Trusted Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for July 2017!!!

Zeke should be suspended!!!!  So far he's pulled a womans top down and

he was stopped for driving 100 mph on the freeway, not so unusual in Texas,

but he must know all eyes are on him, and he's hurting my team.

We don't know yet

if he was the involved in giving a guy a broken nose in a bar, and he

hasn't been charged with the abuse case.  But for two out of 4, so far,

Jerry Jones shouldn't wait for the NFL to hand down a suspension, HE

should give Zeke a suspension, NOW!!!  But instead he's talking

about Zeke's maturity level.  Oh Come On Jerry, as the saying goes

"I sold my cow I don't need your bull"  This is a grown man and you're

not his daddy!

I don't know if Zeke was cuddled in college or what, but the only way

he's going to learn a lesson is to hit him where it hurts - Suspend him!!

I just have no sympathy for these players who take a chance of a lifetime

and abuse it.  Wearing that Star better mean sometime to you or get the

heck out.  I just wish Jerry felt that way.  Ok, rant over.

I like your hunch yellowbeetle, I wish I shared it.  Can't get to the SB

unless you're successful in the playsoffs, and thats where we have

fallen short.  But hey it's a new season, anything is possible.

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@gardenman

Love predicting early who will win the Super Bowl! Have never been right but it is still fun!

I know as an Eagles fan I should not make this prediction but my hunch is that it will be the ....

Cowboys vs. Raiders, with the Cowboys winning!

But as you so rightly said, there are lots of really good prospects this year. I just hope the Patriots are not in it yet again. Have nothing against them personally, but just think it is more fun to have some "new" faces!! Of course the Cowboys have won it five times but not for awhile! 

@yellowBeetle @gardenman @teganslaw

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NO COWBOYS!!!---you just don't know what a Pandora's Box you'd open  ---  Jerry Jones's arrogrance wouldnt fit in the huge state of Texas!!!  Woman LOLWoman Wink

I wouldnt mind seeing the Raiders in the Super Bowl, especially for the poor Oakland fans that will be losing  their team in a couple of years to Vegas....And I concur I don't want to see the same teams dominate---to me it's boring, and we have gotten a glimpse of it with the NBA ----why even watch the NBA regular season anymore, just give the trophy to the Golden State Warriors...........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   With my Spurs not signing any big free agents, looks like even they've thrown in the towel......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I think the Cowboys got weaker this off-season instead of stronger. They lost two starting offensive linemen. Most of their secondary is gone. Their d-line wasn't great last year and looks about the same this year. Written and Dez are getting up there in years. Big roster turnover is generally a bad thing and the Cowboys have the second biggest roster turnover, only eclipsed by the Niners.

Replacing one or two starters a year can be challenging, replacing nine is a big challenge. Then you've also got to fill out the depth. With a finite number of draft picks and relatively little cap space to find free agents, the Cowboys have to get very lucky this year. They can't afford injuries, or a bad pick/signing. They've pretty much got to win the lottery to make the Super Bowl this year. 

They've got some really good players, but I'm not sure they have a team, and football is a team sport. Keep most of the roster intact and your players can slide back into their roles and know what the guys around them are doing. Swapping out nine starters leads to lots of uncertainty and indecision. For most teams roster churn happens with the backups and practice squad guys who don't step up and challenge for a starting job. The Cowboys lost nine starters and you just don't see that work out well for most teams.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

While the Cousins situation makes me SAD AND MAD...........here's one that makes me smile....it seems Zeke Elliott is in trouble again.........having become involved in a "bar incident"......this after he's already being considered for a suspension by the league.....While he may be talented but he is also just STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, and looks like he may be throwing a stellar career away this early in his NFL time...........

Boy a lot of Cowboys are in trouble and you wonder what will happen with these suspensions. and the impact on their season.................talk about shooting yourself in the foot, but i think that is just the atmosphere that Jerry Jones creates and which surrounds his team off the field and at "THE STAR" in Frisco, TX..............Jason Garrett is little more than a puppet coach! Jerry makes Snyder look good---LOL!

Total agreement here, @Spurt.  It is the atmosphere that JJ sets that his players breathe off of.  Someone in a previous post likened back to Michael Irvin and his now famous, "Don't you know who I am" quote.

Adding fuel to the fire for EE, he is a Suckeye errrrr  Buckeye alum !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

Well, Zeke's bar incident story is over.  No charges.

But I stand by my previous post. He needs to be suspended.

We just go with the players we have and hope for the best.

Part of me just wants to stick my head in the sand, but I won't.

August 1st. I'll put out my Cowboy flags, my dogs new yearly

Cowboy collar has arrived (I'm pretty sure I saw him smile) , later in August

my son in law is taking me to The Star for the Cowboys mini camp

I'm super excited.

No I don't predict Dallas in the SB, But I LOVE Football and I LOVE

my team.  Time is almost here.  I'm Super Excited!!!!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We've got training camps opening up now. The fun stuff now starts. Rookies will rise, some vets will fade, and a few unknowns will emerge. Teams start to relax a bit with players back with the team on a daily basis. There's less opportunity for them to get into trouble now.

