they just re-signed him and he's the backup point guard---so we need him to mentor young Murray......

Manu Ginobili-hes 40, but gives the team a spark and energy even at his age-HUGE fan favorite-Manu could even chose to retire on his own............

Now I wish the Spurs could get rid of LaMarcus Aldridge--he can be a good player, but he's a whiner, and doesnt give his all every game.. 

Getting rid of all or some of these players would leave LeBron with Kawhi, and Murray and bunch of young unproven players who are still learning....Not the best scenario for LeBron...

But Pop is ready to try to lure LeBron and a local artist says he has a billboard idea ready--

Capture1

LeBron's more likely to go to the Lakers, he already has a home in LA, businesses there, NBA Champion Magic Johnson is their GM, already has a couple of good young players.....they could lure another Big Time free agent to come to LA to play wth LeBron....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle

Yeah, I was in the hospital for a week with an infected PICC line, so I was out of touch. I've now got a new PICC line, antibiotics, and I'm back! At least for a while anyway. I see my ortho docs on July 18th and given how the femur feels, I will be likely heading back into the hospital again. It's just refusing to heal.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:
@yellowBeetle

Yeah, I was in the hospital for a week with an infected PICC line, so I was out of touch. I've now got a new PICC line, antibiotics, and I'm back! At least for a while anyway. I see my ortho docs on July 18th and given how the femur feels, I will be likely heading back into the hospital again. It's just refusing to heal.

@gardenman

Oh I am so sorry to read this. I had a feeling something was wrong since you post on such a regular basis. Well, it's good you are home now. Take care and we'll keep our fingers crossed for lots of femur healing between now and your visit on July 18 to your ortho doctors! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:
@yellowBeetle

@gardenman

So sorry to hear about your ordeal with your infected PICC line,  wishing you the best and quick healing with your femur!

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman  I agree about Zeke. Zac Martin is likely to step up to a leadership role, not Zeke. In fact, Zac was just given Jason Witten's locker. It's going to be someone like Zac or Travis Frederick. I think the team and coaches expect Zeke to grow up a little, but certainly don't expect him to assume the mantel of leadership. Would they like to have another Michael Irvin -- the on-field one -- who performs and leads? Sure. But it's not Zeke.