Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for August 2022!!!

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks have a QB in waiting in San Fran and just need to wait for the Niners to finally stop holding Jimmy G hostage. What the Niners are doing with the kid is really tacky. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Patriots Pre-season game! Got my pizza, my Mai-Tai, my Mac jersey ... let's gooooo!! 🏈 🏈🥳

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

None of the starters will play against Detroit. Nick Foles will probably start the first quarter, then Ehlinger. 

Reich has said that Leonard won't be 100% when he returns, and no timetable has been set. Leonard is better, but it's a long rehab process.

I watched the Bears and Seahawks game. Justin Fields didn't play long, and Trevor Siemian did OK. The Bears still have issues, but played better than Seattle. 

Geno Smith was bad. Jacob Eason was better, but Seattle has a QB problem. Drew Lock needs to play well when he returns or this will be a long season for the Seahawks. 

@teganslaw 

I started watching that game and Justin Fields didnt get very good protection from his o-line but even with backups playing they were still able to score.  And as you said, the Seahawks played poorly, in fact I swtched to the Raiders/Viking game---that was a pretty entertaining game----

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@JFD12 wrote:

Patriots Pre-season game! Got my pizza, my Mai-Tai, my Mac jersey ... let's gooooo!! 🏈 🏈🥳

@JFD12 

Enjoy your game! 😁🏈

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks have a QB in waiting in San Fran and just need to wait for the Niners to finally stop holding Jimmy G hostage. What the Niners are doing with the kid is really tacky. 

@gardenman 

Poor Jimmy G not very nice of the 49ers....I hope FAs remember this and avoid the Niners!

Honored Contributor

The Niners are saying they'll be happy to keep Jimmy G on the roster. Uh, yeah, sure they will. They aren't letting him practice with the team. Haven't given him a playbook. Won't let him attend team meetings. And are just holding him hostage. It's absurdly tacky on their part. If you want him on the team, treat him like a teammate. Give him a playbook. Let him practice. Let him attend team meetings. Make him part of the team. They're not doing that. They're just trying to keep him away from Seattle. It's dumb. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles looked good yesterday against the Browns with the Eagles reportedly winning the combined practices. Second-year running back Kenneth Gainwell, who everyone was expecting to take a step forward has slipped a bit instead. He may not make the final roster at this point. Running backs are kind of a dime a dozen in the NFL and easily replaced. He's not doing a lot to make it hard to replace him. He needs to step up his game. Boston Scott has zipped past him into the RB 2 slot and Jason Huntley and Kennedy Brooks are getting closer to RB 3. And Jordan Howard is still out there as a free agent and available. (Though likely not to be signed until after week one so his full year's salary won't be guaranteed.)

I don't know if Kenny is dinged, or has some other issue, but he's not looking all that safe right now. He needs to step up his game. You see that pretty much every year. A kid who played well in year one slips in year two. I don't know if they assume they're safe or if they get distracted, but it's not uncommon. He needs to get his head back in the game if he's to make the roster.

Amari Cooper made a few plays in practice and looks good as a Brown. The Cowboys trading him for a fifth-round pick might be the steal of the year for the Browns. I understand why JJ made the move, but he could have, maybe should have, held out for a better price. Cooper's "Dak's a black Kirk Cousins" statement killed him for the Cowboys, but he still had value. More value than a fifth-round pick. And what Cooper said publicly, a lot of his teammates are probably saying privately. That could explain some of the personnel moves the Cowboys made this year. Flush the malcontents. The problem is they also flushed a lot of talented players.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Broncos' defense is sleepwalking so far. They appear to be very unmotivated. Slow off the snap. No energy. That Broncos DC needs to have a screaming fit at them to wake them up. You don't want players to get in bad habits, and loafing on the field is a very, very bad habit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Broncos have a new DC this year, and he doesn't have his guys ready today. They are as flat a defense as you'll see. He may not be a DC for long at this rate. You need to play defense with energy and emotion and they've got neither. It's not a good look. If this continues into the regular season, Russell Wilson will need to put up forty points each week to have a chance. You'd expect your veteran players to be bringing the energy, but there is no spark at all. They are flat.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Entertaining game today: Lions-27 Colts 26.  Sam Ehlinger is playing well, two touchdowns in the past two games. 136 yards today.

Michael Strachan was impressive in his first game back from injury. Dezmon Patmon had over 100 yards. The Colts didn't  stop the run very well, although there were some sacks and an interception.

The Lions have some talented players. I wouldn't say that they're playoff bound, but they could end up with a decent record. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain