Trusted Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes/March 2018!!

Ian Rappaport is saying NE's Danny Amendola will most likely sign with Miami tomorrow!

Brady will miss him!

Trusted Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

I see where the Eagles released TE Brent Celek leaving Zach Ertz as the Eagles's only TE with Trey Burton leaving the Eagles for the Bears..................

@Spurt

That's too bad....though there had been rumblings that it could happen. So glad he was still there to get a ring!!

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetlewrote:

Ian Rappaport is saying NE's Danny Amendola will most likely sign with Miami tomorrow!

Brady will miss him!

@yellowBeetle

And what happens if Gronk retires (which hes hinted about due to his recent injuries and surgeries).............

Interesting............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

@yellowBeetlewrote:

Brady will miss him!

@yellowBeetle

And what happens if Gronk retires (which hes hinted about due to his recent injuries and surgeries).............

Interesting............

@Spurt

Brady would definitely not be a happy camper...Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle

John Keim said the Snyder rumor wasnt true....Snyder and the team really tried to woo Cousins into re-signing, they wanted him to stay.....but obviously it didnt work.  Although its true they didn want to see Kirk and Kyle re-unite that wasnt the reason for the tag......they wanted to work out a deal..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

I see where the Eagles released TE Brent Celek leaving Zach Ertz as the Eagles's only TE with Trey Burton leaving the Eagles for the Bears..................

The Eagles have two younger tight ends they love. Both were thought to have a shot at making the 53 man roster last year. Billy Brown is 6'-4" , 255 lbs and runs a 4.7 forty yard dash. He's also got really good hands and catches everything near him. The other guy is Adam Zaruba, a former rugby player. He's 6'-5" and 265 lbs. No official word on his forty time, but he's fast. He's also got good hands, but is raw. Guys that size, with good speed, challenge defenses. You almost need a corner or faster safety to cover them, but they're so big you need a linebacker to bring them down. Both have been worked with on the practice squad, will get more work in the OTA's, and then a full training camp. Those two guys are big, physical, fast, and a bit raw, but have potential to develop into monsters.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ding, Ding, Ding....it looks like the Vikes will get Cousins all but said and done except for Kirk to put his signature on the contract on 3/14, here's another sign---The Jets have re-signed Josh McCown..........

Looks like Redskin free agent CB Breeland reported to be headed to the Panthers....there were mixed reviews on his play, he sure got burned a lot!....Gee this opens up the opportunity for my brother's rumor to come true......LOL!!!...

Esteemed Contributor

The Packers cut Jordy Nelson; I didn't see this coming! They are prepared to sign TE Jimmy Graham.

A Vikings fan I know was Ok with the team signing Cousins, but not at such a high price. I guess the team felt that Cousins is worth the money. I hope that he does well there.

I'm going to have to make some kind of notebook to keep up with all the free agency activity. This and the draft are going to seriously affect my fantasy football teams.

The Colts are working on free agency, but, acording to ESPN,  it's not Ballard's style to make headlines with signings. I'm sure he has plans, and just isn't publicizing them.

Colts lb Barkevious Mingo is a free agent, and the Jaguars seem interested in him. I don't know if the Colts will re-sign him; I hope they do, as I don't want Jacksonville to have a huge advantage. (Although they probably do, anyway.)

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslawwrote:

The Packers cut Jordy Nelson; I didn't see this coming! They are prepared to sign TE Jimmy Graham.

A Vikings fan I know was Ok with the team signing Cousins, but not at such a high price. I guess the team felt that Cousins is worth the money. I hope that he does well there.

I'm going to have to make some kind of notebook to keep up with all the free agency activity. This and the draft are going to seriously affect my fantasy football teams.

The Colts are working on free agency, but, acording to ESPN,  it's not Ballard's style to make headlines with signings. I'm sure he has plans, and just isn't publicizing them.

Colts lb Barkevious Mingo is a free agent, and the Jaguars seem interested in him. I don't know if the Colts will re-sign him; I hope they do, as I don't want Jacksonville to have a huge advantage. (Although they probably do, anyway.)

@teganslaw

We are all definitely going to need some sort of scorecard to keep track of all these moves.........WOW!!! 

Cousins was just too darn greedy....well he's getting his money lets see if lives up to what they paid him!

Honored Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

WOW---so many surprises..........it makes you wonder what surprises the draft will hold............

I cant believe the Cards paid that much for so frail of a QB....I hope they get a good backup..................

Agreed. I thought Bradford would get a very low prove it contract for one year. Degenerative knees don't get better. I'll be surprised if he makes it through the preseason. The daily grind of practice on those knees will take a toll. A local reporter said that Bradford will have gotten $134+ million in his career for winning 34 games. That's not bad money. It's hard to believe a quarterback can be in the league as long as Bradford and only win 34 games. Mark Sanchez has started two fewer games and has seven more wins, but no one is paying him $20 million. You don't suppose Bradford's a hypnotist who hypnotizes GM's in the negotiating process? Nick Foles has started 37 fewer games, but is only nine wins behind Bradford.

The Packers have now released Jordy Nelson to sign Jimmy Graham. Rodgers gets a weapon and loses a weapon.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!