Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2018!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

I went back and forth on the Seahawks/Cowboys game....Seattle is a tough place to play, the fans will be LOUD and PROUD and the Cowboys could walk away with a L

Those are excellent points you make about the Giants moving Flowers and the opponents he will be facing........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And for the ladies.(equal time)....Walter Payton MAN OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNER---and good guy---JJ WATT!!!

Image result for jj watt shirtless

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman

I went back and forth on the Seahawks/Cowboys game....Seattle is a tough place to play, the fans will be LOUD and PROUD and the Cowboys could walk away with a L

Those are excellent points you make about the Giants moving Flowers and the opponents he will be facing........

Yeah, it used to be that defenses would attack a quarterback's blind side. Not so much these days. JJ Watt, Von Miller, and lots of the best pass rushers are now coming in the quarterback's face. You can almost get by better with a weaker left tackle than right these days. Jim Schwartz was asked about one of his late blitzes in the Redskins game last year and he said that quarterbacks tend to make more mistakes when they see the rusher coming. Line up a guy in his line of sight, and even if there's someone there to block him, it'll affect the quarterback. Pretty much every defense these days is following that script, so moving Flowers could be a recipe for disaster. He'll face tougher pass rushers in a position he's never played, surrounded by guys he hasn't played with. Sure. What could possibly go wrong?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

LOL @gardenman sometimes it depends which beach you are on.....

to make you happy, here is one shot from their calendar shoot in the bahamas!

http://www.trbimg.com/img-4fe9108a/turbine/bal-ravens-cheerleader-calendar-shoot-on-beach-20120625/595/595x335

and BEFORE, getting on the plane. Smiley LOL

http://www.trbimg.com/img-4fe8bfc0/turbine/bal-ravens-cheerleaders-at-bwi-20120625/595/595x335

http://www.baltimoresun.com/travel/bal-pictures-ravens-cheerleader-calendar-shoot-bahamas-photogalle...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Just to follow up on that last post (my blueberry pies were done and needed to come out of the oven) Eli Manning does not respond well to pressure in his face. He tends to either chuck and duck (blindly hurl the ball down the field on a prayer,) or drop to the ground and curl up in a fetal position when rushers get in his line of sight. Putting your worst offensive lineman, where he'll go against the best defensive linemen, with a skittish quarterback, generally doesn't work all that well.  The Giants should know this as they used both Strahan and JPP as left defensive ends over right offensive tackles.

Why would they make this move? There are several options. One is to justify cutting Ereck Flowers who'd been their first round pick. Put him out there, let him make a mess and cutting him won't look so bad. In fact, the fans could demand you cut him. Option two would be to help justify gutting what's left of the team for a rebuild around Saquon Barkley. The team implodes, Eli Apple, Eli Manning and OBJ can get the boot as the team rebuilds around Barkley. Option three is they have no other option. There was no one better to try there, so throw him out there and hope for the best. As a fan of football, it'll be interesting to see how it works out. I'm glad I'm not a Giants fan though. This has train wreck written all over it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

LOL @gardenman sometimes it depends which beach you are on.....

to make you happy, here is one shot from their calendar shoot in the bahamas!

http://www.trbimg.com/img-4fe9108a/turbine/bal-ravens-cheerleader-calendar-shoot-on-beach-20120625/595/595x335

and BEFORE, getting on the plane. Smiley LOL

http://www.trbimg.com/img-4fe8bfc0/turbine/bal-ravens-cheerleaders-at-bwi-20120625/595/595x335

http://www.baltimoresun.com/travel/bal-pictures-ravens-cheerleader-calendar-shoot-bahamas-photogalle...

Now that's beach attire! I'm pretty sure they'd get more people showing up for the bash if they dressed like that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Reggie Wayne was on NFL Total Access and they talked about Washington's upcoming schedule. Wayne predicted that the Redskins would go 8-8, possibly even 10-6. He had them going 3-3 in the NFC East, winning the home games and losing on the road. He also predicted a win over the Colts. That all depends on what is going on Luck and how well he will play after being off for so long. 

Two games which could be decided either way, according to Wayne, are Houston  and Atlanta. He first had those games as losses,, but changed them to wins. 

In a poll, Alex Smith was voted as the player who will have the biggest impact on the team, with Guice coming in a close second. 

Dwight Freeney joined the NFL Network as an analyst. 

As good as Aaron Rodgers is, I'm not completely sold on the whole team as a playoff contender. Much will depend on how Jimmy Graham does and how well the defense plays. Maybe I'm way off, but I think that Graham is a bit overrated. Most of the time when I saw Seattle play, Graham didn't seem to do much. Now that he's with GB, I have to wait and see what happens. 

Gardenman, everyone appreciates the "difficult" work you do finding beach photos. Woman LOL Anyway to help get information out. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

I agree that Alex Smith will have the biggest impact on the Redskins, I just don't know if it'll be a good or bad impact. When you look at Andy Reid's history of trading away quarterbacks, the guys traded tend to flop. By Andy's standards he gave the Redskins a bargain basement price for Alex Smith. A corner and a third round pick is pretty cheap. AJ Feeley brought Andy a second round pick. Kevin Kolb got Andy both a second round pick and a starting corner. McNabb gave Andy a second and fourth round pick. Those first three guys Andy traded away were all supposedly really good quarterbacks, two young guys on the upswing, and the proven vet in McNabb. All three imploded away from Andy. The history looks a bit ominous. Andy got Alex Smith when the Niners decided Kaepernick was better. That's the same Kaepernick who's been out of football for a couple of years now.

