Respected Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2018!!!

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

Oh I think they will end up regretting it..........

And all this talk and attention on the anthem and protests hasnt really done anything to solve the real issues......

I don't think they will regret it. I'm from Philly and I support those players who chose not to attend. They have their reasons and I respect that. And as another poster said if POTUS wasn't so stuck on his ego and is so obsessed with crowd numbers the players that wanted to go could have still went. Just like he"canceled" the Warriors trip, duh they weren't going anyway. Malcolm Jenkins tweet yesterday was priceless. 

Esteemed Contributor

Eric Ebron seems to like being in Indy. He said that he "clicks" with Frank Reich and looks to be involved in the game like Ertz was in Philly. Things weren't working out in Detroit for him, so maybe Ebron has finally found his place. 

Sunshine45, what is going on with the Ravens? The team has to give up two OTA sessions because of rule infractions. This also happened two years ago. The owner and Harbaugh were fined 100K and 50K respectively. No details on what the infractions were. Maybe you need to contact the team and set them straight.Woman Frustrated

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DJs mom wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

And all this talk and attention on the anthem and protests hasnt really done anything to solve the real issues......

I don't think they will regret it. I'm from Philly and I support those players who chose not to attend. They have their reasons and I respect that. And as another poster said if POTUS wasn't so stuck on his ego and is so obsessed with crowd numbers the players that wanted to go could have still went. Just like he"canceled" the Warriors trip, duh they weren't going anyway. Malcolm Jenkins tweet yesterday was priceless. 

@DJs mom

POTUS was played and he knew it, the Press Secretary said that they had received 80--that's right--80 RSVP's cofirming that they were going to attend as late as Monday and the ceremony was Tuesday....Then all of a sudden it dropped down 3 with one of them being the Eagles mascot....Now one might say that perhaps someone in the Eagles organization sent the RSVPS before they consulted the players which would make up for the vast disperity in the number of attendees, BUT what gave the Eagles away was when the Eagles backtracked a bit and suggested another date---the other date was---if they watch the news at all was the date of the Summit---that spoke Volumes to the little games the Eagle organization was playing.....Woman Frustrated But it was the Eagles left with egg on their face that had traveled to DC for the ceremony---so they hurt their own fans!  And rumor has it that in the meeting about the new anthem policy Eagle's owner Lurie was quite vocal in his feelings about POTUS---so it puts it all in perspective!  

I like what DeMarcus Ware of the Cowboys/Broncos said when asked about the Eagles decision to skip the ceremony..."Presidents come and go, but the white house remains the peoples house, so I would go to see that."

And just to set the record straight-- I am NOT of a fan of ANY POLITICIAN, dislike BOTH parties, I think they are all in it for themselves these days and dont really give a qwapp about the people!--They care greatly about the lobbyists and how much green the lobbyists can put into the poitico's bank account--thats what they care about!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DJs mom

POTUS was played and he knew it, the Press Secretary said that they had received 80--that's right--80 RSVP's cofirming that they were going to attend as late as Monday and the ceremony was Tuesday....Then all of a sudden it dropped down 3 with one of them being the Eagles mascot....Now one might say that perhaps someone in the Eagles organization sent the RSVP before they consulted the players which would make up for the vast disperity in the number of attendees, BUT what gave them away was when the Eagles backtracked a bit and suggested another date---the other date was---if they watch the news at all was the date of the Summit---that spoke Volumes to the little games the Eagle organization was playing.....Woman Frustrated But it was the Eagles left with egg on their face that had traveled to DC for the ceremony---so they hurt their own fans!  And rumor has it that in the meeting about the new anthem policy Eagle's owner Lurie was quite vocal in his feelings about POTUS---so it puts it all in perspective!  

I like what DeMarcus Ware of the Cowboys/Broncos said when asked about the Eagles decision to skip the ceremony..."Presidents come and go, but the white house remains the peoples house, so I would go to see that."

@Spurt Just as POTUS is quite vocal about his feelings for NFL players. He makes everything about him. Again I don't blame the Eagles for not going. If it was me I wouldn't have attended either. POTUS tried to make it about partiotism and the anthem, but neglected to mention NONE of the Eagles (bnot one) have ever took a knee when the anthem was played/sang. Anyway it is over and the Eagles fan base around here is as strong as ever!!

GO EAGLES!!!

