Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2018!!!

[ Edited ]

Like I was telling some friends...over the years there have been occupants of the White House that I liked and disliked, and  when I visted DC, it happened to be a year that I wasnt so happy, (and I won'tsay which one) BUT STILL it was a honor to see THE HOUSE OF THE PEOPLE, and celebrate the freedoms we have and remember all the sacrifices that went into it.....If you dont like the "occupant' just celebrate our country and the history that you will be seeing!!!  

At least my Spurs got to go to the White House.....boy Kawhi is all sour faced....and we had a lot of international players on our team too, Timmy in a suit is a rareity he's usually wearing shorts.......Manu, Tony and Danny Green smiling and enjoying the moment...even Marco...who left Obama's beloved Bulls smiled when mentioned......And THE SPUR'S FANS that were there got to enjoy this too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKjIEerYJE

Related image

Other adminstrations too:

Image result for spurs white house 2007

Image result for spurs white house 2007

Here's an ancient one....

Image result for washington redskins at the white house

Pass to Ricky 
Sanders...............

Image result for washington redskins 92 at the white house

@teganslaw

Related imageImage result for colts at the white house 2007

@sunshine45

Related image

Image result for ravens at the white house

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

just putting this much of it here......i am sure you have all heard about the eagles DC visit being "cancelled" by the host.

“There are a lot of people on the team that have plenty of different views. The men and women that wanted to go should’ve been able to go. It’s a cowardly act to cancel the celebration because the majority of the people don’t want to see you. To make it about the anthem is foolish,” Smith added.

- torrey smith

Absolutely right.  If the current occupant didn't have his temper tantrum because all the kids didn't come to his party then the fans would have had their celebration.  

i agree @JillyMarie. i also dont think that any of the players who wanted to stick to their principles will regret their personal decision.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh I think they will end up regretting it..........

And all this talk and attention on the anthem and protests hasnt really done anything to solve the real issues......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

The Eagles are a great team and quite possibly could win another SB.  Perhaps a different scenario will develop and then a White House reception for the winning SB team would be more palatable to the players.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

The Eagles are a great team and quite possibly could win another SB.  Perhaps a different scenario will develop and then a White House reception for the winning SB team would be more palatable to the players.

well, i will say that i am hoping it will be the RAVENS in that position then. LOL Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

well, i will say that i am hoping it will be the RAVENS in that position then. LOL Smiley Wink

The Ravens have to beat the Steelers first.  Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie @sunshine45

The NHL Caps are breaking the DC curse and after one more good draft my Redskins will be in the SB mix and after such a long Super Bowl drought they wont care if Sponge Bob was President they'll be there.............

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

The Ravens have to beat the Steelers first.  Just sayin'.

LOL @JillyMarie

time will tell.........

cannot wait for the football season! cannot believe we are only three months away now!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

With all the hoopla of today, it seems that the passing of Dwight Clark with ALS isnt getting much attention.....
Dwight was 61....and he was known for "the catch"....As a Redskin fan I was so happy he made that play and the 49ers defeated the Cowboys 28-27.........RIP Dwight! 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

just putting this much of it here......i am sure you have all heard about the eagles DC visit being "cancelled" by the host.

“There are a lot of people on the team that have plenty of different views. The men and women that wanted to go should’ve been able to go. It’s a cowardly act to cancel the celebration because the majority of the people don’t want to see you. To make it about the anthem is foolish,” Smith added.

- torrey smith

I thought Smith said before the super bowl he would not

attend. Don’t you think players feel pressure to not go?

Smith has been against going for months but now feels

upset it was cancelled?

Understand the meaning of TEAM. You’re not individuals;

you win, lose, cry and celebrate TOGETHER.The TEAM

should have made a decision to go or not to go

TOGETHER.

Military members know what being a TEAM is, no one is

left behind.