Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for July 2018!!!

Andrew Luck sent the guy an autographed football for returning his wallet. That proves there are honest people. 

I read where Polian was encouraged to draft Leaf over Manning. I think it's hilarious, although I probably wouldn't  be laughing if it had happened. 

My favorite move Ballard made was trading draft places with the Jets, so they ended up with Nelson. I liked the move when it was announced. Ballard did well in the draft; I'm confident that things will turn around, unless injuries happen. I'm hoping that's not the case. 

The heat has gone for now; temperatures are in high 70's. Suppose to head back to the 80's but not as humid. We have central air, so the heat was tolerable. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Ryan Leaf was a talented QB coming out of college, and who knows, maybe he'd have been a star in Indy. He got into drug and legal trouble out west, but would he have had the same issues in Indy? Putting the right guy in the right situation is a big part of who succeeds and fails in the league. We might be talking about Hall of Famer Leaf if he'd gone to Indy. (Probably not, as he'd still be a knucklehead, but you never know.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Only 30 DAYS till the first preseason game!!!

At this point, I will take the preseason!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Ryan Leaf was a talented QB coming out of college, and who knows, maybe he'd have been a star in Indy. He got into drug and legal trouble out west, but would he have had the same issues in Indy? Putting the right guy in the right situation is a big part of who succeeds and fails in the league. We might be talking about Hall of Famer Leaf if he'd gone to Indy. (Probably not, as he'd still be a knucklehead, but you never know.)

@gardenman

He had mental heath issues--bouts of depression and suicide  too....too many demons to expell.  Its a shame because he had the talent....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another offseason, another Cowboy facing felony charges---

Cowboys cornerback  Marquez White was arrested in Collin County, Texas last month on a charge of second degree aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The charge is a result of what White described as a "road rage" incident last October that involved him flashing a gun at the driver of another car after an altercation when they were attempting to exit a highway.

“I eventually made my way in front of him and he proceeded to ride very closely and aggressively on my tail,” White said in a statement provided to the Dothan Eagle. “I hit the brakes to get him off of me and could then see him becoming very angry in my rear view mirror. He then sped up again and I hit my brakes again and after this time he pulled over to my driver side while still driving and proceeded to yell racial slurs such as the ‘N’ word while also threatening to kill me. Simultaneously while doing this he began to reach towards his glove box and that is when I flashed my weapon. He then hit the brakes, got behind me, and proceeded to follow me to my house. Upon arriving at my house I exited my car and went into my home as he sat outside and contacted the authorities.”

White said no arrest was made at the time and adds that he believes the accusation is “a personal attack on my image as well as the Star” by someone he says has changed their story “multiple times” since the incident. White was released on a $7,500 bond after he surrendered to authorities in June.

White was a sixth-round pick out of Florida State last year and spent the regular season on the practice squad.

And Ex-Eagle current Buffalo Bill LeSean "Shady" McCoy accused of domestic violence, animal cruelty, and steroid abuse....He denies the allegations....But if he's on steroids that would explain things....

Here's an update: 

“The assailant demanded specific items of jewelry that had been previously gifted to Ms. Cordon by Mr. McCoy, which Mr. McCoy had requested back on many occasions,” the statement from the attorney explains. “In fact, after Ms. Cordon refused to return her jewelry gifts to Mr. McCoy, he would often suggest to Ms. Cordon that she could be robbed because the jewelry was expensive.”

Although the statement apparently doesn’t come out and say it, the implication is inescapable: The lawyer believes McCoy orchestrated the invasion of his Georgia home and the ensuring robbery of and attack on Cordon.

If that’s true, McCoy likely has played his last down of NFL football.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Talk about dumb and dumber. The Cowboy seemingly did everything possible to make a bad situation worse. Then Shady does something even dumber in having someone steal back jewely he'd given to someone. Ah well, they're not my problems.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt

Talk about dumb and dumber. The Cowboy seemingly did everything possible to make a bad situation worse. Then Shady does something even dumber in having someone steal back jewely he'd given to someone. Ah well, they're not my problems.

@gardenman

And then this Shady McCoy thing gets even stranger with his former Bills teammate, Richie Incognito, coming forward as a character witness (not the kind of witness one would like)....Richie said that  Shady was in Florida and she was in Atlanta...

And more info-- Shady had a court date set to have her evicted, so why would he assault his ex.....But that doesnt do away with the possibility that he had someone else "do the dirty work, to try to get the jewelry back".....OR perhaps she staged this, but looking at those photos (which since have been removed, who would cause those injuries to themselves)....If Shady did this he should be on a lifetime ban from the NFL if he assaulted this woman, and threatened her son, and caused the dog to have kidney failure by beating it.........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Fouts, perhaps the greatest player in Chargers history, has criticized the team’s move, saying he’ll , always be a SAN DIEGO CHARGER, and never a Los Angeles Charger. Fouts has also left his longtime job calling Chargers preseason games, but not because of the team's move...... 

The Chargers are going with Spero Dedes and LaDainian Tomlinson as their preseason TV announcers this year, but the team says it would have gladly had Fouts join Dedes and Tomlinson in a three-man booth if Fouts’ schedule had allowed it.

What remains to be seen is whether Fouts wants to return to the Chargers’ booth. He’s made no secret of the fact that he thinks the move to Los Angeles was a mistake, and he has said the Chargers’ failure to sell out the undersized StubHub Center makes the whole league look bad. Fouts may not want to remain associated with the Chargers now that they’re in Los Angeles.

Gotta agree with Dan Fouts here....The Chargers move to LA was STUPID....The owner just didnt want to pay for a new stadium and was given other options (partner with a college and split the cost of the stadium that is what the Cards did in Phoenix,etc etc)   If the team is having trouble filling up a 27,000 seat Stub Hub soccer stadium (they were tarping off seats last season) so what are they going to do NOW with LeBron in town with the NBA, and the Rams getting all the NFL LA attention....The prospects dont look good for the Chargers.....That owner is dumber than Dan Snyder....and that's saying a LOT Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This Shady McCoy story is so tragic, imo.

Either he is a totally vile, heinous, utterly despicable person who hired a hit man to beat up his ex-girlfriend .... or he is an innocent man being framed and wrongly accused by a vengeful woman. 

What I have a hard time believing is that McCoy could do such a horrible thing in the first place. I know that none of us who see these  players really know them, but somehow in his interviews through the years with his parents and son, etc., McCoy just didn't come across as someone capable of something like this. And also it seemed like the height of stupidity that he would tell the hit man to demand that the woman turn over the specific jewelry that he, McCoy, had given her. I mean really .... if true, that is so implicating against McCoy!  Why would a random intruder demand specific gifts of jewelry from McCoy??

The injuries that can be seen in that photo .... which is still up on many sites .... are so horrific. The police said that the woman was treated and released from the hospital.yesterday. But those wounds looked so severe that I am surprised she could have been released that quickly.

Well, if McCoy was responsible for this he is through in the NFL and deserves to be in prison. He had been trying to get her to leave his house .... apparently he had been asking her to leave since last July. But if he resorted to this kind of criminal act to try to get even with her for not leaving, then he is the lowest of the low.

But if this is somehow a framing of McCoy by this woman, then she deserves to be held accountable.

Honored Contributor

Lesean McCoy had a bit of a history while in Philly. There was an incident where he threw a girl off a party bus (I think it was a party bus) because she wouldn't perform a sex act on him. She was left alone on the side of the NJ Turnpike. Nothing much would surprise me about McCoy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!