Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2018!!!

The words I would use about Luck are "cautiously optimistic."  He said that he is feeling good, and expects to be back on the field this year. He mentioned that there is a timetable for return, but didn't disclose it. I don't find that odd at all;  Luck is a private person and, knowing how the media is, they would take the news and turn it to their advantage. There are times you don't want to reveal everything.

Luck is not a patient person, and he mentioned that he skipped steps in his rehab. That was partly why he's taking such a long time. Not a good idea to do that, but Luck said that he'll be more careful now.

I think that Luck will return this year, but it will take some time for him to get back in rhythm. I expect he'll be rusty at first; that's to be expected. I will feel better when he starts throwing footballs and gets back in action. The draft will also tell us much.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The NFL draft is around the corner, and the pre-season 2018 Schedule is out.....can August get her soon ---except for the Texas heat that is....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/11/2018-nfl-preseason-schedule/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt

Jason Garrett the scapegoat????  Ha.  He is an average coach at best and on a good day.   If they don't do well this year, and I doubt they will, much of the reason why WILL be Jason Garrett.   

Colt Mc Coy as a NFL starter??  That is hilarious.  

Respected Contributor

@yellowBeetle

As if I don't have enough reasons already to boo the Patriots, adding Manziel would push me over the max.   Unless he has done a 180 and I don't see that as possible, the NFL owners and GM's need to forget he exists.  He isn't that good and is way more trouble than he is worth.

Honored Contributor

The Eagles preseason  schedule features the Steelers, Patriots, Browns, and Jets. The Browns game will be the dress rehearsal for the regular season with the starters getting the most playing time. That could be an eye opener for a rookie Browns quarterback facing the Eagles d-line. If history is any indicator, we'll see next to nothing of the starters in the other three games. Doug has them in for just a series or two in the first two games, and off the field completely in game four.

The Cowboys will be meeting with Dez Bryant to discuss his contract tomorrow. That could be interesting. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts preseason games are:

Seahawks, Ravens, 49'ers and Bengals. The SF game should be interesting with all the new rosters. They haven't faced Garappolo yet; the last time they played SF, he wasn't with the team. The Colts and Bengals always play each other in the preseason, that remains a constant.

On a side note: Johnny Manziel is considered "too controversial" for "Dancing with the Stars." He was dropped from their lineup. That's hilarious, considering the show wanted Lindsay Lohan, and Lance Armstrong (both declined) and will have Tonya Harding on this coming season. They also had Kim Kardashian and Ryan Lochte on before. I guess none of them are controversial.Woman LOL The show must have their own version of the word.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@yellowBeetle

As if I don't have enough reasons already to boo the Patriots, adding Manziel would push me over the max.   Unless he has done a 180 and I don't see that as possible, the NFL owners and GM's need to forget he exists.  He isn't that good and is way more trouble than he is worth.

@Bridgegal

I was very surprised, too, when I first heard that story last week that Belichick was thinking about Manziel! I will say, though, that in his latest interviews Manziel sounds like a totally different person. He comes across as someone who genuinely has had a major epiphany of sorts in his thinking and maturity level. I guess time will tell!!Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

That is interesting that the Eagles will play the Browns in their "dress rehearsal" game! So for a good chunk of the game I guess it will be Wentz and/or Foles vs.Tyrod Taylor and/or their new rookie QB. Even if Wentz is ready to start in September, though, maybe Pederson will not put him out there in August...so Nate Sudfeld could play lots too. Can't wait!!Woman Happy

As to Andrew Luck, he has always been one of my favorites. Really admire his intellect and demeanor. I don't blame him a bit for not sharing his rehabilitation schedule with the media. Hopefully he will be totally healed and ready to start this fall.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Spurt

Jason Garrett the scapegoat????  Ha.  He is an average coach at best and on a good day.   If they don't do well this year, and I doubt they will, much of the reason why WILL be Jason Garrett.   

Colt Mc Coy as a NFL starter??  That is hilarious.  

@Bridgegal

There is a shortage of QBs and listening to the NFL scouts GMs the current group of college QBs all have severe defecencies...either playing an option type of offense (which is far from the NFL's)   OR they havent had a lot of exerience playing in a small college conference or like Lamar Jackson he's a WR that thinks he's a starting QB.....

Yes Colt a starter (Jay Gruden and Bruce Allen seriously considered it when Kirk Cousins wouldnt  sign) he actually looked better and more confident than Kirk Cousins and hey dont judge on what happened in Cleveland, that team would probably destroy Tom Brady.....And I wouldnt brag too much Dak without Zeke he didnt look that great....he's just an average QB at best...so I wouldnt be dissing Colt ...LOL!!!

I live in Texas and I see the press conferences, see all the TV and sports analysis first hand. Jerry Jones is delusional he thinks his current Cowboys match up with the Eagles ---CANT STOP LAUGHING---he was disappoiinted the Cowboys didnt make the Super Bowl last year...so in his warped mind he will say it has to be the coaching....and Jerry choses his coaches wisely---YES I HEARTEDLY AGREE, Jason Garrett is an average coach, and Jerry wants a puppet that he can meddle with....and Jason Garrett is that also....It's funny to see the press conferences when "coach" Jerry informs the press what plays or adjustments  the Cowboys will be making instead of hearing that from Garrett..

Jerry will never face the fact that HIS past draft selections may have put the Cowboys in a cap strapped situation (he's still paying Tony Romo although Tony is in the broadcast booth---LOL) and he's also made poor selections in the draft and free agency..Remember Jerry had the card in his hand to draft Manziel and only the intervention of Stephen Jones and a solid choice of an O linema saved the day....get where Im coming from....In other words Jerry will never point the finger at himself for the Cowboy's decline....Past Cowboy SuperBowl successes were the result of the Herschell Walker trade, and Jimmy Johnson's selection of players inthe draft, and Jimmy's coaching....The Cowboys have had just three playoff wins and have not made the NFC title game since they won Super Bowl XXX in1996

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

Yep, the Texas media is all abuzz with Jerry's meeting with Dez....he's an aging WR whose skills are diminishing and to me not much of a news story.....wake me up when it's over....😪  But saying all that, what's scary is Bruce Allen would probably sign him if he's released.....😂