Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for August 2022!!!

I didn't think that Watson would be suspended for a year. Half the season and a 5 million dollar fine is better than 6 games.

The first team Watson faces after his suspension is Houston at their city. Coincidence, or maybe the suspension was planned that way. No matter, it will probably be getting plenty of publicity. Should be interesting to see the Texans fans reaction. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Watson's statements today didn't help him any. He really is a knucklehead.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw @gardenman 

Yep, a half of a "donkey's rear" apology but he still claimed innocence????

Ya know TEGANSLAW and GARDENMAN, JJ Watt was the face of that franchise....a much loved player in the NFL and especially the State of Texas with all he did in the community, especially during/after Hurricane Harvey...He suffered injury issues and the franchise just wasnt the same, and then Watt left for Arizona because he knew the Texans future looked dismal. The Texans fell off the radar....There was a time that even Watson asked for a trade which was 2 months before the first woman came forward......hmmmmm interesting ....did he know what was about to EXPLODE in the news????

Even though in Texas football is KING, the Texans havent got much attention overall in the State since JJ Watt left----it's been the Cowboys, college football with Texas A&M, Texas Longhorns, and even Houston University got some national recognition, but the national media has ignored the Texans pretty much, except for the Watson scandal of course ..Even though San Antonio is 2 hours away we get ZERO NFL Texans news coverage, except for the scandal, people just dont care about the Texans here ....the Texan players havent even visited our city in many years to try to drum up support like they used to....But the Cowboys still do 🙄....

..BUT the people of Houston still very much support their NFL team and Watson won't be receiving a very warm welcome in H Town!  And they can get pretty rough and rowdy.....we know how the Houstonians can get--our NBA teams are rivals....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'm watching the NFL Countdown on ESPN for TNF pregame, I have to give him credit RGIII is pretty good---I wish him luck in his broadcasting career

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  I always liked RGIII.  I saw him get drafted.  So far, he seems like a real gentleman.  I like to hear him on the air, too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Another day of combined practice for the Eagles against the Browns. Things went pretty well yesterday with Jalen Hurts and Devonta Smith dominating. The Eagles' o-line more than held their own against the Browns' rushers. Not much info on how the defense did as they were on a farther away field and not observed as much by the media.

Daniel Jones has a scar on the front of his neck from offseason neck surgery of some sort. He's not talking about it much other than to say it wasn't football related. It's an interesting spot for a scar. It's on the front of his neck (away from the bony, structural parts) and just above his sternum. It looks like a thyroid surgery type of scar to me. Either that or a tracheotomy, and tracheotomy scars are often more vertical than horizontal. His scar is horizontal. Interesting. If he's had part or all of his thyroid removed, then they're likely still trying to balance out his thyroid hormones. I'm not sure we've seen that in a pro football player before.

Three more games tonight. The Panthers/Patriots, Saints/Packers, and Texans/Rams. Then lots of games tomorrow and Sunday. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Spurt  I always liked RGIII.  I saw him get drafted.  So far, he seems like a real gentleman.  I like to hear him on the air, too.

@Patriot3 

When he first came on the scene I thought we got our franchise QB that could turn this franchise around BUT then his ego showed up, he didnt listen to the coaches about playing while injured, he cried to the owner, and created more dysfunctional drama for the team. that's when I "jumped ship" on supporting him....He should have listened to his coaches---he played hurt and was never the same....and moved on to other teams...short career....had so much potential, but it looks like he may have found his niche in broadcasting

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey folks its Friday---here's a chuckle----

Washington players and a baby---several fans commented that its a good thing GIBSON isnt holding the baby.....🤣

FaYlDyIWQAAksX8.jpg

(for those that didnt read my earlier post---Gibson is "the fumbler).......

@gardenman 

Also, here's a sign Wentz must be doing good these last days of camp---no one has mentioned or complained about him....🤣

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw @bikerbabe @teganslaw 

I cant believe this guy said this---obviously he doesn't watch or listen to the media talk about the NFL-----After a discussion how new Washington team President, Jason Wright, keeps botching things up instead of helping create a new culture, (some refer to him as Jason WRONG) this guy on Twitter said:

"The ongoing Jason Wright talk is hilarious…only this fanbase talks everyday about the business president of the team. 95% of NFL fanbases probably don’t know or care who that guy is for them lol"

I just had to make a comment, couldnt help myself---

Sorry as a Redskin fan in Texas I know a fan base that can top Washington as they talk about their Team's Business President DAILY . Although the 2 are cut from the same cloth

Jerry Jones--owner, president, GM--and sometimes coach.......

Esteemed Contributor

None of the starters will play against Detroit. Nick Foles will probably start the first quarter, then Ehlinger. 

Reich has said that Leonard won't be 100% when he returns, and no timetable has been set. Leonard is better, but it's a long rehab process.

I watched the Bears and Seahawks game. Justin Fields didn't play long, and Trevor Siemian did OK. The Bears still have issues, but played better than Seattle. 

Geno Smith was bad. Jacob Eason was better, but Seattle has a QB problem. Drew Lock needs to play well when he returns or this will be a long season for the Seahawks. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain