Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes/March 2018!!

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Suh. The Eagles and Dolphins trained together before a preseason game, and Suh reportedly told the Eagles defensive line coach he'd like to play with the Eagles with the d-line rotation and would play for free if he could as he's made his money. Adding Michael Bennett and Suh to the existing line would be kind of impressive.

The Jets and Vikings have the cap space to pay Cousins what he wants. I think the Vikings will end up with him, but we'll see. By now, the teams interested know his asking price and whether they can match it. Word is the Cards might sneak into the Cousins derby.

We'll likely see some teams falling back to plans b, c, and d in the near future. As more QB's get signed, the options for the rest get slimmer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

There is talk on the Colts forum about Indy possibly trading down with Buffalo. It's all speculation, and started with Taylor going to Cleveland. The Bills will need a quarterback unless they plan to go with Peterman.

The Vikings reached out to Drew Brees. I thought that they were interested in Cousins, so I wonder what that's about. If he was going to stay in NO, why hasn't he signed a contract yet? Something is going on there.

Arizona is releasing Adrian Peterson. I haven't heard if any other teams are interested in him.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Well, the Broncos are going with a vet at QB, but instead of Foles, it's Case Keenum. Gary Kubiak coached him in Houston and apparently encouraged Denver to sign him.

Sammy Watkins (the former Bills/Rams receiver) will sign with KC. Wide receiver Allen Robinson will sign with Chicago. Guard Andrew Norwell is signing with the Jaguars.

Last year receivers were largely ignored in free agency which let the Eagles grab Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith. This year there's a rush to grab receivers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

So much for that: Anthony Hitchens signed with KC: 9 million a year. The forum was 99% sure that he was going to the Colts. Nothing is certain until the papers are signed, sealed and delivered.

There was also talk of Norwell going to the Giants. He's going to add even more to the Jaguars' defense.

The way things are going, I won't be surprised wherever Cousins lands. It looks like the Vikings, but one never knows.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Cowboys got weaker losing Hitchens. They also were reportedly trying to get Sammy Watkins which makes it sound like Dez Bryant is on his way out. Orlando Scandrick wants out. I just don't see Dallas being a playoff team unless Dak Prescott plays at an insanely high level. They keep bleeding talent and that's not good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Brees is reportedly signing with the Saints for two years at fifty million with twenty-five million guaranteed. 

Arizona, Buffalo, Minnesota, and the Jets are all still looking for quarterbacks.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles freed up $7.5 million in cap space by restructuring Lane Johnson's contract. Lane will still get the same total money, but more comes as a bonus and less as a salary. Expect similar restructuring on some of the other high salary Eagle players. By the time all's done, the Eagles will likely end up with $10-$20 million in cap space.a

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ian Rappaport just announced Kirk Cousins will visit Minnesota. The Vikings have offered him a guaranteed 3 year deal with $28 million a year.

No final deal yet. Rappaport thinks Cousins will go to Minn. either tomorrow or Thursday.

Edited to add...Now Rappaport is reporting that Cousins will have dinner with the Vikings' coaches, etc. Wed. night and then visit the facility Thursday.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The Cousins' deal is a bit less than expected, but they offer him the best chance to win now. If course, last year everyone thought the Raiders would win big only to implode. We'll have to see how this plays out for the Vikings. That NFC North is starting to look pretty competitive. Even the Packers have been talking about signing some upper level receivers for Rodgers. The Bears are improving. Detroit's largely sitting pat for the time being, but that can change.

I wonder if Kirk's deal has language prohibiting the Vikings from tagging him? I'll bet it does.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

There's conflicting news on Haloti Ngata. Some reports have him coming to the Eagles to replace Beau Allen, while others say there's no real done yet, he's just coming for a visit.

Trey Burton (Eagles third string right end and quarterback for the Philly Special) is signing with the Bears for four years at $32 million. That's a nice payday for him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!