Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2018!!!

You get the impression Kaepernick doesn't really want to play in the NFL. Last year Baltimore was on the verge of signing him until he sabotaged it. This year Seattle shows interest and he sabotages it again.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Ding dong, the Dez is gone! The Cowboys have waived Dez Bryant. Tough for Dez being waived this late in free agency. That's kind of tacky on the Cowboys' part. Most teams have filled gaping voids at wide receiver already, so job openings are a tad slim.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Dez said he's looking forward to playing against the Cowboys twice a year. That kind of strongly implies he's looking to join an NFC East team. They're the only teams that Dallas plays twice a year. I don't see the Eagles signing him, we're well stocked at wide receiver, but Washington and the Giants could be in play. Of the two, I would think the Redskins would be the best fit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

One last thought on Nick Foles. Joe Gibbs' mantra was that the most important player on a team is the QB. But he said the second most important player is the back-up QB!

Foles' wishes and desires should come first, imo. According to Doug Pederson, Foles is very happy and content to remain as Wentz' back-up.

So as long as Foles is happy, then I think the Eagles would be very smart to keep Foles. He is a proven winner...a Super Bowl MVP! No one knows if Wentz will be able to start in September....or if he should start until he is 100% healthy. So with Foles there, the Eagles will not feel rushed in pushing Wentz back out onto the field too early. The Eagles will have Foles there to play any early games, if necessary. Yes, Nate Sudfeld is very good...but he is not a proven winner like Foles. 

So if Foles is happy, then the Eagles should be happy that they have him!!

(And I could see Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen signing Dez!)

Honored Contributor

The word out of Dallas is that Dak Prescott pushed for Dez to get the boot. That's more than a little interesting. Quarterbacks generally prefer not to lose weapons. It sounds like Jerry Jones was the lone holdout and he finally relented. One thing's for sure, Dez will be motivated this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Ding dong, the Dez is gone! The Cowboys have waived Dez Bryant. Tough for Dez being waived this late in free agency. That's kind of tacky on the Cowboys' part. Most teams have filled gaping voids at wide receiver already, so job openings are a tad slim.

lots of baltimore fans are anxious to get him, but he is aging and will be EXPENSIVE. not sure if it would be a good thing for us.

i would have rather seen kaepernick here than rg3, but we shall see how he does and how much play time he will get. hopefully flacco is healthy and accurate!

@Spurt

a battle of the beltways in pre-season. should be fun! my daughter and her boyfriend have tickets so they will probably enjoy that game. we will be playing FIVE pre-season games for the first time in our history.

1. Thursday, Aug. 2 vs. Chicago Bears (Hall of Fame Game)
  2. Thursday, Aug. 9 vs. Los Angeles Rams
  3. Monday, Aug. 20 at Indianapolis Colts (ESPN)
  4. Date TBD at Miami Dolphins
  5. Thursday, Aug. 30 vs. Washington Redskins

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Dez seems a tick testy about getting cut. He blames it on "Garrett's guys." That makes it sound like there's a divided locker room with some pro-Garrett players and some anti-Garrett players. Divided locker rooms are almost always a recipe for disaster. Dez really seems to want to play for an NFC East team. He's sounding like he may pay one of them to put him on the field. It's going to be interesting.

The scary thing about Kaepernick to me is his build. He was 230 lbs when he came into league. He's now adopted a vegan diet and is reportedly closer to 200 lbs now. That's pretty light for a 6'-4" guy. At this stage with a dedicated NFL weight program he should be around 235-240, and he's not. Can he survive on a football field these days? That was the reason Chip Kelly kept him on the bench for a while with the Niners. Chip just didn't think he'd survive.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

Ive been meaning to check out the DWTS cast,but have been so darn busy....Woman Frustrated so thanks for letting me know about Josh Norman---Ill be watching and voting for him............HTTR/GO JOSH! Woman Very Happy

Stephen Morris as Russell Wilson's backup is a curious move, with Wilsons mobility and not much of an OL you'd think they'd need a decent backup......sounds like the Seahawks are in a true rebuilding mode

Oh no Dez wants to come to NFC East to seek REVENGE!!!!-   

@gardenman  He named the Eagles, Giants, or Redskins as landing spots...OH NO!!!!  Redskins said "unoffically" that they aren't interested..............

That is interesting about Dak being the one that wanted Dez gone...maybe Dak doesnt want him messing up his stats, because our local guy said that Dez had the most drops out of all the WRs in the NFL....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

lots of baltimore fans are anxious to get him, but he is aging and will be EXPENSIVE. not sure if it would be a good thing for us.

i would have rather seen kaepernick here than rg3, but we shall see how he does and how much play time he will get. hopefully flacco is healthy and accurate!

@Spurt

a battle of the beltways in pre-season. should be fun! my daughter and her boyfriend have tickets so they will probably enjoy that game. we will be playing FIVE pre-season games for the first time in our history.

1. Thursday, Aug. 2 vs. Chicago Bears (Hall of Fame Game)
  2. Thursday, Aug. 9 vs. Los Angeles Rams
  3. Monday, Aug. 20 at Indianapolis Colts (ESPN)
  4. Date TBD at Miami Dolphins
  5. Thursday, Aug. 30 vs. Washington Redskins

@sunshine45

That game is really going to be hyped up in the Beltway .....

WOW-5 preseason games for the Ravens.....Good Luck!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

You get the impression Kaepernick doesn't really want to play in the NFL. Last year Baltimore was on the verge of signing him until he sabotaged it. This year Seattle shows interest and he sabotages it again.

@gardenman

I agree the only winning Kaepernick wants to do is in court with that lawsuit aginast the NFL...........Woman Mad