Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2018!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts preseason games are:

Seahawks, Ravens, 49'ers and Bengals. The SF game should be interesting with all the new rosters. They haven't faced Garappolo yet; the last time they played SF, he wasn't with the team. The Colts and Bengals always play each other in the preseason, that remains a constant.

On a side note: Johnny Manziel is considered "too controversial" for "Dancing with the Stars." He was dropped from their lineup. That's hilarious, considering the show wanted Lindsay Lohan, and Lance Armstrong (both declined) and will have Tonya Harding on this coming season. They also had Kim Kardashian and Ryan Lochte on before. I guess none of them are controversial.Woman LOL The show must have their own version of the word.

@teganslaw

I didnt know that about Manziel and Dancing With The Stars (one of the few shows I watch on the broadcast channels, I know it will be starting soon with just sports athletes)..

But I guess all those other celebrities on DWTS didnt pose a concern about falling off the wagon like Manziel would.....Hey DWTS Colin K isnt doing anything ....LOL!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Redskins pre-season schedule:

Aug 9-13    At Patriots 

Aug 16 VS  Jets 8PM (ESPN)

Aug  23-26 VS Broncos

Aug 30 AT Ravens -get ready for the media hype if the Redskins face RGIII.........LOL  @sunshine45

We might have a chance against the Jets... Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

That is interesting that the Eagles will play the Browns in their "dress rehearsal" game! So for a good chunk of the game I guess it will be Wentz and/or Foles vs.Tyrod Taylor and/or their new rookie QB. Even if Wentz is ready to start in September, though, maybe Pederson will not put him out there in August...so Nate Sudfeld could play lots too. Can't wait!!Woman Happy

As to Andrew Luck, he has always been one of my favorites. Really admire his intellect and demeanor. I don't blame him a bit for not sharing his rehabilitation schedule with the media. Hopefully he will be totally healed and ready to start this fall.

@yellowBeetle @gardenman

I bet we will see Sudfeld, they wont risk injury to Foles if Wentz isnt ready..........

I like Andrew too and he has sense of humor to agree to do those funny commercials too.......

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

That is interesting that the Eagles will play the Browns in their "dress rehearsal" game! So for a good chunk of the game I guess it will be Wentz and/or Foles vs.Tyrod Taylor and/or their new rookie QB. Even if Wentz is ready to start in September, though, maybe Pederson will not put him out there in August...so Nate Sudfeld could play lots too. Can't wait!!Woman Happy

As to Andrew Luck, he has always been one of my favorites. Really admire his intellect and demeanor. I don't blame him a bit for not sharing his rehabilitation schedule with the media. Hopefully he will be totally healed and ready to start this fall.

@yellowBeetle @gardenman

I bet we will see Sudfeld, they wont risk injury to Foles if Wentz isnt ready..........

I like Andrew too and he has sense of humor to agree to do those funny commercials too.......

@Spurt

Good point! They probably would let Sudfeld play most ... if not all ... of the game.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

We will see a ton of Nate Sudfeld, and likely whichever undrafted, or late round QB, the Eagles pick up to fill out the roster. Nick Foles didn't play last preseason after irritating his elbow in practice, so he could be on a pitch count to prevent a recurrence. Carson will likely get a lot of practice reps, but no game reps.I

If Nick gets traded, still a possibility, we could see the Eagles invest in a quarterback fairly high in the draft. They've shown interest in Lamar Jackson and if he's there at 32, they might just grab him. That would give the Eagles three good young quarterbacks in a league where some teams don't have one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

We will see a ton of Nate Sudfeld, and likely whichever undrafted, or late round QB, the Eagles pick up to fill out the roster. Nick Foles didn't play last preseason after irritating his elbow in practice, so he could be on a pitch count to prevent a recurrence. Carson will likely get a lot of practice reps, but no game reps.I

If Nick gets traded, still a possibility, we could see the Eagles invest in a quarterback fairly high in the draft. They've shown interest in Lamar Jackson and if he's there at 32, they might just grab him. That would give the Eagles three good young quarterbacks in a league where some teams don't have one.

