Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for June 2018!!!

the ravens are on the beach this weekend! well, some of them are......a few older players and some newer and current players, and some coaches.....and of course, the cheerleaders. it is the annual RAVENS BEACH BASH in ocean city, md.

https://media-s3-us-east-1.ceros.com/baltimore-ravens/images/2017/11/21/2591b129e55c7af2a5f0860f0da9f29c/header-img-half.jpg

sooooooooo looking forward to preseason football, especially since my orioles are not doing a darn thing these days!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Those cheerleaders look seriously overdressed for a day at the beach. The preseason will be here before you know it.

@Spurt

That Minnesota Miracle to knock out the Saints was truly a miracle, and not a great play. Keenum threw the ball too far inside the out of bounds line, to a receiver that had a safety closing in, ready to tackle him. Had the safety simply slowed a tick and focused on making the tackle, the Saints would have advanced. Instead the safety ducked his shoulder, rolled under the receiver and took out the corner who was pursuing the receiver. Simply tackle the guy inbounds and the game ends. If the corner hadn't been taken out, he'd have likely been able to make the tackle. That was far more miracle (and bad play by the safety) than a great play by the Vikings. That should never happen. Keenum threw up a prayer, because there was nothing else to do, and got very, very lucky. That pass should have been thrown closer to the sideline so the receiver could get both feet down then step out stopping the clock. Instead it was thrown too far inside, but the safety, who should have been playing safe, made a bone-headed play and the Vikings won.

I know that Packers team has some holes, but they have two really good things going for them. A really good head coach, and arguably the best quarterback in all of football. Either of those two things can drag a team to victories despite gaping holes, but when you combine the two, those gaping holes start to look a lot smaller.

I'm just not seeing what others are seeing in the Giants. They started out the season healthy last year and got off to an 0-4 start. They've flushed their entire offensive line this offseason, lost their dominant defensive end in JPP, lost their better starting corner in Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, hired a head coach who is reportedly the least inspirational speaker local reporters have ever heard (from his time with the Eagles anyway). They've got a fairly brutal schedule. Their starting quarterback has been slipping and among the lower tier quarterbacks for the last five years. They made a few good picks in the draft, but at low value positions. I think Saquon Barkley will be a beast, but just a great running back doesn't mean squat. Adrian Peterson, Eric Dickerson, and lots more all-time great backs never played in a Super Bowl. I could see the Giants winning as few as three games this year, maybe less. When you look at their schedule, it's hard to find wins. The Bucs and Bears games look like the only games where the Giants might be favored. Of course, that's why they play the games. Maybe Eli will be reborn and play like he did in his prime. You never know.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

LOL @gardenman we have had some strange weather here this past week. we have had some warm days, some cool days, some rainy days, some humid days. our weather has been all over the place. here is one where they are a little less covered up.

http://dehayf5mhw1h7.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/601/2018/05/01015147/BeachBash2018_PhotosThumb002.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45

Smiley Very Happy  Woman LOL  (in response to @gardenman)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Just for comparision sake, here are the Eagles' cheerleaders at the beach.

eagles cheerleaders.jpg

Versus the Ravens' cheerleaders at the beach.

ravens cheerleaders.jpg

I don't seem to recall ever having been around a bunch of beautiful, fit young women who decide to head to the beach but, "First, let's all change into long-sleeved shirts and jeans!" Yeah, that's real beach attire. (Sadly, I'm seldom around a lot of beautiful, fit young women. When I am they're typically wearing surgical masks/gowns and prepping me for surgery. Such is my life.)

As to the weather, around here it can be forty with snow flurries and you'll find women on the beach in fewer clothes than that. I'm sadly disappointed in those Ravens cheerleaders. I'm guessing the Redskins cheerleader scandal has the Raven's cheerleaders adopting a different outward appearance. Next year they'll no doubt be in burkhas. Pity!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

By the way, it took me a while to post that response as I had to go through literally hundreds of photos of Eagle cheerleaders in swimsuits to find just the right one. It's a burden, but I do it for my fellow posters to keep us all informed.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

I agree with you about the Giants....of course it's mostly a NYC fan base and perhaps the media is a bit intimidated--tough crowd... Woman LOL(and my sis is holding down the fort for "big blue" here in Texas) 

I think with the edition of a G and RB Barkley, a returning OBJ they think they solved all their problems....while it may help....they still have question marks at many positions, and created some on offense and defense....Eli Apple and Ereck Flowers seem to be busts,(they tried to trade Flowers but no takers, and the new coach decided to give Apple a second chance)  they got rid of JPP....they have a new coach and tougher schedule too....And did Eli just need some help, OR is his age starting to show??????????? They certainly are not contenders in my book and 6 wins may be a little high for them to obtain....JMHO!!!