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DJs mom

POTUS was played and he knew it, the Press Secretary said that they had received 80--that's right--80 RSVP's cofirming that they were going to attend as late as Monday and the ceremony was Tuesday....Then all of a sudden it dropped down 3 with one of them being the Eagles mascot....Now one might say that perhaps someone in the Eagles organization sent the RSVP before they consulted the players which would make up for the vast disperity in the number of attendees, BUT what gave them away was when the Eagles backtracked a bit and suggested another date---the other date was---if they watch the news at all was the date of the Summit---that spoke Volumes to the little games the Eagle organization was playing.....Woman Frustrated But it was the Eagles left with egg on their face that had traveled to DC for the ceremony---so they hurt their own fans!  And rumor has it that in the meeting about the new anthem policy Eagle's owner Lurie was quite vocal in his feelings about POTUS---so it puts it all in perspective!  

@Spurt Just as POTUS is quite vocal about his feelings for NFL players. He makes everything about him. Again I don't blame the Eagles for not going. If it was me I wouldn't have attended either. POTUS tried to make it about partiotism and the anthem, but neglected to mention NONE of the Eagles (bnot one) have ever took a knee when the anthem was played/sang. Anyway it is over and the Eagles fan base around here is as strong as ever!!

GO EAGLES!!!

@DJs mom

You are certainly allowed to have your opinion, and as you pointed out that none of the Eagles took a knee during the season or SB.  And Im glad to hear that you are a fan that stands by their team.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Terrell Owens whined and cried he didnt make the HOF on the first ballot, so he gets in so now he's decided to skip the enshirement ceremony......what a JERK!!!  If he didnt want it, they couldve given his spot to Joe Jacoby who would gladly go to Canton for the enshirement. 

@teganslaw

I read that Reich said Andrew Luck is getting real close to throwing footballs.............

It looks like the Ravens fines and forfeiting of 2 OTA sessions were because of violation of pass coverage contact rules during OTAs. The NFL's collective bargaining agreement, ratified in 2011, prohibits contact during offseason workouts. It reads, in part, "Contact work (e.g., 'live' blocking, tackling, pass rushing, bump-and-run) is expressly prohibited in all offseason workouts." 

Teams that have been fined in the past are subject to spot checks by the NFLPA, or sometimes players themselves will make a complaint. 

In 2010, which was Harbaugh's third season, Baltimore had to cancel the final week of OTAs, which amounted to two special teams practices, after six players complained to the players' union about late meetings and two others reported being held too long on the field after practice.

Harbaugh says he has felt the team has done all they could to remain in compliance, such as pulling young players out of practice that are having difficulties adjusting to the rule........

Mr.Irrelevent, Redskin rookie WR from SMU Trey Quinn, is impressing the coaches, Gruden called him a "QB friendly target" and "quiet assassin"...............

Esteemed Contributor

One perspective on T.O. declining the HOF ceremony is financial problems. Normally the team mostly connected to the HOF player pays for everything, but in T.O's case, he was with so many teams and caused problems that no team is interested in sponsoring him.

He might still give a speech by video, depending on whether a network wants to pick it up. I don't know how accurate this is, but it's one theory about T.O. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

One perspective on T.O. declining the HOF ceremony is financial problems. Normally the team mostly connected to the HOF player pays for everything, but in T.O's case, he was with so many teams and caused problems that no team is interested in sponsoring him.

He might still give a speech by video, depending on whether a network wants to pick it up. I don't know how accurate this is, but it's one theory about T.O. 

@teganslaw

PFT said the Hall of Fame covers the travel and lodging expenses for the Hall of Famer and those accompanying him. (Surely, there’s a limit to that; otherwise, the Hall of Famer could invite everyone he’s ever known.) The Hall of Fame, however, doesn’t pay for the party.   Jerry Jones paid a high price for Justin Timberlake---so the bar is set high for the entertainment and refreshment factor......  

But another theory is it could be that Owens realized that, when it was time to put together the list of people who would be accompanying him for the weekend, not many names would have been on it......THIS COULD BE THE REAL REASON!!!  

ONLY Terrell Owens KNOWS FOR SURE----

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

n/m

Esteemed Contributor

Ezekiel Elliottt will be taking over the leaership role in Dallas. With Bryant and Witten gone, they needed someone to lead, but it seems that Dak Prescott would have filled that role. Zeke has had presonal problems and been suspended, so not sure he would be the best choice. Maybe he'll take this seriously and act more mature now. 

Julio Jones plans on skipping mandatory minicamp. He must have the money to pay the fines he'll be accumulating. matt Ryan signed a new contract, but it's unclear waht is going on with Jones' contract. 

Mark Twain