Andy Reid is one of those quarterback whisperer type coaches who can take a so-so guy and make him look good. Whoever he plugged in for the Eagles played their best under him. McNabb, Feeley, Kolb, Jeff Garcia, and Mike Vick all played great under Andy, then fizzled when they left. Now he pretty much gave away Alex Smith. I don't know, but my confidence level isn't especially high for the Redskins. I think they might have been snookered by Andy a second time. We'll start finding out come September, but I'm not wildly optimistic.

Probably ninety percent of playing quarterback is done between the ears and ten percent physical. Andy's really, really good at getting into a quarterback's head and getting that right. When those quarterbacks leave Andy they still have the ten percent physical, but lose much of the mental parts. Dumb mistakes start to creep in. Misreads, interceptions, over thrown and underthrown balls become more and more common, and pretty soon, the quarterback looks lost and afraid. He gets tentative, afraid to make mistakes, which is a mistake. He's lost Andy in his head, and his game collapses. It'll be interesting to see if the pattern repeats yet again. If it does, Andy won't be able to give away a quarterback in the future. No one will take that risk.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Reggie Wayne was on NFL Total Access and they talked about Washington's upcoming schedule. Wayne predicted that the Redskins would go 8-8, possibly even 10-6. He had them going 3-3 in the NFC East, winning the home games and losing on the road. He also predicted a win over the Colts. That all depends on what is going on Luck and how well he will play after being off for so long. 

Two games which could be decided either way, according to Wayne, are Houston  and Atlanta. He first had those games as losses,, but changed them to wins. 

In a poll, Alex Smith was voted as the player who will have the biggest impact on the team, with Guice coming in a close second. 

Dwight Freeney joined the NFL Network as an analyst. 

As good as Aaron Rodgers is, I'm not completely sold on the whole team as a playoff contender. Much will depend on how Jimmy Graham does and how well the defense plays. Maybe I'm way off, but I think that Graham is a bit overrated. Most of the time when I saw Seattle play, Graham didn't seem to do much. Now that he's with GB, I have to wait and see what happens. 

Gardenman, everyone appreciates the "difficult" work you do finding beach photos. Woman LOL Anyway to help get information out. 

@teganslaw

WOW--Thanks for sharing all that optimisitc Redskin news....Woman Very Happy..I told you previously how I liked Reggie Wayne (he has a lot of Art Monk in him-harding working, humble, and went out and did his job without much fanfare)...............

Agree with you about Aaron Rodgers and the Pack and Graham....

Sorry @gardenman but I respectfully disagree with you about Andy Reid....The only true QB "whisperers" Ive seen are Bill Walsh (took 6th round draft pick Joe Montana and turned him into a HOFer...and did a good job with Steve Young too) and Joe Gibbs (won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBS).....And these were 2 coaches that were even successful with the replacement QBs during the NFL strike in the 80's too......JMHO

As far as Colin K---that was all Harbaugh's system and personnel that made Colin look good and got them to the Super Bowl....Under Harbaugh, the 49ers ran a power offense focused on the ground game, but one that would knock out teams with the deep pass after the jabs of the running game.  Those deep passes significantly boosted Kaepernick’s numbers, but that success disappeared as the talent around him departed exposing his weaknesses.....And looking back everyone is saying the 49ers shouldve kept Alex Smith and traded Colin K......Some call Colin-- Mr. Inconsitency seeing him play from game to game and quarter to quarter...In the 2013 season with Harbaugh, Kaepernick’s passer rating was 91.6 and Smith’s was 89.1.  In 2014, again with Harbaugh as head coach, Kaepernick had a 86.4 rating compared to Smith’s 93.4. Then things really fell apart. Smith’s rating was 95. 4 to Kaepernick’s 78.5. Now Kaepernick’s rating climbed a bit to 85.5 but Smith’s was 92.5. 

What is evident? The 49ers made the wrong call  to ditch Smith and go all in with Kaepernick.  But perhaps not so much as a QB whisperer, rather Reid is a coach who got the advantage of the HUGE 49ers MISTAKE which was a big  a gain for Andy Reid and the Chiefs.  He was smarter than the 49ers Ill give him that.

And to Colin K--I say your unemployment with the NFL just doesnt have to do with your anthem protests..........Woman Tongue

@teganslaw

Bill Polian is calling Frank Reich a QB whisperer with what he did with Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Wentz, Foles...and Polian thinks he will make Andrew Luck even better...., 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

We'll get a feel for how good Andy Reid is this year with Mahomes as his new project. I just know that he's coached Brett Favre (not hard to make Favre look good), McNabb, Feeley, Kolb, Jeff Garcia, and now Alex Smith, who all played their best under him and flopped when they left. Maybe he just got lucky and caught all of them on good years, but that seems unlikely.

I'm not saying Alex Smith is doomed, he could still play great, I'm just saying it's something to watch out for. As a rule, Andy Reid quarterbacks play their best under Andy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!