Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2018!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

NO NO NO NO- your Colts  can't have MY Ryan!!! Smiley Wink 

As for the Ravens, personally Id rather take a chance on Manziel rather than RGIII.  Fragile with an attiude is how I describe RGIII   At least Manziel has gotten some help, and been humbled and even willing to go to Canada to try to make a comeback..............

Beckham had too high of a price for the Rams, PLUS they'd have to tie up cap space to meet his demands of a salary as high as a QB gets in the NFL...he's not worth it!!!  The Rams were smart in not going through with the deal! 

The Broncos Von Miller is in trouble ......  for catching and killing a shark in Florida.......Florida has restrictions on catching certain types of sharks......Von Miller could face legal consequences if the fishing trip violated Florida law.....

Oh Oh...I wonder if this would fall under the NFL personal conduct policy.....Social media gets another NFL player in trouble...Herm Edwards said it best, "think before you press send".........PETA saw it and turned him in..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Our nickname for Griffin is RGME.

I agree with @Spurt....would much prefer Manziel to Griffin. Heard last week that Belichick might actually be thinking about Manziel!!

Honored Contributor

These comments from Brown's fans says it all quite nicely....

about RGIII

I still can’t get the image of him in his first Browns game out of my head.

3rd & 19 or something like that, he takes the snap and bypasses a wide open read underneath to improve field position (you know, because he’s “the best and just has to prove it”). He takes off scrambling with nowhere to go, and gets near the sidelines and can’t get rid of the ball (well, he could have but just didn’t realize it). Instead of just gaining his few yards and getting out of bounds to avoid a hit, or throwing the ball away and living to fight another drive, he decides to try and truck a defender on the sideline. Not even exaggerating, he literally jumps forward into the air and launches himself chest first into a defender who was standing right on the sideline. The guy wasn’t even trying to hit him, Bob just decided it was the thing to do for some reason. Gets injured on the play, hobbles off the field, and is out for weeks.

That is the kind of sense and awareness Bob the 3rd plays the game with. He is just clueless

The fact that he’ll make dumb decisions to make plays that make him injury prone is what prevents him from being a starter level QB. He’ll get you to the endzone. His body parts will just be spread all over the field at the end of the play.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

With the trade for Cooks the Rams are now out of the OBJ auction. I think the Niners might still be in the market for him though. In Cooks the Rams get a younger, cheaper, sturdier, less troublesome version of OBJ. Cooks and his agent pretty much have the Rams where they want them. The Rams can't really walk away from Cooks after using a first round pick on him. They either have to give him whatever he asks for, tag him, or let him walk. The Rams lost Sammy Watkins in free agency this year after sending a corner and second round pick for him last year. Losing a second round pick and then a first on wide receiver rentals is a big price. They can't let him walk.

Given a choice between RGIII, Manziel, and Kaepernick, I'd likely take RGIII. Johnny Manziel is intriguing, but I'm not sure I could trust him. Kaepernick with his injury history, diet (a vegan quarterback?), weight loss, and fragility, combined with less than impressive performance, would have me looking elsewhere. Of those three, I'd opt for RGIII.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

That was fun! Jack Nicklaus' grandson, who was caddying for him, shot a hole in one! It was his first ever hole in one and it couldn't have come at a better place. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Some more free agency news. The Eagles signed Richard Rodgers, the former Packer tight end, to a one year deal. That pretty much fills the last roster hole.

Najee Goode, the former Eagles' linebacker is signing with the Colts. Najee's a decent linebacker/special teamer, but nothing special. Linebacker is one of the weaker parts of the Eagles' defense and he couldn't earn a starting job here. In fact, he's been cut a couple of times by the Eagles only to get resigned after other guys get injured.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Being in Texas there's a lot of Texas college football games on Saturday and watching Manziel in those games really showcased his talent....not that all the opponents matched up to NFL caliber competition, but still you saw how he put the team on his back and carried them to wins.....And unlike RGIII he managed to stay pretty healthy....But with Manziel it boils down to how bad he wants an NFL career and if he's willing to put the off the field stuff behind and do the film study, workouts and things necessary to be able to keep a job in the NFL............

Well something both Kiper and McShay agree upon Vita Vea for a first round pick for the Redskins for much needed D line help. For later rounds Kiper says RB Rashaad Penny, while McShay says WR DJ Clark.......Should be a fun and exciting draft for all teams......

ESPN listed the best and worst draft picks for each

team...here are a few of them for NFL Forum participants:

COLTS-BEST-Andrew Luck, WORST-LB Bjoern Warner-picked 24th and didnt make his 4th year in the NFL.  Didnt transition from DE to LB. 

RAVENS-BEST-Joe Flacco (really), WORST-LB Sergio Kindle first pick in 2010 draft fractured his skull while falling down a flight of stairs four days before his first training camp and never was the same.

COWBOYS-BEST-C Travis Frederick, WORST-CB Morris Claiborne-Cowboys gave up 1st and 2nd round picks to Rams to move up to pick him at #6.  The Cowboys had Claiborne graded as their best defensive back since Deion Sanders. Injuries prevented Claiborne from playing a full 16-game schedule in his five seasons with the team, and he recorded just four interceptions in Dallas. Given the price paid to get him and the little return on investment, Claiborne stands out above the bunch. 

EAGLES-BEST-Carson Wentz, WORST-OLB/DE Marcus Smith II. Most felt he was a reach at #26.  Just 4 sacks in 3 seasons, he's now with Seattle. 

REDSKINS-BEST-LT Trent Williams! 6 pro-bowls and 2 All Pros. He's been a very important player to the team....WORST-so many to name Woman Frustrated But they chose WR Malcolm Kelly  the Redskins were warned about his knees and how he might not even be able to practice much. Yet, they were desperate for big receivers so they still chose the 6-foot-4 Kelly No. 51 overall. His career ended because of knee issues. 

Honored Contributor

I suspect Marcus Smith will ultimately end up being a decent NFL defensive end/outside linebacker. He was undersized when Chip Kelly drafted him and it was said at the time that he'd have to bulk up. He's always had the moves and techniques to excel, but was undersized. I think the Seahawks made a decent investment in him. He's gotten a bit better each year and that should continue. With the Eagles he got a bit lost. He's not "special" but he's adequate, and could become quite good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Jordan Matthews has now signed with the Patriots. That's a good move for him. He needs to stay healthy and put up some big numbers to get a better deal. He has a chance to do that in New England.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

ESPN is right about Bjoern Warner being a bad draft pick for the Colts. He just couldn't transition to the NFL. He spent a year with Jacksonville before retiring from football, and didn't do much with that team, either.Injuries didn't help, but he wasn't very good even before he got hurt. Some don't make it in the NFL; it's a lot different from college.

One of the worst moves the Colts ever made was giving up a first round draft pick for Trent Richardson. That still hurts, and something they will never live down.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain