Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for July 2017!!!

Happy July Fourth! Having pizza today instead of BBQ.

Gardenman, thanks for the explanation how the NFL handles healthcare.  Also, i wouldn't want to be in charge of NBA cap space and salaries.

Soon, the NFL preseason starts. Getting excited. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Super Contributor

Hi ROSIE and everyone, and Happy 4th to all of you.  I can do without the firecrackers though.

Can't believe the summer is going by so fast - training camp coming up soon.  Is it too soon to say Goooo Cowboys - LOL!

Honored Contributor

It's never too soon to root for your team! 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Hi there G-Man - just have to be careful and not jinx them!!

Honored Contributor

Hi back, txblond. It's never too early to jinx the Cowboys!

I'm watching the new season of "All or Nothing" on Amazon Prime and Amazon and NFL Films do a great job of covering last year's Rams.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

"It's never too early to jinx the Cowboys"

HAHA

Very funny gardenman..

Hey there Blondie.  No it's never too early to say "GOOOO COWBOYS"

Seems like it's been forever since our paths have crossed, although

I didn't check in here much last season - seemed like the more I

stayed away from the Q board, the more we won.  A stupid superstitious

thing from a very non-superstitious person.  Football turns me into

a person a don't recognize. LOL 

GOOOO COWBOYS!!

Respected Contributor

64 days!!!!Image result for detroit lions logo

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Super Contributor

Yeah G-Man - that was very funny (NOT).  Ha! Ha!

I didn't get on the board much last season either ROSIE.  Looking forward to this year and going all the way this time.  Gotta figure out how to get Aaron Rogers on the sideline.  He seems to be our nemesis

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Txblond wrote:

Hi there G-Man - just have to be careful and not jinx them!!

@Txblond

Well the jinx is here....Woman LOL..........Oh Oh Elliott may get suspended...........see I think it's working...............I think I jinxed my own team too.........doesnt look very good for my team to get Cousins signed to a long term deal..........Woman Frustrated

@teganslaw

Yep Tegan, just thinking about the NBA salary cap gives me a headache.....

I  heard an interview about the Colts, they interviewed Jim Mora---- I didnt realize the bad feelings and bad relationship that Jim Mora had with Polian ........Polian told him to fire Vic Fangio or Mora would be fired...and Mora thought Fangio was a good coach, and was Mora's friend too, he said he wouldnt fire him, .......so they all had a talk with Irsay and Mora got fired......WOW!!!  Is that correct?.....And I guess Dungy took over and the rest is history!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Word out of SF is that the Redskins won't let Kirk Cousins leave Washington at any cost. Supposedly Dan Snyder has decreed that he'll pay whatever it takes to keep Shanahan and Cousins separated. That means Cousins will likely play this year for the $24+ million and then be tagged again next year, likely the transition tag at $28.7 million. He's going to be a pretty pricey guy for the Redskins. 

I still think the smartest move for the Redskins is to trade Cousins to the Niners to get back the Niners first round pick for next year and then use that pick to move up and get the young QB of their choice, but Snyder seems to have decided to keep Cousins no matter the cost.

As for the Cowboys, in addition to the Ezekiel Elliot issue, they've had a linebacker get arrested,  another defensive lineman get supended, Dak Prescott may be in trouble for using an autopen to sign autographs, Darren McFadden's family members got shot, and more. It's not been a great month for the Cowboys. They need to get to camp before more trouble breaks out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!