@gardenman

I saw that skit on GMF the other day where they had Foles being traded to the Jets for their #3 pick! Guess something like that could happen...seems unlikely...but who knows??!! Anything is possible!Woman Happy

I have been seeing more mentions of something you floated here about Jackson maybe going to the Ravens. 

And I really like everything I have seen about Mason Rudolph. He is on the NFL Network quite a bit...seems very knowledgeable and his stats look impressive. Will not be surprised if he gets picked up in the first round ... maybe by the Bills or Patriots or NO or Steelers...or Eagles!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I really don't see that Jets trade happening. I'd be thrilled if it did, but it's highly unlikely. I had thought Denver could trade out of five, but they went with Case Keenum instead. Buffalo at twelve is still a possibility. All they've got now is McCarron. I think the Cards spent too much on Bradford to do anything but pray he survives.

Nick will want a starting shot and any team trading for him will likely want him as a starter, but most starting jobs are somewhat set. The Bills make the most sense. Many of their coaches have Philly ties, so they still likely hear inside stuff from Philly.

I suppose it's still possible Denver makes the move and lets Keenum and Foles battle it out for the starting job. Case Keenum had basically one good year with top talent then imploded in the playoffs. It took a miracle to get past New Orleans. They scored one touchdown against the Eagles. Does Elway trust Keenum to go throw for throw with Tom Brady? I wouldn't. We know Nick Foles can go throw for throw with Brady as he's done it. We'll see what happens.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I really don't see that Jets trade happening. I'd be thrilled if it did, but it's highly unlikely. I had thought Denver could trade out of five, but they went with Case Keenum instead. Buffalo at twelve is still a possibility. All they've got now is McCarron. I think the Cards spent too much on Bradford to do anything but pray he survives.

Nick will want a starting shot and any team trading for him will likely want him as a starter, but most starting jobs are somewhat set. The Bills make the most sense. Many of their coaches have Philly ties, so they still likely hear inside stuff from Philly.

I suppose it's still possible Denver makes the move and lets Keenum and Foles battle it out for the starting job. Case Keenum had basically one good year with top talent then imploded in the playoffs. It took a miracle to get past New Orleans. They scored one touchdown against the Eagles. Does Elway trust Keenum to go throw for throw with Tom Brady? I wouldn't. We know Nick Foles can go throw for throw with Brady as he's done it. We'll see what happens.

@gardenman

I really hope that the Jets trade does not happen...or any other trade involving Foles!

As you so rightly said, Nick Foles can go throw for throw with Tom Brady!!! Only Eli Manning has done that in a Super Bowl!! So imo, as long as Foles is content being the backup to Wentz...which Doug Pederson said he is...then the Eagles should definitely hang onto Nick!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Well, that's interesting. The Eagles contract with wide receiver Mike Wallace includes an odd little weight clause. If he stays under 250 lbs. he gets an extra $585,000. Shouldn't be hard since he weighs 200 lbs. now. I'm not sure it's physically possible to put on 50 lbs. in one year. (I wouldn't mind trying though if I didn't have to take it off later.) This is another way to massage the salary cap. The Eagles don't have to pay that $585,000 for a bit, so while the money is more or less guaranteed to be paid, it doesn't cost them anything just yet. It's a clever little move. 

As to trading Nick Foles, I'd like to see him hang around but, he's on the last year of his contract now and will likely be gone in free agency by this time next year. He's making around $7 million with the Eagles this year, and they probably can't afford to resign him next year even at $7 million, but he could/should make closer to $20 million if he hits the open market. If you can get a good draft pick or picks for him this year that will help the team this year, it's not a bad move to make. If everything goes right, Nick would just ride the bench the whole year in Philly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Seahawks signed Stephen Morris as backup to Wilson. They had scheduled a workout for Kaepernick, but cancelled or postponed it until they find out for sure what his stance is on the anthem and what is happening with his collusion suit against the NFL. It doesn't sound promising for Kaepernick having an NFL career again. 

SPURT, Josh Norman is going to be "DWTS." this season. You mentioned that you watch the show. He probably will be able to combine the "DWTS" schedule along with NFL workouts. That shoud keep him in good shape. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain