Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for July 2018!!!

Well there was some actual NFL news.....

The Redskins participated in the Supplemental Draft and selected CB Adonis Alexander from VT.  So the Redskins will lose their 6th round pick in the 2019 draft....With Breeland gone Alexander will add depth....His past is not the best, he was academically ineligible due to a past drug suspension and a 2 game suspension in 2016 for violating team rules ....but past drug tests has been clean and the results from this week's test was also clean.....so we will see............

And the Redskins waived punter Sam Irwin Hill............

The Giants selected Western Michigan CB Sam Beal in the Supplemental Draft.....

Jeff Fischer could become a commentator in the booth or pre-game studio show.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The Steelers couldn't reach a long term with Le'Veon Bell, so he'll play under the franchise tag this year. He'll be making 14.5 milion under the tag. According to his agent, since they couldn't work things out, this will proably be his last year in Pittsburgh. Have to see how that works out.

Darrin Sproles plans on retiring after 2018. He was thinking of retiring sooner, but decided to play at least one more year. 

Adam Vinatieri has been named the second best kicker in NFL history, according to Gil Brandt. Justin Tucker is #1. High praise for both of them! Vinatieri is 45 and has no immediate plans for retirement. As long as he feels up to playing, I'm all for it. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Sproles was going to retire last year, but when broke his arm and tore his ACL in week three, he had a rethink. He's looking very spry these days and wants to play in a Super Bowl, so he's coming back.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

i have to disagree with you regarding the chargers.

i will say i am NOT necessarily  a fan of the spanos family.

believe me, the fans in san diego were no fans......and those that were were fair weather fans. it was difficult to want to watch a game at home OR at a bar in SD when the games were blacked out due to poor ticket sales.

i think the move to LA will be better for them in the long run. they may have started out slow, but their fan base will grow if they can get some good, exciting games  under their belt.

time will tell i suppose.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The Steelers couldn't reach a long term with Le'Veon Bell, so he'll play under the franchise tag this year. He'll be making 14.5 milion under the tag. According to his agent, since they couldn't work things out, this will proably be his last year in Pittsburgh. Have to see how that works out.

Darrin Sproles plans on retiring after 2018. He was thinking of retiring sooner, but decided to play at least one more year. 

Adam Vinatieri has been named the second best kicker in NFL history, according to Gil Brandt. Justin Tucker is #1. High praise for both of them! Vinatieri is 45 and has no immediate plans for retirement. As long as he feels up to playing, I'm all for it. 

@teganslaw

Adam Vinatieri is an NFL LEGEND!!!  Whenever he decides to retire he should be a first ballot Hall Of Famer for sure, much to the consternation of one Terrell Owens....Woman Very Happy

Oh Oh....so Bell is pulling a Kirk Cousins....but he's taking a chance, because if he gets hurt.....he won't get the big bucks he wants, so its a roll of the dice every time he steps on the field.....at least with Kirk he had an O lne to protect him and could always take the easy way out and throw the ball away to keep himself healthy.....and that's what some critics pointed out about Kirk...padding his stats for the big contract, but Bell won't have that luxury......

O/T-BTW I saw where Indianapolis was awarded one of the NCAA Final Four Basketball Champion Games---CONGRATS!!!  My city was too---see it pays to have a stadium within walking distance of hotels, bars, restaurants, shopping etc etc......And HAHAHA....Jerry's World got left out in the cold....everything is too spread out and who wants to sit in traffic trying to get somewhere.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

JTUCK is only 28 years old......and barring any major health issues, i think he could be around for a long time! his jersey was the very first official jersey my daughter ever bought......pretty rare for people to want a kickers jersey!

of course, even some people feel like he should not have that distinction just yet.

"it isn’t accurate to name him as the best kicker of all time — yet. At the very least, he shouldn’t be above Hall of Fame kicker Morten Andersen and future Hall of Famer Adam Vinatieri."

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/11/gil-brandt-considers-justin-tucker-the-greatest-kicker-ev...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Indianapolis is great for getting around; everything is close and within easy access. 

I've had Justin Tucker on my fantasy teams, and he always delivers. If by chance he would be injured, Tucker could fall back on his opera talent. I've seen videos of him singing, and he is amazing! 

Tony Romo predicted that the teams making it to the Superbowl will be Green Bay and Jacksonville. He does a good job as analyst, but it's too early for SB predictions. Anything can happen to change things. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

JTUCK is only 28 years old......and barring any major health issues, i think he could be around for a long time! his jersey was the very first official jersey my daughter ever bought......pretty rare for people to want a kickers jersey!

of course, even some people feel like he should not have that distinction just yet.

"it isn’t accurate to name him as the best kicker of all time — yet. At the very least, he shouldn’t be above Hall of Fame kicker Morten Andersen and future Hall of Famer Adam Vinatieri."

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/11/gil-brandt-considers-justin-tucker-the-greatest-kicker-ev...

@sunshine45

And I haven't heard Vinatieri's voice .......  JTuckers wins on that note (pardon the pun) Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Indianapolis is great for getting around; everything is close and within easy access. 

I've had Justin Tucker on my fantasy teams, and he always delivers. If by chance he would be injured, Tucker could fall back on his opera talent. I've seen videos of him singing, and he is amazing! 

Tony Romo predicted that the teams making it to the Superbowl will be Green Bay and Jacksonville. He does a good job as analyst, but it's too early for SB predictions. Anything can happen to change things. 

@teganslaw

Tucker does have a fantastic voice!!!  

Tony Romo won some golf tournament so maybe in the euphoria of his golf win, made him come up with a wild Super Bowl prediction....

BTW Arraon Rodgers swam with Sharks as will Gronk on July 23 on Shark Week on the Discovery Channel......I bet the Packer and Patriot fans, their teams, and coaches were "thrilled" when they heard about that....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to apologzie to our neighbor to the North for sending 2 crybaby and pouting U.S. athletes to Canada......

NBA player Kawhi Leonard was traded from the Spurs to the Toronto Raptors.........Dont let the door hit you as you leave Woman Tongue

Also, problem child and disgruntled Hall Of Famer, Terrell Owens wants to play again....so his agent, 

Staroszik is negotiating on T.O.’s behalf with the Edmonton Eskimos. Owens recently invoked the 10-day window during which Edmonton either must make him an offer or release him from the team’s negotiating list.

No NFL team has shown any real interest in signing Owens since the Seahawks cut him nearly six years ago after a training camp/preseason audition. He last played in an actual football game with the Allen Wranglers of the IFL in 2012.

GETS YOUR PASSPORTS READY!!!.....................

Kawhi good riddance, someone posted this joke on how the scenario would go if Kawhi ended up on Toronto and now it's REALITY---

Pop: Kawhi you're traded to the Raptors
Kawhi's Uncle Dennis who is large & in charge: We wanted a big market!
P: It's the largest TV market in Canada
D: But ... Canada?
P: The healthcare is free so Kawhi can get as many medical opinions as he wants
D: It’s cold there!
P: Ice is great for "quad injuries"

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

OH CANADA!---download (9).jpg