Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2019!!!

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

Yeah, that 101% of the vote is a tad suspicious. You don't suppose Brees is a shortened form of Brezinski? Danged Russians!

The Rams will be interesting to watch. They've lost coaches, the Super Bowl hangover, and Gurley's health are all things to watch. Gurley's health is the big thing though. He's a very big part of their offense and if he can't go, they'll look a lot more like the team that lost to the Patriots, than the team that breezed through the NFC West. The Niners and Seahawks are both improved this year also, giving them some competition. I don't expect much from the Cards, but who knows? 

@gardenman 

LOL!!!......Your right,  there should be a thorough investigation of Brees.....

Seahawks gotta sign Russell Wilson first to get in the playoff race.......

Cards are a mess....instead of Larry Fitzgerald becoming a consultant to Phoenix's NBA team (true story), maybe his NFL team should be the team to consult him for help.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Russell Wilson is giving the Seahawks until April 15th to get the new deal done. I strongly suspect they'll iron out a deal soon. It'll probably be a three year deal topping Aaron Rodgers' money by a tick. If they don't do the deal, then they either have to tag him next year or let him test free agency. It's smarter to sign him. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

There are lots of whispers (probably wrong whispers) that the Redskins are leading in the Josh Rosen auction. The latest has the Redskins sending their first round pick and Case Keenum to the Cards for Rosen. We'll have to see what happens there, but that's the hot rumor of the day. Getting Rosen would move the Redskins out of the tanking for Tua category and could make them competitive in 2019.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The poll sounds a bit off; I've never heard of 101%. The Eagles have a bunch of talent, but it all rides on Carson Wentz's health. The team backs him, so hopefully, he'll be ready to go.

A.B. is calling out JuJu Schuster on social media. JuJu has backed Big Ben, who Brown didn't get along with, so that might have something to do with it. It also didn't help that JuJu was Steelers' MVP instead of Brown.

I haven't heard about the Redskins leaning towards Rosen. I'll consider that a rumor until I actually see it happening.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

I read those Rosen rumors.....and at the same time Redskin Park is entertaining a plethora of QB pospects....Murray, Haskins, Jones, Grier, Stidham, Thorson, Finley.....who knows what they are really planning to do.......

Casserly says Redskins shouldn't give up a 1st round pick for Rosen, if Haskins, Jones are there the Redskins should take either one.....and other needsWR, ILB, Guard, CB will be there in later rounds.....But if Haskins or Jones aren't there trade back get some extra picks and grab Grier in later rounds.  Of course this is Cass and team is dealing with Bruce......

And Redskins signed DE Andrew Ankrah (AAF)

So @teganslaw  whats the latest on the Colts in the draft?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

I read those Rosen rumors.....and at the same time Redskin Park is entertaining a plethora of QB pospects....Murray, Haskins, Jones, Grier, Stidham, Thorson, Finley.....who knows what they are really planning to do.......

Casserly says Redskins shouldn't give up a 1st round pick for Rosen, if Haskins, Jones are there the Redskins should take either one.....and other needsWR, ILB, Guard, CB will be there in later rounds.....But if Haskins or Jones aren't there trade back get some extra picks and grab Grier in later rounds.  Of course this is Cass and team is dealing with Bruce......

I

And Redskins signed DE Andrew Ankrah (AAF)

So @teganslaw  whats the latest on the Colts in the draft?

i saw today Jeffery Simmons was visiting the colts today. Brian Burns also said in a interview that he will be visiting soon and the colts have showed the most interest. They would havr to trade up to get him.  There has been a lot of mocks of them taking dexter Lawrence. Just not sure he is worth a first rd pick.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The poll sounds a bit off; I've never heard of 101%. The Eagles have a bunch of talent, but it all rides on Carson Wentz's health. The team backs him, so hopefully, he'll be ready to go.

A.B. is calling out JuJu Schuster on social media. JuJu has backed Big Ben, who Brown didn't get along with, so that might have something to do with it. It also didn't help that JuJu was Steelers' MVP instead of Brown.

Juju has always spoken highly of AB. I suppose this is his way of keeping his name in the news. He sounds like a complete fool. I've read other NFL players telling him to stop. For wanting out of the Steelers so bad, he sure hasn't moved on.

Esteemed Contributor

Two other names mentioned for the Colts:

DT Jerry Tillery from Notre Dame.

WR A.J. Brown from Ole Miss

Tillery's stats have shown that he could work well with the Colts and Brown is a slot receiver scoring yards after carry.

With the Colts at 26, I'm not sure who would be available.

Mark Twain
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The NFL has released the preseason schedule for 2019.

HOF Game: Denver vs Atlanta

Colts schedule:

Week 1 Indy @ Buffalo

Week 2 Cleveland @ Indy

Week 3 Chicago @ Indy

Week 4 Indy @ Cincinnati

The Colts always play the Bengals in preseason; that's been happening for several years.

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Eagles signed a trio of AAF players yesterday. Luis Perez, the quarterback and two wide receivers in Greg Ward and Charles Johnson. Charles Johnson was the leading receiver in the AAF and has played for multiple NFL teams. Greg Ward is a converted QB who was in the Eagles' camp the last couple of years. Perez gives them a QB with decent size and arm strengrh who started out hot in the AAF but faded. I'm not sure any of them will make the final roster, but you never know what will happen.

The Eagles preseason has the Titans (home), Jags (away), Ravens (home), and Jets (away). The Jags game will be interesting with Nick Foles facing the Eagles defense.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!