Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2021!!!

[ Edited ]

More info on WFT's pick....

They selected Davis over JOK, JOK is more lightweight than Davis...  

Also they didnt go for OT Darrisaw since they had rated him as only the 4th best lineman in the draft, and quality of options at LB ranked higher on their draft board.... They never thought of moving up to get Justin Fields they appeared to be focused on waiting and addressing other needs, they have plan...(more in the line of what the Chiefs did slowly building the roster and then added Mahomes, and Rivera did work under Andy Reid)....Also, building that top defense to handle the QBs and offenses on the schedule....

@gardenman @yellowBeetle 

The NFL media analysts were talking on a Podcast and they said in the past it was difficult to determine what the Redskins were actually doing ...... and they said now you can see the WFT definitely has a plan in place and it's the Eagles who make you scratch your head and wonder what they are doing 😉😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Also they didnt go for OT Darrisaw since they had rated him as only the 4th best lineman in the draft, and quality of options at LB ranked higher on their draft board.... They never thought of moving up to get Justin Fields they appeared to be focused on waiting and addressing other needs, they have plan...(more in the line of what the Chiefs did slowly building the roster and then added Mahomes, and Rivera did work under Andy Reid)....Also, building that top defense to handle the QBs and offenses on the schedule....

@gardenman @yellowBeetle 

The NFL media analysts were talking on a Podcast and they said in the past it was difficult to determine what the Redskins were actually doing ...... and they said now you can see the WFT definitely has a plan in place and it's the Eagles who make you scratch your head and wonder what they are doing 😉😄

@Spurt 

Well, as much as I have been critical of Howie Roseman, I have to applaud his move last night to trade places with the Cowboys in order to snag Heisman winner WR DeVonta Smith!!😉 If he had not pulled that off, the Giants would have taken Smith. I admit that when WR Jaylen Waddle was taken by Miami with the #6 pick...which would have been the pick by the Eagles prior to March 26...I started to do a slow burn! But thankfully my anger was short-lived, as Howie actually came through and got a top player!!😉

Now as to what Howie will do with the rest of our picks is anyone's guess! But, imo,  reuniting QB Jalen Hurts with his old Alabama teammate DeVonta Smith was a smart move and a very strong vote of confidence and signal that Hurts will be the starter. Owner Jeffrey Lurie put out the word earlier this year that he wanted the team to be built around Jalen Hurts...so by moving up to get the close friend and former teammate of Hurts, speaks volumes! Never thought I would say this, but...kudos to Howie!😉

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts have only one draft pick tonight: #54 second round. They gave up the third draft round when they got Wentz. They might have been looking at Christian Darrisaw if Kwity Paye had gone. According to Ballard, Paye was the highest rated player at that point, so they went with him. 

They still need OT, CB and could still use a WR, and I think they'll go OT tonight. So watch me be wrong. 

I found out that my smart TV can tape a show while while I'm watching something else, so I plan on seeing the draft and taping "The Blacklist." Everything works out. Woman Very Happy

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw  I use to watch "Blacklist"   I really like James Spader.

I was watching when we were trying to figure out if Red was Liz's father,

and that was way back a few seasons.  I don't know how I got away

from watching. I think the guy getting blown up in the cubicle while

Red was watching did me in. I needed a break after that. Woman LOL

Glad you are able to copy.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman @yellowBeetle 

@Spurt 

Well, as much as I have been critical of Howie Roseman, I have to applaud his move last night to trade places with the Cowboys in order to snag Heisman winner WR DeVonta Smith!!😉 If he had not pulled that off, the Giants would have taken Smith. I admit that when WR Jaylen Waddle was taken by Miami with the #6 pick...which would have been the pick by the Eagles prior to March 26...I started to do a slow burn! But thankfully my anger was short-lived, as Howie actually came through and got a top player!!😉

Now as to what Howie will do with the rest of our picks is anyone's guess! But, imo,  reuniting QB Jalen Hurts with his old Alabama teammate DeVonta Smith was a smart move and a very strong vote of confidence and signal that Hurts will be the starter. Owner Jeffrey Lurie put out the word earlier this year that he wanted the team to be built around Jalen Hurts...so by moving up to get the close friend and former teammate of Hurts, speaks volumes! Never thought I would say this, but...kudos to Howie!😉

@yellowBeetle 

Howie might have made some good moves and a good pick in the first round of the draft but overall lets see what happens to the team this year....The NFC East should be interesting...Good Luck!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts have only one draft pick tonight: #54 second round. They gave up the third draft round when they got Wentz. They might have been looking at Christian Darrisaw if Kwity Paye had gone. According to Ballard, Paye was the highest rated player at that point, so they went with him. 

They still need OT, CB and could still use a WR, and I think they'll go OT tonight. So watch me be wrong. 

I found out that my smart TV can tape a show while while I'm watching something else, so I plan on seeing the draft and taping "The Blacklist." Everything works out. Woman Very Happy

@teganslaw 

Glad everything worked out with the draft and your show...We are supposed to have a bad storm, praying my power doesnt go out....

Honored Contributor

And the Eagles pick offensive lineman Landon Dickerson. He's Alabama's center/guard so we're going heavy on Alabama guys. Lots of injuries including a torn ACL in December. He'll have time to get healthy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

And the Eagles pick offensive lineman Landon Dickerson. He's Alabama's center/guard so we're going heavy on Alabama guys. Lots of injuries including a torn ACL in December. He'll have time to get healthy.

@gardenman 

Gee...its like the Twilight Zone..It looks like Laurie and Howie are following our old model and morphed into Snyder & Allen .... 😉 its like the year the Redskins drafted all those Bama boys Allen, Payne, and then Ryan Anderson, Rueben Foster and we picked up Landon Collins....people gave us the nickname of Red Tide...LOL...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman 

Gee...its like the Twilight Zone..It looks like Laurie and Howie are following our old model and morphed into Snyder & Allen .... 😉 its like the year the Redskins drafted all those Bama boys Allen, Payne, and then Ryan Anderson, Rueben Foster and we picked up Landon Collins....people gave us the nickname of Red Tide...LOL...

Good to see Mike Golic Sr

Honored Contributor

Dickerson isn't a bad pick, but it was a luxury pick to me. Especially when you consider his injury history. A torn ACL as a freshman. Then two ankle injuries, then another torn ACL as a senior. We've got decent backups at center and guard and very good starters.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!