Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for February 2018!!!

@teganslaw

I think both Reich and Defillippo would leave the Eagles for the right opportunity. Both have been offensive coordinators in the recent past and would like to be head coaches. The Eagles might try to keep both guys with a pay bump, but they're prepared to lose them also. At last count, I think we had seven QB coaches in total. Defillippo is officially the QB coach, but we've got lots of other guys in reserve. The Eagles really believe in coaching up the QB's. Doug Pederson does the play-calling, so there shouldn't be a huge falloff if Reich goes.

The Eagles built depth into the coaching staff and appear to be planning to promote from within if/when they lose a coach. I'm not sure they'd let Reich steal coaches from the staff to fill out his staff, but the Eagles are well prepared should they lose a guy or two.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought this was rather interesting the 2017 average attendance by team...............

https://www.statista.com/statistics/283897/national-football-league-teams-ranked-by-average-attendan...

Cleveland got a bit of bump up because they were considered the "home team" for the game in London which had an attendance of 74,237...........Attendance has not been this low in Cleveland since 1999. 

Of course it depends on the size of the stadium and certainly Jerrah has the largest stadium....and sadly the capacity for the Chargers in an old soccer stadium is 25,535...poor Chargers they are waiting for that big brand new stadium they will share with the Rams but wont open until 2020.......

I'm shocked that the Redskins attendance is that high.......of course in some games, fans of the opponents bought the tickets ....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

The Bears interviewed Josh McDaniels but they said they chose Nagy because they felt McDaniels seemed apprehensive about leaving the Patriots.  What's ironic is the Colts were also interested in Nagy, but the Bears jumped fast and hired him as soon as the Chiefs were out of the playoffs............. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The Niners have reached an agreement with Garoppolo for five years at $137.5 million. That's not bad money. The next big deal will likely be Kirk Cousins' deal. The Vikings will likely sign one or more of their three quarterbacks, but not for anything like that kind of money.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

San Francisco has confidence in Garappolo to offer him that much money. They must feel that he is the future for the team. If he continues to play like he did last season, it will be worthwhile. 

I wonder why Ballard couldn't pick up on McDaniel's apprehension when the Bears did? Maybe Ballard is new to this; I think he's learned something. Not all the Colts fans were OK with McDaniels possibly going to Indy. Most wanted him, but a handful  didn't trust the deal to go through.. They turned out to be right. 

I think that Reich or Defillippo would be a good choice for Indy. I like what they've done in Philly. I don't know much about Campbell, not sure about Frazier. Have to see how the interviews all work out. 

I know of some people who cancelled their season tickets because of the Colts bad showing. That was part of the reason for their lower attendance. I'm kind of surprised that the Jets had high attendance. They haven't done much lately.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

I think I read that McDaniels really sold himself to the Colts and assured them that he would be a hundred percent committed to the Colts. He's jerked around a few teams previously, so the teams interviewing him this year were a bit nervous about him, but he really sold himself to the Colts and made them all kinds of promises, that he's now broken. He won't get many more opportunities to interview. He's pretty much burned every bridge.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

The Niners have reached an agreement with Garoppolo for five years at $137.5 million. That's not bad money. The next big deal will likely be Kirk Cousins' deal. The Vikings will likely sign one or more of their three quarterbacks, but not for anything like that kind of money.

@gardenman

Somewhere Kirk Cousins is smilin thinking what he will get...........and no way the franchise tag or transition tag would work with Kirk getting only a 1 yr deal if he signed either tag with the type of money he's going to want.....

Honored Contributor

wrote:

San Francisco has confidence in Garappolo to offer him that much money. They must feel that he is the future for the team. If he continues to play like he did last season, it will be worthwhile. 

I wonder why Ballard couldn't pick up on McDaniel's apprehension when the Bears did? Maybe Ballard is new to this; I think he's learned something. Not all the Colts fans were OK with McDaniels possibly going to Indy. Most wanted him, but a handful  didn't trust the deal to go through.. They turned out to be right. 

I think that Reich or Defillippo would be a good choice for Indy. I like what they've done in Philly. I don't know much about Campbell, not sure about Frazier. Have to see how the interviews all work out. 

I know of some people who cancelled their season tickets because of the Colts bad showing. That was part of the reason for their lower attendance. I'm kind of surprised that the Jets had high attendance. They haven't done much lately.

@teganslaw

That is so funny about the attendance and comparing the Jets and the Giants....and the Jets despite their long time agonizing history their last super bowl was 1968....and here the Giants won 4 super bowls yet the Jets have a slightly higher attendance record--LOL.  Wait until I tell my sister Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@gardenman

Somewhere Kirk Cousins is smilin thinking what he will get...........and no way the franchise tag or transition tag would work with Kirk getting only a 1 yr deal if he signed either tag with the type of money he's going to want.....

It'll be interesting to see what happens between now and the start of free agency. A few of the QB needy teams might fall in love with a kid in the draft and take themselves out of the bidding war for Cousins. Others might trade for a guy like Nick Foles, or AJ McCarron. Cousins could find himself signing for less than Garoppolo if things break wrong for him. The Vikings will likely resign one or more of their guys taking them out of the bidding war. Both Foles and McCarron are lower priced options who could deliver similar production to Cousins. Right now it looks like Cousins has the market by the throat, but every team knows he can only sign with one of them, so they'll have backup plans in place. Sometimes those backup plans look better and better the more you look at them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It looks like John Defillippo has been hired by the Vikings, so we need a new QB coach. Frank Reich might also get hired by the Colts, so we could need a new offensive coordinator too.

In an interesting twist, the Eagles staged a fake walkthrough the day before the game, suspecting the Patriots would be watching in some way, so the walkthrough featured none of the plays the Eagles planned to use. The real walkthrough took place the week before back in Philly. That might help explain how the Eagles were able to put up 41 points on the Patriots. The Patriots were expecting one thing, and the Eagles delivered something else.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!