Honored Contributor

NFL News and Notes for July 2018!!!

And the long, long offseason is now winding down. By the end of July most teams will be in training camp and the real start to the season will kick off. Even now, after the OTA's and minicamps some teams are convinced they're a playoff team, while other teams know they swung and missed in the offseason. Some coaching staffs will be anticipating raises and extensions, while others are polishing their resumes and praying some team somewhere will give them a chance.

A lot of veteran players will really start to think about retiring once they see the team put around them, while others will be gleeful at the chance to finally reach the Super Bowl. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for July 2018!!!

wooohooooo!

i cannot believe we get preseason games beginning next month!

they may not be ready but i am! Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

So looking forward to training camp starting.   Hoping for no injuries to my favorites this year. (I guess that's every fans dream)  Can't wait to see JJ Watt back out on the field.  Here we go STEELERS!

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

So looking forward to training camp starting.   Hoping for no injuries to my favorites this year. (I guess that's every fans dream)  Can't wait to see JJ Watt back out on the field.  Here we go STEELERS!

@brandiwine

I agree hope JJ Watt can stay healthy!!!  Even though I'm a Redskin fan....I love JJ!!! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So is everyone holding their breath waitin for T.O.'s 
"big announcement" regarding his HOF plans.. animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif (sarcasm).......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

"big announcement" regarding his HOF plans.. animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif (sarcasm).......

Poor T.O. He's about to discover the world doesn't revolve around him. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Poor T.O. He's about to discover the world doesn't revolve around him. 

@gardenman

I wonder how many people will show up....or if he will have to pay people to show up at his event.....SMH

Owens announced that he will head back to his alma mater while the rest of this year’s class gathers in Ohio. Owens will give a speech at the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga’s McKenzie Arena. The public is invited to attend the event free of charge and it will start at 3:17 p.m. on Saturday, August 4.  The rest of this year’s Hall of Fame class will deliver their speeches at a ceremony taking place at 7 p.m. on August 4.

I will be watching the rest of the Hall Of Fame class!!! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Happy July Fourth! It's going to be a hot one today; temperatures around 90 and high humidity. 

The suspensions are staring in the NFL. 

Reuben Foster has been supended two games because of a drug -related incident and weapons charge earlier. 

Packers player Aaron Jones suspended two games because of a marijuana charge. 

Rams Jamon Brown suspended two games substance abuse. 

Colts RB Robert Turbin's suspension was mentioned in another post. 

Julius Edelman has appealed his four game suspension. Don't know how that will turn out. 

The way things are going, there might be even more coming up.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, Gregg Rosenthal wrote that Washington's offense will rise with Alex Smith.  He thinks that Smith will add much.  In the article, Jay Gruden says that the team has "more firepower." Not that they weren't talented before, but Gruden has a lot of confidence in the players they have now. The other players like working with Alex Smith. All sounds good for the Redskins; maybe Andy Reid made a mistake in releasing Smith. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

I think the reason the Redskins waffled on Kirk Cousins was the fact, that he did some things really well, he was young and can learn and grow.....but on the other hand there were things that he didn't do well, and he didn't carry out some of the plays and follow the game plan, he free lanced when it wasn't wise to free lance, and didn't quite deliver in big games.  And I thing he frustrated Jay Gruden. And there was a report that Kirk wasn't much of a leader in the locker room, and there was in-fighting and bickering with Kirk pointing the finger at certain players and other players pointing the finger at him....NOT GOOD!!!

There are compliments all around regarding Alex Smith's leadership....I just hope our O line can stay healthy, as well as WR Doctson and TE Reed....Our talent may not  be equal to what the Chiefs had....And then there's Alex's age...which means the Redskins will be repeating the QB exercise in a couple of years ONCE AGAIN....But Im waiting to see Alex and the offense in action what I heard so far is very good, but OTAs and minicamps are far different from games. But the Redskins might be pleasantly surprised at what they got in Alex Smith....hope so! HTTR!!!  Jeopary host Alex Trebeck is a Redskin fan and predicting a good year Woman Very Happy

That was nice of that person that found Andrew Luck's wallet returned it to the practice facility.....

What was your favorite move your new GM made in the offseason....???

Now they are coming out and saying that Irsay as urged to draft Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning....I bet all the Colt fans are glad that didn't take place.....WHEW!!!

So did the weather cool off in Indianapolis?  We got some much needed rain here....it ruined the 4th of July fireworks for the city and the amusement parks etc, but gee we sure needed it.....