Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for July 2018!!!

Didn't Leonard want out of San Antonio? He got his wish, if that's the case. Toronto is a lovely city, (I visited it some years ago), so it might not be so bad. 

I started reading Nick Foles' new book: Believe it: my journey to success, failure and overcoming the odds.  It's very interesting and highly recommended. One doesn't have to be an Eagles fan to enjoy the book, but since Foles describes training camps and the way the NFL works, besides his personal views, it would probably be more interesting if the reader is into football. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Didn't Leonard want out of San Antonio? He got his wish, if that's the case. Toronto is a lovely city, (I visited it some years ago), so it might not be so bad. 

I started reading Nick Foles' new book: Believe it: my journey to success, failure and overcoming the odds.  It's very interesting and highly recommended. One doesn't have to be an Eagles fan to enjoy the book, but since Foles describes training camps and the way the NFL works, besides his personal views, it would probably be more interesting if the reader is into football. 

@teganslaw

Kawhi wanted out but he wanted to go to the Lakers (he's from California) ....But the Spurs aren't stupid and aren't going to trade him to a Western Conference Rival and hurt themselves and build up an opponent....It would be like your Colts trading Andrew Luck to the Patriots in the AFC...It was funny because when the Lakers got LeBron he didnt want to play second fiddle, so now he says he wants to go to the Clippers.  But his plans have been postponed until next year when he becomes a free agent, in the meantime Kawhi gets to go to cold Canada instead of sunny California, and Canada has 42% Income Tax....We visited Canada and Toronto is a nice city, but that's not Kawhi'[s choice... So things didnt go the way Kawhi planned...I say GOOD RIDDANCE!

I think ESPN'S MICHELE BEADLE said it best....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgQiIj2lwf4

People were upset that Danny Green was included in the trade, he was a nice guy and did a lot for the community, particularly with kids....We will miss him....

Thanks for the book recommendation.....I like to read the sports books they are interesting....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts training camp starts this coming week, and the latest news is that Andrew Luck is good to go! He will have no limitations in camp other than some scheduled days off. Acording to Ballard, Luck will play in some of the preseason games. Fans have been waiting a long time for this. 

There are two players starting training camp on PUP list: safeties Malik Hooker and Clayton Geathers. Hooker, after surgery for a torn ACL, and Geathers because of knee problems. However, both should be ready by the time the regular season starts. 

The HOF game is in two weeks. It isn't long now until football starts. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw

That is such good news about Andrew Luck! Woman Happy He has always been a personal fave of mine ... wish him a terrific season. You must be so thrilled to have him back!

And thanks for the recommendation on the Foles' book ... will definitely read it!

Just seven weeks from last night is the opening regular season game, with the Eagles hosting the Falcons ... can't wait!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

i was a little surprised to see the baltimore ravens at #27.....did not think we would rank quite that high.

Collectively, the NFL teams hauled in about $8.2 billion in revenue, or $255 million per team.

the top 50 most valuable sports teams, according to Forbes:

Rank, Team, Value, 1-Yr change (Sport)

1. Dallas Cowboys, $4.8 billion, 14% (NFL)
2. Manchester United, $4.123 billion, 12% (Soccer)
3. Real Madrid, $4.09 billion, 14% (Soccer)
4. Barcelona, $4.064 billion, 12% (Soccer)
5. New York Yankees, $4 billion, 8% (MLB)
6. New England Patriots, $3.7 billion, 9% (NFL)
7. New York Knicks, $3.6 billion, 9% (NBA)
8. Los Angeles Lakers, $3.3 billion, 10% (NBA)
8. New York Giants, $3.3 billion, 6% (NFL)
10. Golden State Warriors, $3.1 billion, 19% (NBA)
10. Washington Redskins, $3.1 billion, 5% (NFL)
12. Bayern Munich, $3.063 billion, 13% (Soccer)
13. San Francisco 49ers, $3.05 billion, 2% (NFL)
14. Los Angeles Dodgers, $3 billion, 9% (MLB)
14. Los Angeles Rams, $3 billion, 3% (NFL)
16. Chicago Cubs, $2.9 billion, 8% (MLB)
17. San Francisco Giants, $2.85 billion, 8% (MLB)
17. Chicago Bears, $2.85 billion, 6% (NFL)
19. Boston Red Sox, $2.8 billion, 4% (MLB)
19. Houston Texans, $2.8 billion, 8% (NFL)
21. New York Jets, $2.75 billion, 0% (NFL)
22. Philadelphia Eagles, $2.65 billion, 6% (NFL)
23. Chicago Bulls, $2.6 billion, 4% (NBA)
23. Denver Broncos, $2.6 billion, 8% (NFL)
25. Miami Dolphins, $2.575 billion, 8% (NFL)
26. Green Bay Packers, $2.55 billion, 9% (NFL)
27. Boston Celtics, $2.5 billion, 14% (NBA)
27. Baltimore Ravens, $2.5 billion, 9% (NFL)
29. Atlanta Falcons, $2.475 billion, 16% (NFL)

