Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2021!!!

A few weeks ago you couldn't find many mock drafts that had any defensive players going in the top ten. Today there are a few circulating that have at least two defensive players going in the top ten and a few have three defensive guys going in the top ten. Jason La Canfora's most recent mock has two corners going in the top ten. There's a growing consensus that the first four picks will be QBs. (I'm not so sure about Atlanta passing on Kyle Pitts, but we'll see.) It's going to be interesting. 

You're hearing more and more of Rashawn Slater moving up in the draft. He can play every offensive line position and that kind of versatility makes GMs drool a bit. His arms are a bit shorter than ideal for a tackle, but he's shown he can play there in college so he'll likely get the chance to prove he can do it in the pros. He could sneak into the top ten if the run on o-linemen starts earlier than expected.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Jim Irsay said that there's a possibilty they can move guard Quenton Nelson to left tackle if necessary. I wouldn't care for that;  Nelson's strength is playing guard position so not sure how it would work. They should be able to draft a tackle, and then Nelson can stay where he's best. 

As far as Jerry Jones seeing "visions of sugar plums" , does that include visions of fairies and nutcrackers also? Is At &T Stadium becoming a wonderland? Woman LOL

@teganslaw 

Well Disney On Ice is touring Texas ...... maybe Jerry Jones will sign Tinkerbell to play defense...😄😄😄

b307d71dc856466896a8b457bd419244.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a part of the NFL's efforts to celebrate its past, present and future, 32 current and former players (one for each team) will announce selections during the second and third rounds.  For the EAGLES it will be Mike Golic ( I miss watching Mike on ESPN), For the COLTS its Antoine Bethea, Monte Coleman represents the WFT.....

Monte Coleman is unique in the fact that he is the only Redskin player to take part of the team across the 1970’s, 80’s and 90’s. He spent his entire career with the Redskins organization before retiring in 1994 at the age of 37. Coleman shined under Gibbs and was regarded as one of the better coverage linebackers of his era. He currently lives in Pine Bluff, Arkansas with his wife and three kids. One of whom, plays for the Los Angeles Chargers, Kyle Coleman.

Here's the complete list of presenters for Night 2 for each team:

32 current players, legends scheduled make selections on Night 2 of 2021 NFL Draft

Arizona CardinalsKelvin Beachum
Atlanta FalconsChris Lindstrom
Baltimore RavensJacoby Jones
Buffalo BillsJoe DeLamielleure
Carolina PanthersKemp Rasmussen
Chicago BearsRashied Davis
Cincinnati BengalsAnthony Munoz
Cleveland BrownsMyles Garrett
Dallas CowboysDrew Pearson
Denver BroncosBilly Thompson
Detroit LionsFrank Ragnow
Green Bay PackersRashan Gary
Houston TexansChester Pitts
Indianapolis ColtsAntoine Bethea
Jacksonville JaguarsKevin Hardy
Kansas City ChiefsWill Shields
Las Vegas RaidersAlec Ingold
L.A. ChargersHank Bauer
L.A. RamsOrlando Pace
Miami DolphinsByron Jones
Minnesota VikingsJohn Randle
New England PatriotsStanley Morgan
New Orleans SaintsDemario Davis
New York GiantsDarius Slayton
New York JetsLaveranues Coles
Philadelphia EaglesMike Golic
Pittsburgh SteelersFranco Harris
San Francisco 49ersJaquiski Tartt
Seattle SeahawksMack Strong
Tampa Bay BuccaneersJimmie Giles
Tennessee TitansMichael Griffin
Washington Football TeamMonte Coleman
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I always felt sorry for Mama Golic with Mike and Bob as her sons. She likely had a very hard time dealing with those two as boys and teens. Both are pretty entertaining though. If you never saw Bob Golic he used to be a regular on the old Home and Family show back when it first started a decade or more ago. He was their sports expert and also did some work around the set. He would almost always be there for the food segments to get some free food.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I always felt sorry for Mama Golic with Mike and Bob as her sons. She likely had a very hard time dealing with those two as boys and teens. Both are pretty entertaining though. If you never saw Bob Golic he used to be a regular on the old Home and Family show back when it first started a decade or more ago. He was their sports expert and also did some work around the set. He would almost always be there for the food segments to get some free food.

@gardenman 

Yep, your right I bet those Golic boys were a handful for their mom.......I vaguely remember Bob as an analyst for one of the TV networks..He was a character....😄

I always enjoyed Mike & Mike especially when they went to Cleveland to do a show and all the Golic boys were on the set and shared some very entertaining stories...😄

And food is a very important part of life for the Golics that's for sure......always had a food segment on Mike & Mike and Golic & Wingo....I quit watching ESPN after Mike left.....Mike did a great job as an analyst for college football too....I think he would have been great on MNF....

Honored Contributor

Well, if you operate on the opposites theory (the theory that an NFL team will tell you the exact opposite of what they're going to do in the draft before the draft) then the Cowboys are looking to draft an o-lineman in the first round. Stephen Jones just recently came out and proclaimed their offensive line fully healthy and a position of strength. Yeppers, that probably means they're looking to draft an o-lineman.

The backup QB spot in Dallas is still kind of interesting also. They didn't really get a veteran, proven backup. They've got Cooper Rush,  Ben DiNucci, and Garrett Gilbert as backups. After seeing what a season without Dak looked like, you would have expected them to make getting a really good backup QB a top priority. There were guys out there like a Flacco or even resign Andy Dalton. Maybe they're planning to poach a veteran guy who gets cut after training camp? Would they look to use their second-round pick on a kid QB? Kellen Mond perhaps? We'll have to see.

