Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for August 2015!!!!

The Steelers suffered a critical injury in the Hall of Fame game when their kicker Shaun Suisham went down with a torn ACL. Their stadium is a tough place to kick in and finding a guy nearly as good as Suisham will be a challenge. The AFC North teams are quite evenly matched and a missed field goal here and there could easily be the difference between making and missing the playoffs.

The Eagles lost Jacorey Shepherd to a torn ACL so we're looking around for a new slot cornerback. We've got lots of options on the roster to take the spot, so we'll see what happens there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Tough loss for the Steelers, especially since it happened during preseason. I don't know who their back up kicker is.

The team better hope that Roethlisberger stays healthy; their second quarterback, Landry Jones, didn't play well Sunday. If the Steelers have to rely on him, it could be bad news.

It's early, but I have a feeling that the Vikings will do well this season. I can't determine if they're playoff bound, but that team seems to have come together, and with Adrian Peterson back, they will most likely be a force in the NFC North.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

http://www.jetnation.com/2015/08/11/geno-smith-out-6-10-weeks-broken-jaw/

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

It's not every day you lose a starting quarterback because he gets sucker punched by one of his own linebackers. The Jets are an interesting team. You do everything you can to protect the starting quarterback, but then one of his own guys takes him out in the locker room. Crazy! Now Geno Smith is out six to ten weeks. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The more you hear about the Geno Smith incident the less sense it makes. Geno had agreed to attend a football camp run by the linebacker. Then a good friend of Geno's got killed in a motorcycle accident and his funeral clashed with the football camp. Geno opted to go to the funeral instead of the football camp, but the linebacker had already bought Geno a $600 plane ticket to the camp. Apparently the two couldn't agree on who should pay for the plane ticket and it escalated instead into Geno getting his jaw broken and the linebacker being out of the league. Both are losing a whole lot more than $600 now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Someone on the Colts forum posted that Indy needs to sign IK Enemkpali ASAP. Really? It seems that every time a player is released, there is someone who wants that person to go the Colts. Nevermind what kind of issues they have. I haven't figured out if that person is serious; they seem to be, but it's hard to tell. The last thing the Colts need is a player who fights with other team members. No thanks. There is no word that the Colts are signing him;  this is just someone's idea.

Now Fitzpatrick has the chance to prove himself to the team. Bowles had mentioned that there is no guarantee Smith will keep his job. Interesting to see what will develop with the Jets.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Someone on the Colts forum posted that Indy needs to sign IK Enemkpali ASAP. Really? It seems that every time a player is released, there is someone who wants that person to go the Colts. Nevermind what kind of issues they have. I haven't figured out if that person is serious; they seem to be, but it's hard to tell. The last thing the Colts need is a player who fights with other team members. No thanks. There is no word that the Colts are signing him;  this is just someone's idea.

Now Fitzpatrick has the chance to prove himself to the team. Bowles had mentioned that there is no guarantee Smith will keep his job. Interesting to see what will develop with the Jets.

Can you imagine the reaction in Indy if they signed him and he hit Andrew Luck and knocked him out for ten weeks? Yikes! The guy would be lynched!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Colts' fans don't ahve to worry about them getting the linebacker Enemkpali any longer. The Bills have claimed him off of waivers. I didn't see that coming.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The Steelers suffered a critical injury in the Hall of Fame game when their kicker Shaun Suisham went down with a torn ACL. Their stadium is a tough place to kick in and finding a guy nearly as good as Suisham will be a challenge. The AFC North teams are quite evenly matched and a missed field goal here and there could easily be the difference between making and missing the playoffs.

The Eagles lost Jacorey Shepherd to a torn ACL so we're looking around for a new slot cornerback. We've got lots of options on the roster to take the spot, so we'll see what happens there.

@gardenman  Poor Suisham.....he used to be our kicker 2006-2009.......

TE Logan paulsen might need surgery on his big toe and Jordan Reed is sitting out a hamstring injury.....TE ranks are thinning.....

No DeSean Jackson means more deep-ball opportunities for Pierre Garcon, and he and Griffin have their timing down. Those two connected again today for a long touchdown pass against a starting defensive player. Today it was Duke Iheanacho that Garcon burned to catch a 50-yard pass from Griffin over his shoulder just before he crossed the goal line.

Redskins play Browns on Thursday....Kerrigan will not play, he's been moving and playing well, but team is not taking chances, since he had his knee scoped in off season....

Tight end Niles Paul (shoulder) and guard Brandon Scherff (ankle) both returned to practice after leaving Monday’s session with injuries. Inside linebacker Keenan Robinson, who was evaluated for a head injury, also returned to action Tuesday.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The more you hear about the Geno Smith incident the less sense it makes. Geno had agreed to attend a football camp run by the linebacker. Then a good friend of Geno's got killed in a motorcycle accident and his funeral clashed with the football camp. Geno opted to go to the funeral instead of the football camp, but the linebacker had already bought Geno a $600 plane ticket to the camp. Apparently the two couldn't agree on who should pay for the plane ticket and it escalated instead into Geno getting his jaw broken and the linebacker being out of the league. Both are losing a whole lot more than $600 now.

stupid, stupid stupid.....one is now out of the NFL and chance for a good job and a good salary, and the other is out 6-10 weeks which really hurt the Jets.....

You wonder with all these fights and take downs (Redskins/Texan brawl, Cam Newton and Geno Smith etc if we will soon see the NFL players lining up for fights with Pacquiao or Mayweather in Vegas...LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”