Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2018!!!

The Giants are now trying to trade former first round pick Ereck Flowers. He was expected to move from left tackle to right tackle, but now it looks like he'll be moving to a new team instead. That'll make four of last year's five o-line starters gone if they make a trade. The Giants look more and more like a rebuilding team. If they trade Flowers, it gives them one more hole to fill in the draft.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Gronk is coming back to the Patriots ! 

giphy (1).gif

@Greeneyedlady21

I heard a rumor that Brady's wife wanted him to retire.(supposedly she even enlisted retired players -Jay Feely, Michael Strahan to try to convince him to reitre),  ...so when the announcement was made hes coming back for another year I wonder how that went down for Tom at home.......

I saw Gronk wearing a funny costume for Motocross and thought he was going to change careers there for a moment....LOL!!!!  But I bet you Patriot fans are glad to have him back for another season...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle

I share your enthusiasm....Im excited too and can't wait for the draft!!! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Giants are now trying to trade former first round pick Ereck Flowers. He was expected to move from left tackle to right tackle, but now it looks like he'll be moving to a new team instead. That'll make four of last year's five o-line starters gone if they make a trade. The Giants look more and more like a rebuilding team. If they trade Flowers, it gives them one more hole to fill in the draft.

@gardenman

The Giants have been terribly disappointed with Ereck Flowers and it seems they are trying to get rid of their big mistake......And Eli Apple has been a bit of a bust on and off the field.too.  They have really had some bad drafts in last couple of years, which has lead them to the state the team is now....although some of their FA moves on defense have been decent, although the defense did not play up to their talent last year (coaches fault and he's gone)...........

Honored Contributor

Flowers is one of those guys who is still talented enough to get a team's attention. It's interesting that the Giants aren't even giving him a chance with the new staff. They're creating an extra hole on a roster that already has quite a few holes. While Flowers hasn't performed well, he's still talented. Gettleman said "You don't quit on talent," when talking about OBJ, but he's quitting on Flowers. It's kind of interesting to watch the Giants these days. I think they're doing a full rebuild, but we'll find out at the draft.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's draft day! There are lots of rumors floating around. The Cards sound like they're looking to move way up to get a kid QB. The Bills might not be. The Bills GM did say the Bills are in rebuilding mode, which means they may be looking to move some of their older vets (LeSean McCoy?)

The Browns have reportedly settled on their first overall pick and have hung a "For Sale" sign on that fourth pick. They really seem to want to move that pick. The word you're hearing now is Baker Mayfield as the first overall pick. That's a bold move given Mayfield's issues on and off the field. He's impressed teams a lot in the interview process, but is the Baker Mayfield we saw in college the real guy, or the guy they're talking to in the interviews? The Browns possibly taking Mayfield had the Jets suddenly interested in Sam Darnold who they'd apparently been assuming would go first overall.

Lots and lots of teams are talking of moving up to get a quarterback. We could see quite a run on them with five, maybe six going in the first ten picks. Potentially the Browns, Giants, Jets, Cards, Bills, Dolphins, Steelers, Broncos, Ravens, and Patriots are looking to get a quarterback. That's a lot of teams competing for five or six upper tier guys.

I still think the Giants will grab a quarterback instead of Saquon Barkley or Bradley Chubb. It's a lot easier to find a serviceable running back or defensive end than a serviceable quarterback.

It should be a pretty interesting draft.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Josh Allen is taking a hit from some racially insensitive tweets he made back in his high school days. They were long since deleted, but were dug up by the media. We'll have to see how it affects him tonight.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm starting to hear some chatter that the Cowboys are looking to move up, possibly for Vita Vea who the Redskins are rumored to be very high on. Kind of a win/win for the Cowboys. They get a guy they covet and keep him from a division rival.

There are probably a hundred first round trades at some stage of development at this time with some teams looking to move up, some back, and some both.

If anything, I expect the Eagles to trade back and get later picks. If Nick Foles goes to the Bills and Lamar Jackson is available, the Eagles could grab him. Lamar Jackson and Kyle Lauletta are two quarterbacks the Eagles have shown interest in. Kyle Lauletta has been really looked at by the Eagles which is intriguing. He's rumored to be a target for the Patriots.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

Thats not fair that Jerry Jones better not take our preferred pick!!!!  Woman Mad

Thankfully we have Plan B with decent talent-Tremaine Edmunds or Da Ron Payne........Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James are also possibilities.......

Trusted Contributor

Many on the NFL Network seem to think Baker Mayfield will be the #1 pick! It is the latest "buzz!"

Others are holding firm with Sam Darnold as #1.

My top five picks:

I am leaning toward Darnold as #1.

Think the Giants will go with Saquon Barkley. Or possibly Bradley Chubb to replace JPP. Or Quenton Nelson! I have a major case of indecisiveness!

If Darnold is the #1 pick (and not Mayfield), then I think the Jets will dub Mayfield  "Broadway Baker!" But if Baker is #1, then I think the Jets will pick Darnold.

And depending on who is left, I think the Browns will keep their #4 pick and go with Barkley or Chubb or Nelson.

And among those three non-QBs....whoever is left is who I think the Broncos will pick...Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson.

(If I had to guess the order of those tbree, I would go with Barkley to the Giants, Chubb to the Browns, and Nelson to the Broncos.)

As to the Eagles, have a feeling it could be RB Derrius Guice. Hope so...liked him when he was on GMF! 

Enjoy tonight, everyone!! I'll be starting with the Red Carpet show from 6 to 7:30...then the pre-draft show at 7:30...followed by all the round one picks at 8!!Woman Happy