30. Manchester City, $2.474 billion, 19% (Soccer)
31. Pittsburgh Steelers, $2.45 billion, 9% (NFL)
32. Seattle Seahawks, $2.425 billion, 9% (NFL)
33. Minnesota Vikings, $2.4 billion, 9% (NFL)
34. Oakland Raiders, $2.38 billion, 13% (NFL)
35. Indianapolis Colts, $2.375 billion, 9% (NFL)
36. Brooklyn Nets, $2.3 billion, 28% (NBA)
36. Carolina Panthers, $2.3 billion, 11% (NFL)
38. Los Angeles Chargers, $2.275 billion, 9% (NFL)
39. Arsenal, $2.238 billion, 16% (Soccer)
40. Houston Rockets, $2.2 billion, 33% (NBA)
41. Los Angeles Clippers, $2.15 billion, 7% (NBA)
41. Arizona Cardinals, $2.15 billion, 6% (NFL)
43. New York Mets, $2.1 billion, 5% (MLB)
43. Kansas City Chiefs, $2.1 billion, 12% (NFL)
45. Jacksonville Jaguars, $2.075 billion, 6% (NFL)
46. Chelsea, $2.062 billion, 12% (Soccer)
47. Tennessee Titans, $2.05 billion, 2% (NFL)
48. New Orleans Saints, $2 billion, 14% (NFL)
49. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, $1.975 billion, 10% (NFL)
50. Cleveland Browns, $1.95 billion, 5% (NFL)

The most recent Gallup Poll that showed football is still America's favorite spectator sport.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2018/07/18/the-worlds-most-valuable-sports-teams-2018/#...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I cannot get enough of that video of Tom Brady throwing to Wes Welker while Wes is on a golf cart. His arm looks like an absolute cannon in that video . Tom points and laughs at anyone who talks about his age, haha. Do so at your own peril 🏈

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Thanks for posting the info---interesting stuff....

Gee my Redskins slipped to 4th in the NFL rankings....Woman Frustrated

Well as people book Jerry's World,  more and more events will probably NOT be booking his stadium for a second event--people griped about the Super Bowl that was hosted there, and people complained that went there for the draft.....They didn't even get selected to hold a NCAA Final Four Basketball Championship (my city was one that beat them out-HA!) ....Everything is too spread out and those big screens make it so darn hot in that stadium with the roof closed.....But of course, Jerry WILL definitely make money from team sponorships and luxury suites etc because they are "america's team")---COUGH COUGH!!.....

I looked at that Gallup Poll results and MLB appears to be in trouble.....they are only attracting a minimal sized audience....the Sports Center highlights of those day MLB games are an embarassement ....there's hardly anyone there....so way have those weekday games during the day anyway.......Soccer may catch them in a couple years....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

i know that baltimore oriole attendance is hurting, despite changing up their ticket offers and concessions pricing. kids cheer free......two free tickets per adult for kids 9 and under, upper deck seating. it is a great deal and a fun way to spend the afternoon or evening.

of course, our team is hurting......BADLY.......in the playing department.

last place with no hopes isnt such a great place to be sitting. it has been a sad summer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Spurt

i know that baltimore oriole attendance is hurting, despite changing up their ticket offers and concessions pricing. kids cheer free......two free tickets per adult for kids 9 and under, upper deck seating. it is a great deal and a fun way to spend the afternoon or evening.

of course, our team is hurting......BADLY.......in the playing department.

last place with no hopes isnt such a great place to be sitting. it has been a sad summer.

@sunshine45

At least your Ravens finished with a decent record.....can't say the same for my Redskins.... all those injuries sure didn't help us.....

Sorry about your Orioles......but your Ravens could surprise you never know....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting article---They ranked the "top 10" of different parts of the team----And of course some commentary from me...Woman Very HappyWoman WinkWoman LOL

QBs-Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Philip Rivers, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith.

@gardenman  you can add an asterisk and add Foles in there too...JMHO 

(They said Alex Smith is a tier below Brady, Rodgers, Brees-but Smith is a capable QB)

RBs- New Orleans, Kansas City, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Chicago and New England.

(The comment on the Redskins ---even with the addition of Guice the Redskins still wont have a top running game)

WRs/TEs-Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Atlanta, Los Angeles Rams, Kansas City, New York Giants, Cleveland, Los Angeles Chargers, Detroit and New England.

I am sorry but the NY Giants!!!?????? Really---all they have is the tempermental and narcisstic OBJ who is coming off an injury---SMH....

(The Redskins are ranked as unproven with a new QB, new addition of Richardson, and of course the health of TE Reed...)

OL-Dallas, Oakland, Los Angeles Rams, Philadelphia, Washington, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta and New Orleans.

The Giants are the only team in the NFC East that didnt make it--that looks like trouble for Eli....

(A category where the Redskins actually made the cut, BUT they need to stay HEALTHY!)

Defensive Front Sevens-Jacksonville, Los Angeles Rams, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Denver, Baltimore, Houston and Washington.

@sunshine45  The Ravens always have a good D!.....

(With the addition of Payne and a healthy Allen the Crimson Tide alumn should help us a lot!!, the Redskins were tops in pressure but need to approve the run defense. rookie Settles shoul help too)

Secondary- Jacksonville, Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans, Denver, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Tennessee

@gardenman @sunshine45---The Eagles and Raven squads make the grade......

(as for my Redskins---there are questions at outside corner,-Fuller is gone, still have Norman, but some youngsters will need to step up. But the team did improve in their secondary play last season...)

Let the season begin....Woman Very Happy HTTR!