Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for August 2015!!!!

@teganslaw wrote:

Tough loss for the Steelers, especially since it happened during preseason. I don't know who their back up kicker is.

The team better hope that Roethlisberger stays healthy; their second quarterback, Landry Jones, didn't play well Sunday. If the Steelers have to rely on him, it could be bad news.

It's early, but I have a feeling that the Vikings will do well this season. I can't determine if they're playoff bound, but that team seems to have come together, and with Adrian Peterson back, they will most likely be a force in the NFC North.

@teganslaw  Hi TEGAN, Good QB's and even backup QBs seem to short supply except in college ranks at Ohio State ....LOL!!!!  

I think the Vikes will move up in the NFC North Division, the Pack will win it though, and  the Bears will slide to last place in the Division.....and if Cutler continues to have a bad season what will the Bears do locked into his huge contract!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

Someone on the Colts forum posted that Indy needs to sign IK Enemkpali ASAP. Really? It seems that every time a player is released, there is someone who wants that person to go the Colts. Nevermind what kind of issues they have. I haven't figured out if that person is serious; they seem to be, but it's hard to tell. The last thing the Colts need is a player who fights with other team members. No thanks. There is no word that the Colts are signing him;  this is just someone's idea.

Now Fitzpatrick has the chance to prove himself to the team. Bowles had mentioned that there is no guarantee Smith will keep his job. Interesting to see what will develop with the Jets.

Can you imagine the reaction in Indy if they signed him and he hit Andrew Luck and knocked him out for ten weeks? Yikes! The guy would be lynched!

@gardenman  Gardenman you are going to give TEGANSLAW nightmares!!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The Colts' fans don't ahve to worry about them getting the linebacker Enemkpali any longer. The Bills have claimed him off of waivers. I didn't see that coming.

@gardenman  Hmmmmm sounds like Rex Ryan Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

SPURT. I found it interesting that the Redskins are planning to use RGIII for a quarter or more in the first exhibition game. That's a lot, especially for an injury prone guy. I'm guessing they want to figure out if he'll be their guy before week three of the exhibition season. He'd better be good this week and next, or he could be traded/cut by the end of training camp. It sounds like he's had a good camp so far, but he'd better perform well in the opportunities given to him. That third preseason game is the dress rehearsal for the regular season and whoever starts that game is likely to be the starter. I suspect the Redskins are giving RGIII two weeks of games to show them he deserves the job. If he falls short, someone else is likely to start that third game and be the starter. It'll be interesting to see. His contract guarantees if he's on the roster for opening day if I recall correectly, so they've got a narrow window to figure out if he's their guy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

SPURT. I found it interesting that the Redskins are planning to use RGIII for a quarter or more in the first exhibition game. That's a lot, especially for an injury prone guy. I'm guessing they want to figure out if he'll be their guy before week three of the exhibition season. He'd better be good this week and next, or he could be traded/cut by the end of training camp. It sounds like he's had a good camp so far, but he'd better perform well in the opportunities given to him. That third preseason game is the dress rehearsal for the regular season and whoever starts that game is likely to be the starter. I suspect the Redskins are giving RGIII two weeks of games to show them he deserves the job. If he falls short, someone else is likely to start that third game and be the starter. It'll be interesting to see. His contract guarantees if he's on the roster for opening day if I recall correectly, so they've got a narrow window to figure out if he's their guy.

@gardenman  GARDENMEN--- Now this is JMHO, but I think it speaks volumes, I think Gruden isn't happy on being stuck with RGIII, but he knows the guy needs the repetition and practice, so he's willing to take a chance because Gruden needs to know early in the game whether RGIII is making progress or whether to pull the plug EARLY while the season can still be salvaged and he can game plan for a different QB.........I think Gruden wants Robert to put up or he wants to cut their losses and move quickly on and the narrow window is why Gruden is doing what he's doing...........And your correct about the contract......

Personally I'd rather go with McCoy.......

Honored Contributor

SPURT. It really looks like they're testing RGIII early to see if he's worth keeping.  If he throws two interceptions and doesn't look sharp in that preseason opener, he could be gone pretty quickly. I suspect the Redskins GM McCloughan has already made up a list of possible landing places for RGIII (Texans? Bills? Jets?) and if RGIII implodes, he could be gone quickly. They'll want it all sorted out by that third preseason game, that's for sure. I'm not sure what kind of a price they could get for RGIII, but anything is better than nothing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

wooohoooooo the GAME is back!!!! well, at least the preseason is.....

ravens/saints tonight and it was done in ravens style......won the game in the last few seconds. it was  one of those series of unbelievable plays during the last minute that got them a win. oh well, it was only preseason, but it still felt good!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

wooohoooooo the GAME is back!!!! well, at least the preseason is.....

ravens/saints tonight and it was done in ravens style......won the game in the last few seconds. it was  one of those series of unbelievable plays during the last minute that got them a win. oh well, it was only preseason, but it still felt good!

It's always fun to win, pre-season or not! 

Niles Paul the starting tight end of the Redskins is out for the year with a dislocated ankle. I don't remember a lot of dislocated ankles in the NFL, but now the Redskins have lost RGIII a year or two ago, and Niles Paul now both with dislocated ankles.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

That's bad news for the Redskins: Niles Paul being out for the season. It seems that RG111 had his bad and good points in the game. Washington won, so maybe he will still get more chances. This seems to be a make-or-break year for him.

T.Y. Hilton got a new contract: 65 million for five years, 39 million of it guaranteed. He was the Colts' top priority, so this is good news. I think Hilton is worth it, he has become one of the best players on the team.

I don't know who will be playing Sunday against the Eagles. Luck will probably start, but I don't expect him to play very long. It will be interesting to see if Trent Cole or Herremans get a chance against their former team.

Is Bradford going to start this Sunday or will Kelly have him rest longer? I never know what Kelly has in mind.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

That's bad news for the Redskins: Niles Paul being out for the season. It seems that RG111 had his bad and good points in the game. Washington won, so maybe he will still get more chances. This seems to be a make-or-break year for him.

T.Y. Hilton got a new contract: 65 million for five years, 39 million of it guaranteed. He was the Colts' top priority, so this is good news. I think Hilton is worth it, he has become one of the best players on the team.

I don't know who will be playing Sunday against the Eagles. Luck will probably start, but I don't expect him to play very long. It will be interesting to see if Trent Cole or Herremans get a chance against their former team.

Is Bradford going to start this Sunday or will Kelly have him rest longer? I never know what Kelly has in mind.

Chip's sitting Bradford out this week. He says Sam's healthy and fine, but we have scrimmages against the Ravens next week and Chip wants Sam to get some more time in the offense before he puts him in a live game situation. Mark Sanchez will be in for ten snaps or so then step aside for Matt Barkley and Tim Tebow. I suspect we won't see much of any of the Eagle's starters. Chip knows what they can do and his goal is to have everyone ready for week one. With 90 guys on the roster, most of the starters will be off the field early.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!