Likewise my Redskins have a brutal schedule and an early bye week.....Players will have to stay healthy just to get to a 7-9 record---although our defense has improved with the draft and a healthy Jonathan Allen back.....and Guice should help the running game and it will challenge RB Rob Kelley to play better too, or else he will lose his full time starting job to Guice.....New QB who needs to develop a rhythm with new team WRs...Doctson and Alex seemed to make some good progress in OTAs and FA Richardson should be a HUGE improvement to Pryor!!!!  I just wish TE Jordan Reed could stay healthy!!!  Crowder is the slot receiver and should be more effective with Alex as QB--Crowder wont have to deal with throws down around his ankles....and things should be better down in the Red Zone too......But we have a way to go.......

I have a feeling Jerry Jones is going to be a tad disappointed in his Cowboys this year......Sorry I dont see them winning 10 games!!!....

Panthers-L    (Cam outperforms Dak)

Giants-    W   (Boyz have a few less holes than Giants)

Seahawks W (Wilson doesnt have enough help)

Lions-        L (Boyz D cant stop Stafford, Dak cant keep pace with Stafford)

Texans       L (If Watson is back again healthy and so is JJ Watt--need I say more)

Jags-          L (Boyz cant handle Jags D)

Redskins    L (win at Fed Ex for Skin's fans who will be pumped but we will split the meetings)

Titans -   W    (Boyz take advantage of new coach, and Mariota not fulfilling expectatins)

Eagles    L    (Super Bowl Champs exploiit Cowboy weakneeses)

Falcons    L-  (Falcons demolished Boyz last season Dak sackd 8 times will do a repeat)

Redskins   W  (like I said with rivalry-games will be split)

Saints        L    (Brees and Saints team hungry to get to the Super Bowl)

Eagles        L    (Eagles sweep the Boyz)

Colts           W   (Andrew needs another good draft)

Bucs            W  (Winston hasnt lived up to expectations and neither has their defense)

Giants         L   (in NY and almost New Year's Eve-so perhaps Boyz are in a partying mood -Garrett's not coach enough to put them in a game time mode and Giant fans will DEMAND the Giants win this one)

So my prediction is 6-10 for the Cowboys---just the opposite of Archer who predicts a 10-6 and possible playoffs...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Redskin predictions-

Cards---  W (they may have a new QB like the Redskins, but Cards also have a new coach to adjust to, and Bradford is coming off knee injury)

Colts        W (sorry Tegan altough new GM has given Andrew more help-still needs another good draft and its early with Andrew coming off his injury)

Packers      L  (Alex Smith is no Aaron Rodgers)

Saints          L  (Alex Smith is no Drew Brees) 

Panthers      W (this game is really a tossup for me I say our improved D will get a "W" and you never know about moody QB Cam)

Cowboys       W (Alex gets a win at Fed Ex to the delight of Skin fans)

Giants            W (in the past Alex has performed well against big blue)

Falcons          L  (Falcons have too many weapons)

Bucs               W (QB Winston not living up to expectations neither has their D)

Texans             L  (DeShaun Watson & JJ Watt take their toll)

Cowboys           L (Redskins have been cursed and have only won once on Thanksgiving in Texas)

Eagles               L (Super Bowl Champs too much for Skins)

Jags                   L (too much D for Skins offense to overcome)

Titans                 W (Skins say hello to 2 old friends Orakpo & Compton)

Eagles                L (unless Eagles are resting players because the Division is their's and they dont want to risk injury for the playoffs, it should be an Eagles sweep).............

My prediction 7-9 Record, but if Eagles are resting players it could be 8-8...........Will Snyder fire Gruden, Allen or BOTH!!! 

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

By the way, it took me a while to post that response as I had to go through literally hundreds of photos of Eagle cheerleaders in swimsuits to find just the right one. It's a burden, but I do it for my fellow posters to keep us all informed.

@gardenman

animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gifAnd we know how "difficult" a task that was just to keep us all informed....  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

I'm not so sure about that week three pick against the Seahawks in Seattle. Beating Seattle in Seattle is never easy. I agree the Seahawks will regress, but I wouldn't bet against them in that game. I tend to agree on the rest. 

As for the Giants, losing OBJ and the rest of the receivers hurt last year, but that happened in week five and they were 0-4 at the time. They're hoping their new offensive line is better, but they're moving Ereck Flowers from his natural (if poorly played) left tackle spot to right tackle. At right tackle he'll be facing Brandon Graham of the Eagles twice, Demarcus Lawrence of the Cowboys twice, Ryan Kerrigan of the Skins twice, and lots of other really good pass rushers. When Jason Peters got hurt last year there was brief talk of moving Lane Johnson to left tackle, but then they looked at who the pass rushers were in upcoming games and decided to keep him at right tackle. Many defenses now put their best pass rusher over that right offensive tackle to get pressure in the quarterback's face. It used to be you'd attack the blind side, but now they're more getting in his face. Barkley will be good. OBJ will make some plays, but I just keep coming back to maybe 3-4 wins for the Giants, and that could be optimistic.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!