Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2019!!!

Redskins 2019 Schedule

Week 1: Sunday, September 8th @Philadelphia Eagles

Week 2: Sunday, September 15th Dallas Cowboys

Week 3: Monday, September 23rd Chicago Bears

Week 4: Sunday, September 29th @ New York Giants

Week 5: Sunday, October 6th vs New England Patriots

Week 6: Sunday, October13th @ Miami Dolphins

Week 7: Sunday, October 20th vs San Francisco 49ers

Week 8: Thursday, October24th @ Minnesota Vikings

Week 9: Sunday, November 3rd @Buffalo Bills

Week 10: BYE

Week 11: Sunday, November 17th New York Jets

Week 12: Sunday, November 24th vs Detroit Lions

Week 13: Sunday, December 1st vs Carolina Panthers

Week 14: Sunday, December 8th @ Green Bay Packers

Week 15: Sunday, December 15th vs Philadelphia Eagles

Week 16: Sunday, December 22nd vs New York Giants

Week 17: Sunday, December 29th @ Dallas Cowboys

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts start the season with two road games: @ L.A. Chargers and @ Tennessee. They have a Thursday night game in November @ Houston.

Besides the AFC South, they play the AFC West and NFC South, with a game A@ Pittsburgh and Miami at home.

The bye is week 6, and they also have a Monday might game later @ New Orleans.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

A tough starting stretch for the Redskins. In the first five games the only game they're likely to be favored might be the Giants game.

The Eagles have an easier start. (Or so it looks now.) The Eagles have the Redskins, Falcons, Lions, Packers, Jets, Vikings, Cowboys, Bills, Bears, a week ten bye, Pats, Seahawks, Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys and Giants. You're not sure what to expect from the Falcons, Lions, Packers and Jets this year, but those games should be winnable. The Vikings, Cowboys, Bills, Bears, Pats, Seahawks will be more challenging. The Dolphins, Giants, Redskins games look winnable. Then a game against the Cowboys could be iffy, then a finale against the Giants in what could be Eli's final game. It's not unreasonable to assume a 7-2 start for the Eagles. Then maybe a 4-3 finish maybe for an 11-5 overall record. That's not bad. I'll take that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

The consensus among Redskin fans is if we are lucky we just might win 4 games total.....I'd said we should TANK FOR TUA  😆😆😆

Tegan did you see Andrew going over the Colts schedule release on Twitter...he even came back afterwards to pick up the cards he read from...hilarious....😆

andrewluckschedule970coltstwitter.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Assuming the Giants and Dolphins are tanking for Tua, that's three wins for the Redskins right there. Cam Newton's shoulder may knock Carolina out early. No one knows what Green Bay, the Jets or Lions will be like. Six or seven wins are pretty doable. Catch a few breaks and eight or nine wins are possible. You just never know.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Andrew Luck reading the Colts schedule was more entertaining than NFL Network's version. He even picked up after himself (something my husband could learn from , but that's another subject.) Woman LOL

There is speculation that Patrick Mahomes could set a new record when his contract is expired. Every year the pay gets higher, and I don't see it ending anytime soon.

The Cowboys are looking to get Elliott some help at RB. Maybe that will happen through the draft.

Matthew Stafford's wife, Kelly, needs to have surgery for a brain tumor. Scary stuff; wishing her a speedy recovery afterwards.

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Here's hoping Kelly Stafford comes through her surgery in good shape. Nothing much scares me medically, but brain surgery does. Mathew Stafford will reportedly skip their offseason program to be with his wife which is smart for him, but bad for the team.

The Cowboys have built their offense around Ezekiel Elliott, so they really need an insurance policy there. He's one incident of domestic violence away from a lifetime ban and he's not especially blessed when it comes to self-control. If they lose him to injury or suspension, they pretty much lose their offense. They won't find another Elliott in the draft, but they need someone at least competent as a runner to keep their offense viable.

QB contracts will be rising like mad with Mahomes, Goff and Wentz all coming due over the next few seasons. Russell Wilson's $35 million per year will soon be eclipsed. $40 million will likely be hit by one of those three. Maybe even all three.

Less than a week until the draft and you're hearing more and more whispers that the Eagles are looking for a wide receiver early. That makes some sense as DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery are both older guys, though signed through 2022 and 2021. Nelson Agholor has a biggish cap hit. Wide receiver is one of those positions college players typically have to grow into. It takes a year or two or three for most college wideouts to adjust to the NFL. We've got a few younger guys on the roster now in Mack Hollins, Shelton Gibson, Braxton Miller, and more, but maybe they want still more depth? We'll have to see, but that seems to be the hot rumor. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Raiders sent all their scouts home saying that they didn't know who to trust and they "needed to clear the room." I read that it's not an unusual move, but it seems odd to do that so close to the draft. No word on who will be in the Raiders' war room. Something is going on with that organization.  

Several Colt fans think that D.K Metcalf will be a bust. The reason being that even though he is athletic and had great numbers at the combine, he won't make a good WR in the NFL.  I don't know about that, but doubt that the Colts will take him, as another team will have first choice. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

There are two really dreaded days for NFL executives. You have Black Monday at the end of the regular season where head coaches get axed. Then you have another Black Monday right after the draft where scouts, GM's, and other front office personnel get the axe. The rosters are largely built, so their jobs are done and so long! 

D.K. Metcalf is one of those scary guys to draft. He's got tons of potential. You look at him and gasp. Then you look at the game film and you wonder why all that potential doesn't show up on the film on a consistent basis. Do you draft him and hope you can milk the talent out of him? Do you let him slide past you and watch as he goes somewhere else and becomes a star? There's no good answer. His interviews with teams will likely determine where he ends up. He's definitely a guy you want to get a good vibe from in personal encounters. You can't be too in awe of his potential or you may be joining the next group of execs on the next Black Monday.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

We're starting to hear some consensus on likely draft picks. Multiple reports indicate the Giants want Dwayne Haskins at six. Now that could be coming from the teams in two to five who want someone to trade up ahead of the Giants to get Haskins, but he'd make sense for the Giants. You're also hearing Daniel Jones as the guy for the Giants. The league consensus seems to have the Giants grabbing a QB with one of their first round picks.

There seems to be some agreement that the Eagles will take a wide receiver in the first round. You're hearing DK Metcalf and Marquise Brown being mentioned the most. There's no immediate need there, but receivers typically take a few years to grow into playing in the NFL, so getting a young talented guy isn't a bad move.

At this point I think everyone would be surprised if the Cards didn't take Kyler Murray first overall. The Niners seem poised to take Bosa. Who knows what the Jets will do. The Raiders are hiding their plans from everyone including their own scouts. It should be a fun draft.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!