Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for July 2017!!!

I was surprised the numbers worked out that well. It was just one of those weird thoughts that pop into my head from time to time, and a few seconds with the calculator and Google got an answer that was eerily close to what Cousins will likely get.

The world around us is filled with mysteries and clues to the future. (Now watch Cousins sign with the Jets next year. Ah well.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I was surprised the numbers worked out that well. It was just one of those weird thoughts that pop into my head from time to time, and a few seconds with the calculator and Google got an answer that was eerily close to what Cousins will likely get.

The world around us is filled with mysteries and clues to the future. (Now watch Cousins sign with the Jets next year. Ah well.)

@gardenman

Here's another math problem for you:

Image result for math makes me cry meme

Even if all the banks in NYC emptied their vaults, I doubt if Kirk (with a "K") would sign with the J*E*T*S---JETS JETS JETS!!!!!  

Oh Oh.....I hope this is not an omen for the Eagles, the NFL Network was going to provide extensive coverage and interviews but training camp was canceled to the public due to bad weather.......Likewise I hope your offense under Wentz doesn't fail to show up during the regular season...."Dry Eagles Dry!".....Woman WinkWoman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The good news out of the Eagles camp is that the new wide receivers are looking great. The question is though, are they that good, or are our DB's that bad?

Our one rookie receiver is still dropping way, way too many passes. Shelton Gibson's a big, fast guy who can make amazing over the shoulder catches, but he can't catch worth a lick on anything in front of him. I haven't really seen that problem before, but he's remarkably consistent. I'm thinking he might have a depth perception issue of some sort. It's easier to track an over the shoulder pass that you're looking up for than one coming right at you if you have a depth perception issue. I suspect a visit to a sports ophthalmologist is in the near future for him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not so good news----

WR James Crowder held out of practice yesterday----tightnessin his hamstring.........and RB Keith Marshall was carted off the field with a knee injury and will  undergo further evaluation, he was out last season with torn ACL---NOT GOOD!

On the good side 

WR Josh Doctson fooled corner Josh Norman to break wide open for a long touchdown catch. And then Doctson's made a one-handed grab over corner Dashaun Phillips in a one-on-one drill. Doctson jumped and reached back over Phillips and caught the pass with his right hand.

Rookie LB Ryan Anderson continues to impress he controlled fellow rookie RB Jeremey Sprinkles and forced the run inside to waiting defenders! 

IN OTHER NFL NEWS---

Odell Beckham is a crybaby......just bemoaning that NFL starters are making less than NBA players...

“You want to change the game,” Beckham said. “You watch people in the NBA, and it’s crazy what they get. There are people in the NFL who deserve that. I just to be at the forefront, help push the league, the game that way, because I feel like the players deserve it.”

The problem for Beckham, however, is that NFL players are slicing the pie in smaller pieces. The New York Giants’ total payroll is greater than the Golden State Warriors’ total payroll, but the Giants are splitting their pay among 53 players, while the Warriors are splitting their pay among 15 players.

DREAM ON ODELL DREAM ON!!! Or learn to play some hoops............

Decision on Zeke Elliott decision is coming soon and Jerry Jones says, "everything is in place"..........

Raiders hopes to go far in the playoffs could be dashed it they don't get LT Donald Penn re-signed ..............  the Raiders are going to need to rely on their offense and especially the line to protect Carr..............

@teganslaw

Saw an interview with Andrew Luck and there is uncertainty whether or not he will be reay for the start of the regular season.........of course all this talk could be just taking it slow and cautious.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

That final roster for the Cowboys will be interesting to see. With the suspended players and guys who get dinged, they could have five to ten guys who can't play in those first few games with a good number of them being starters. Sorting out the roster is always a challenge and it's going to be a huge challenge for the Cowboys.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

That final roster for the Cowboys will be interesting to see. With the suspended players and guys who get dinged, they could have five to ten guys who can't play in those first few games with a good number of them being starters. Sorting out the roster is always a challenge and it's going to be a huge challenge for the Cowboys.

@gardenman

Ya know GARDENMAN, I have the feeling that some behind the scenes conversations will take place between Jerry Jones and the Commish, and I have feeling the NFL will let Zeke Elliott off the hook with a stern warning. Woman Frustrated

And an update on RB Keith Marshall  out for 2nd season with patella tendon tear--(this guy's days in the NFL  are done! ---JMHO)

Trusted Contributor

I'm more worried about injuries happening than I am suspended players.

As for the challenges, I think the Cowboys will be just fine -

I say optimistically.

Went and got a new killer TV yesterday.  Out of stock so will pick up Thurs

just in time for HOF game.  Nope, didn't "need" it, but it's

going to be awesome. My final step for football preparation.

I am now ready.....bring it on.!!!

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

I'm more worried about injuries happening than I am suspended players.

As for the challenges, I think the Cowboys will be just fine -

I say optimistically.

Went and got a new killer TV yesterday.  Out of stock so will pick up Thurs

just in time for HOF game.  Nope, didn't "need" it, but it's

going to be awesome. My final step for football preparation.

I am now ready.....bring it on.!!!

@yellowrose

Congrats! Enjoy your new TV and the HOF game---Woman Very Happy

My sister asked if I wanted to go to an event with some mutual friends she was going to buy tickets and I could pay her later....so I said sure, the event wasn't until October......Then she tells me the other day, who are you going to sell or give your ticket to....and I said "why would I want to do that", she said have you checked out that date....I said I assumed it was on a Saturday night......nope it's on a Sunday afternoon....and she said guess what game is on.....Redskins/Cowboys!!!!.....so I told her....."yes, who will I sell or give that ticket too, because I'm not the heck going and miss that game" ....."or any Redskin game for that matter!" Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I also got a new HDTV for the football season. I got the 55" 4k Fire TV on Amazon Prime Day. I'm loving that TV. I was able to pick my schedule when I started my new job in March and I opted for Sundays and Thursdays off for the NFL games. My Mondays end at 8:00 PM so I'll have time to see those games too. I do enjoy the NFL.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

Enjoy your new TV. And I am so glad your schedule at work accomodated the NFL football season so nicely Woman Very Happy  

@sunshine45

I am so so sorry.....I guess someone on the Ravens staff must've been reading this Forum , I think I gave the Ravens the idea because what did I just read, that the Ravens are considering signing RGIII---Good Luck if you sign him!