Everything draft-wise has gotten very quiet. The rumor mill has ground to a halt. I suspect all of the teams are sitting around and making sure they have everything sorted out internally before they start leaking more stuff out. Things should pick up early in the week as teams make one last desperate attempt to sway positions around the league. Rumors of top-ranked players having legal, drug, mental health, health in general, or other issues will pop up from teams hoping they can make the guy fall to them. 

I think the Eagles will go either cornerback or wide receiver. Both are positions of need and a quality guy at one or both positions should still be there. The Eagles still have Zach Ertz despite giving his agent permission to seek a trade and he might still hang around for another year. There seems to be no movement at all there. I don't think keeping him is a bad idea. He's relatively low cost at $8 million and has been highly productive. If he leaves in free agency at the end of the year the Eagles could likely get a fourth-round pick as compensation, so why let him go for less than that? There's still talk of the Eagles trading up to get PItts or a QB, but the cost to move up that high is pretty crazy. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @Spurt @teganslaw

This will likely be a slow week leading up to the draft with little "real" info being shared by any team. But that's OK as we only have to wait until Thursday night!!!😉

As to who the Eagles will draft, I have no idea with Howie at the helm!😉 But we have a gazillion picks, so hopefully we will get lots of help in the areas where we need it... which unfortunately is in every area!😉

So I had already decided to take a break from posting about football until fall once the draft was over...but I have decided to start my "away time" today! Here in the Philly area we are looking at a gorgeous stretch of days through Wednesday with temps climbing from the 60s to the 70s to the 80s by mid-week! My husband is going to take off from work for 3 days starting tomorrow...and beginning today we are going to play like we are "tourists"! With Covid we have not gone out to many places over the past year. But now we are both fully vaccinated, including the post 2-week waiting period. So we are going to wear our masks and still socially distance where necessary and visit some of the places we have missed...downtown Philly with Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Museum of Art, etc.; Valley Forge Park; the Amish country up around Lancaster, PA; and our favorite Delaware beaches!😊

Enjoy the draft!!! See you in September!!!😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@gardenman @Spurt @teganslaw

This will likely be a slow week leading up to the draft with little "real" info being shared by any team. But that's OK as we only have to wait until Thursday night!!!😉

As to who the Eagles will draft, I have no idea with Howie at the helm!😉 But we have a gazillion picks, so hopefully we will get lots of help in the areas where we need it... which unfortunately is in every area!😉

So I had already decided to take a break from posting about football until fall once the draft was over...but I have decided to start my "away time" today! Here in the Philly area we are looking at a gorgeous stretch of days through Wednesday with temps climbing from the 60s to the 70s to the 80s by mid-week! My husband is going to take off from work for 3 days starting tomorrow...and beginning today we are going to play like we are "tourists"! With Covid we have not gone out to many places over the past year. But now we are both fully vaccinated, including the post 2-week waiting period. So we are going to wear our masks and still socially distance where necessary and visit some of the places we have missed...downtown Philly with Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Museum of Art, etc.; Valley Forge Park; the Amish country up around Lancaster, PA; and our favorite Delaware beaches!😊

Enjoy the draft!!! See you in September!!!😊

@yellowBeetle 

ENJOY!!!! That sounds like fun playing "tourists"....My friends and I like to do that from time to time.... and of course, we have to check up on the OFFICIAL Alamo cat, Bella....

download (1).jpg

Playing with the official Davy Crockett hat in the gift shop....

𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓐𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓸 𝓒𝓪𝓽 🐈 on Twitter: "Playing with my Davy  Crock-cat hat! 👒😺You can buy your own (and a 2016 Fiesta medal) at the  Meowlamo gift shop. https://t.co/VuzmCsynQC"

The weather here is supposed to be 90 for a few days and then cool a little down to the 80's.....

Honored Contributor

Have fun exploring Philly. The historic district is pretty impressive. I had an old doc at Tenth and Chestnut so I was in that area fairly frequently. You've got the Betsy Ross house, Ben Franklin's house, Elfreth's Alley (which is featured in my novel "Annie's Gift.") Lancaster is pretty nice also. If you've got pets, That Pet Place in Lancaster should be added to your tour. It's one of the world's largest pet stores. If you venture a bit farther south into QVC territory you've got Longwood Gardens, Winterthur, Baldwin's Book Barn. (A used book store in an old barn. Very impressive place. Lot of cats to pet as you browse the books. A bit scary if you happen to be there in the middle of a bad thunderstorm as I was once.) And of course, QVC itself. There's lots of interesting stuff to see and do in the area. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Coach Rivera and GM Mayhew talk about the WFT moving up or down in the draft....

"As far as the draft is concerned, we're going to react to what happens in front of us," Rivera said. "Picking at 19, kind of putting us in the middle is going to be interesting as far as we're concerned." 

Mayhew did shed some light on his thinking when it comes to deciding whether to trade up in the first round.

"Any time you look into moving up or down, it's really about can you create value making that move? Obviously, if you can move up and get a player who you really like and not give up a whole lot, that's what you want to do," Mayhew said.

While most mock drafts predict that if Washington does move in the draft it'll be by trading up, Mayhew didn't rule out the chance of moving back in the draft, either.

"If you can move back and get a lot in return for moving back...it's about the value that exists there, either way," he said. "From my standpoint, we're open to doing either right now. It's just going to depend on that process."