Some teams go into camp knowing they've got a solid roster with good depth at every spot. Other teams are coming off OTA's where they learned that they missed on their draft/free agent signings and they're in trouble. 

Some teams to watch this year are the Saints and Colts. Both teams showed little confidence in their head coach, but kept him anyway. The Saints offered to trade Sean Payton three times (Rams, Niners, Colts) so they aren't exactly backing him one hundred percent. The Colts looked into trading for Sean Payton, so they aren't backing Pagano one hundred percent. How will the players respond? Will they really around the coach, or assume he's a dead man walking and try to preserve themselves? The difference between winning and losing is slim, and confidence in the coach can be a factor in that equation.

The Jets are a train wreck that looks to be tanking the season to get that first overall pick next year. That's bad news for Todd Bowles, their head coach. He went 10-6 his first year then 5-11 last year, and likely worse this year. None of that looks great on a resume. His future as an NFL head coach does not look promising, largely through no fault of his own. He's got a team without a quarterback and you just don't win without a QB.

From here on out injuries are the big threat to teams. They're also the big opportunity for guys like Kaepernick who are still without a team. Every team has that list of players who are still available, and an injury or two can take a guy from the street to being a starter. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

JMO - Kaepernick needs to Go Away!

Dez gave a kickoff bbq party for his home town of Lufkin, Tx.

Free Food, Dez posing for pictures with fans,

Sounds fun.

Not too far of a drive for me. I would had crashed that party

if only I had known about it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

JMO - Kaepernick needs to Go Away!

Dez gave a kickoff bbq party for his home town of Lufkin, Tx.

Free Food, Dez posing for pictures with fans,

Sounds fun.

Not too far of a drive for me. I would had crashed that party

if only I had known about it.  Smiley Happy

@yellowrose

YELLOWROSE I gave you a heart for your first sentence ---KAEPERNICK NEEDS TO GO AWAY!!! Yep, he definitely does!!!!!  

And not to leave @gardenman  out of the loop regarding players that are troublemakers,,,,when Kaepernick starts getting advise from that scumbag MV (and I won't even give him a name just initials) you know your in trouble! 

BTW YELLOWROSE---Regarding Dez and his wonderful BBQ Party is Dez still banned from the malls, and can he now go shopping???.......Woman WinkWoman LOL

My feline is a traitor!!!.....She went for a teamswith a feline mascot, (blood is thicker than water ya know).........Figaro is a Bengal fan, she's a diva and has the same kind of attitude as the Bengals defense---LOL!!! She has a BENGAL TIGER on her collar. Her sister, is neutral on NFL teams, she has a very sweet personality.....I think she's more of a Spurs fan....Cat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

While the Cousins situation makes me SAD AND MAD...........here's one that makes me smile....it seems Zeke Elliott is in trouble again.........having become involved in a "bar incident"......this after he's already being considered for a suspension by the league.....While he may be talented but he is also just STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, and looks like he may be throwing a stellar career away this early in his NFL time...........

Boy a lot of Cowboys are in trouble and you wonder what will happen with these suspensions. and the impact on their season.................talk about shooting yourself in the foot, but i think that is just the atmosphere that Jerry Jones creates and which surrounds his team off the field and at "THE STAR" in Frisco, TX..............Jason Garrett is little more than a puppet coach! Jerry makes Snyder look good---LOL!

Total agreement here, @Spurt.  It is the atmosphere that JJ sets that his players breathe off of.  Someone in a previous post likened back to Michael Irvin and his now famous, "Don't you know who I am" quote.

Adding fuel to the fire for EE, he is a Suckeye errrrr  Buckeye alum !!!

@redwingsgal

Hey REDWINGSGAL!  It was me that brought up those "Cowboy glory days" with Michael Irvin......and his problems continued when he got fired from ESPN, and I just can't believe that the NFL Network gave him a job!!!!????????????  He's not even a decent commentator!!!! Wonders never cease!!!

I see that Michigan/Ohio rivalry coming out in your post!! (Im a bit neutral when it comes to this rivalry---but those games were always fun to watch, and Harbaugh certainly has put the fun back in Michigan) Well at least my Redskin QB (temporary QB it seems) is a Michigan State alumni Woman Wink so he went to the right state..Woman LOL......maybe EE's choice put him on the wrong path....one of the sports analyst said there were some incidents at Ohio State when NFL teams were doing their evaluations.....but Jerrah and his philosophy "boys will be boys" seems to ignore such warning signs when drafting players..............EE may be cleared as far as the police, but they said the NFL will do some further investigation into this matter (it appears EE got the OK, because the police couldnt find anyone that would talk about the incident), but since Zeke is under scrutiny the NFL will pursue but you know how slow the NFL is about these investigations.....

Honored Contributor

@gardenman

I suspect Dak will come down to earth a bit in his sophomore year...especially now that defensive coaches have a year of film on him.............and especially if Zeke gets a couple game suspensions that may be the difference in the NFC East for the division and/or wildcard............

@yellowrose  And as a person Dak does seem llike a nice guy and mature young man....unlike his runningback!