Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2019!!!

The Colts drafted well yesterday.

Rock -Ya-Sin CB from Temple is an elite corner and is said to excel in zones.

Ben Banogu edge rusher from TCU (Texan Christian University) is also called OLB. In fact, he can play all 3 LB positions.

Parris Campbell WR Ohio State, had an outstanding combine, is good route runner. Very high on Ballard's and Reich's list.

Brian Orekere LB Standford, is a Darius Leonard type. and can play different LB positions.

Maybe Josh Rosen will have a better chance in Miami.

The DA is reopening the case on Tyreek Hill. I have a feeling that when they're done investigating, Hill will be gone.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts drafted well yesterday.

Rock -Ya-Sin CB from Temple is an elite corner and is said to excel in zones.

Ben Banogu edge rusher from TCU (Texan Christian University) is also called OLB. In fact, he can play all 3 LB positions.

Parris Campbell WR Ohio State, had an outstanding combine, is good route runner. Very high on Ballard's and Reich's list.

Brian Orekere LB Standford, is a Darius Leonard type. and can play different LB positions.

Maybe Josh Rosen will have a better chance in Miami.

The DA is reopening the case on Tyreek Hill. I have a feeling that when they're done investigating, Hill will be gone.

@teganslaw 

I just loved loved loved Reggie Waynes and Pat McAfee's draft presentations just too funny ROFL....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Your right hopefully Sweat can grow up and mature, he definitely has talent.   The late great Sean Taylor had issues early in his career...remember the spitting incident...but having Joe Gibbs as his coach--who cared about player's as people, also a strong veteran locker room, and birth of his daughter really changed him....so sad his life was cut short...some said he was bound for The Hall Of Fame..... 

On the other hand....there's John Riggins....I think his maturity kicked in not too long ago..LOL.....I do enjoy his Podcasts...

I thought that was a very good move picking up Haskin's teammate at OSU....WR Terry McLaurin.....gee I wonder whose idea that was....certainly NOT Snyders....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I think Montez Sweat was worth the gamble. He's going to need stability though.  If a Kerrigan could take him under his wing in a big brother/little brother type relationship, it would probably help him. The coaches will need to have lots of one on one talks with him. That bit about him not liking to be yelled at, is a little scary, but the right staff and support around him could get the best out of him. He doesn't sound like someone you can play good cop/bad cop with. It'll take him a year or two to adjust to the NFL, and until he does, he'll need lots of handholding, reassuring, and pats on the back. He doesn't strike me as someone you can push too hard. Picking up a college teammate of his that he's friendly with could be a smart move for the Redskins. Give him some stability and reassurance and he could blossom. Screw it up, and he may never produce.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Redskins just drafted Bryce Love, which is a very good move. With Peterson and their first round pick Guice from last year they can give Love a bye year to get his leg healthy. Smart move with lots of upside down the road. Once he's fully healthy, he's a game-breaker. Give him a year to get healthy, and he could dominate.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Redskins just drafted Bryce Love, which is a very good move. With Peterson and their first round pick Guice from last year they can give Love a bye year to get his leg healthy. Smart move with lots of upside down the road. Once he's fully healthy, he's a game-breaker. Give him a year to get healthy, and he could dominate.

@gardenman 

I wasnt happy with this move....

Guice coming off injury...now another injured RB that will be on PUP list for a yr....Woman Frustrated  more pressing needs than RB! Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Give it a year or two and you'll likely change your mind. Love's a top ten talent type guy if he can bounce back from the injury. Taking a shot at him in the fourth round is a bit of a longterm investment. Derrius Guice was not happy about it though. That could cause some lockerroom issues.

A bigger question mark for the Redskins is the center they just drafted from Alabama. A few local experts feel he's one of the more over-rated guys in the draft. We'll have to see who's right about that, but he might not make the final cut.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles added Shareef Miller, a defensive end from Penn State and Clayton Thorson, the Northwestern QB. Miller needs time to develop, but so does every rookie DE. He's got good size, but isn't great using his hands. He's fast, but if an o-lineman can get their hands on him they tend to neutralize him. That can be fixed by coaching however.

Thorson's an interesting guy. He could have come out in the 2018 draft. He was said to be a borderline first round pick, but more likely a second round pick. Then he tore his ACL. He went back to Northwestern in 2018 and wasn't 'right' early on with the ACL. He improved as the season went on. The talent around him wasn't great however. Some scouts say if he was in a different program with more talented players around him, he'd have been a first or second round pick this year. Instead, at Northwestern he was a one man offense. He fits the measurables nicely. He's got a good arm. He's another very high character guy. It'll be interesting to see how he plays in the preseason. He's going to have a lot of talent around him now. The Eagles ten or so QB coaches will be working to mold him into the best he can be. 

The good news is the Eagles have filled out the QB room for the preseason. We've got Wentz, Sudfeld, Luis Perez from the AAF, and now Thorson. They'll all get coached to death and we'll see what happens. I suspect Thorson knew the Eagles were targeting him as he had an Eagles hat on him almost as soon as his phone rang.The

The Eagles got a seventh round pick by sliding back a  few slots so the Patriots could move up and draft a punter. We're still about sixty picks from that pick though. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Colts picks: 

Khari Willis Mich State : undersized, has mixed reviews from analysts. But can be fast learner with right coaching

Marvin Tell S, USC. Quick, athletic, has speed can cover TE's well

E J Speed, Tarleton ,Has had legal problems in past, but never charged, not much known about his stats, seems to be for special teams. One review said he would best used as UDFA. 

SPURT, I liked both Reggie Wayne and Pat McAfee, both were hilarious. However, they didn't go over with some Colts fans. Some people thought that Wayne was classless and not everyone likes McAfee's humor. (McAfee does stand up comedy on the side.) The Colts did dominate the Titans throughout the years; they were just admitting that fact. LOL

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

What can you tell me about defensive tackle Hassan Ridgeway? The Eagles just traded their seventh round pick to the Colts for him, and there's very little info on the guy. He was a fourth round pick in 2016, but only played in five games last year. He's big and was thought to go as high as the second round when he came out, but that's about all I can find on the guy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!