Trusted Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes/March 2018!!

My hunch on the draft is that Cleveland will go with Saquon Barkley first...and keep their fourth pick and choose from the remaining most likely 4 of 5 top QB possibilities. I think the Giants will then pick a QB if Barkley goes first. The Colts will likely go with Chubb. Then Cleveland will get a QB. And if Denver does not get Cousins or Foles, then they will get a QB. And the Jets will likely take a QB if they do not get Cousins.

Have no idea which of the top five QBs in the draft will go first. Analysts do not seem to have any consistent order of preference. Some say Josh Allen will be first...but saw one who had him at 28th because he said his knowledge of the game was lacking! Others put Baker Mayfield first but some say his off-field problems will hold him bsck. Many like Josh Rosen...and Sam Darnold...and Lamar Jackson! So there are plenty of really good prospects this year!

But there is only one Saquon Barkley! So I think he will be the number one pick...but if the Browns pass on him, then I think the Giants will take him, thinking he can greatly help Eli in his remaining year(s) of playing.

Trusted Contributor

That was quick! Richard Sherman will be playing for Kyle Shanahan next season. Has agreed to become a 49er. That means at least in two games Sherman will have a chance to catch interceptions from Russell Wilson!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetlewrote:

That was quick! Richard Sherman will be playing for Kyle Shanahan next season. Has agreed to become a 49er. That means at least in two games Sherman will have a chance to catch interceptions from Russell Wilson!Woman Wink

I think the Niners overpaid a bit at $39 million over three years. He will be fired up playing the Seahawks.

Tomorrow the official legal tampering period starts where agents can talk to teams. That'll set the stage for the signings on Wednesday.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Odell Beckham Jr's drive to become the highest paid wide receiver might be in jeopardy. There's a fresh, short video of him apparently holding a blunt while a woman with him appears to be prepping lines of coke. He's on a promotional tour through Europe for Nike which is apparently where the video was shot, but expect a drug test to be waiting for him when he returns.I

He just can't stay out of trouble. The Giants have to figure out how to handle this. He wants a ton of money, but can you count on him staying out of trouble?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenmanwrote:

Odell Beckham Jr's drive to become the highest paid wide receiver might be in jeopardy. There's a fresh, short video of him apparently holding a blunt while a woman with him appears to be prepping lines of coke. He's on a promotional tour through Europe for Nike which is apparently where the video was shot, but expect a drug test to be waiting for him when he returns.I

He just can't stay out of trouble. The Giants have to figure out how to handle this. He wants a ton of money, but can you count on him staying out of trouble?

@gardenman

My sister's a die hard Giant fan but she can't stand Odell,  he's talented but she hates his antics............I think you are right a drug test and possible suspension await Odell when he gets back to the U.S..........I wouldnt pay him all the money he wants.....he doesn't deserve it.......that type of money is for someone that behaves on and off the field.................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yeah, Odell's going to have to find a good explanation for that video. He'll likely get drug tested as soon as possible also. The guy has all the talent in the world, but his fighting the kicking net, temper tantrums, boat trip during the playoffs, raising his leg in the Eagles' end zone, and more, are not reasons to make him a highly paid player. Add in his injury history and there are more reasons not to pay him than to pay him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

You would think, too, that Odell would not get asked to be in so many commercials. Companies might be a bit leery...with all of his antics...to be associated with him too closely.

Honored Contributor

Fasten your seat belts football fans! This is going to be a wild and crazy week! Free agency kicks off today with the official tampering period opening. Word is that lots of tampering has already occurred with multiple deals already consummated. The big name to watch is still Kirk Cousins who may, or may not, be planning to visit multiple teams before making a decision. Arizona, Denver, Minnesota, and the Jets are all vying for him with only one winning him.

Drew Brees still has no contract and I suspect a few teams will call his agent at one o'clock this afternoon to see what's going on there. One or more teams are likely to make him a tempting offer forcing the hands of the Saints. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a four or five year offer for $125-$150 million. Will it be enough to lure him from New Orleans? We'll have to see.

Expect lots of trades, lots of players getting cut, and lots of chaos this week. Four, maybe more, teams will be vying for Cousins. Those teams that don't get him will be scrambling for the next best option. I have a pet theory that the Vikings might make an offer for the Eagles' Nate Sudfeld either as a young starter, or a backup, since former Eagles QB coach Defilippo is their offensive coordinator, and has openly raved about Sudfeld. Both the Vikings and Cards have no quarterbacks on their roster and need both a starter and backup, plus camp arms. What could the Eagles get for Sudfeld? It depends on what teams think his potential is. If a team views him as a viable young starter, he could garner a pick or more in the first couple of rounds.

It's going to be a fun week!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Bills have traded offensive tackle Cordy Glenn to the Bengals along with pick number 21 to get pick twelve in the first round. I'm guessing they're not done moving up either. I expect them to end up in the top four before all's said and done. They apparently have their eye on one of the kids in the draft and are going for him.

How high can they go? I doubt they get to number one. I don't see the Giants trading down from two, but the Colts could drop from three, and the Browns might move down from four to twelve. The draft value charts shows a six hundred point difference between four (1800) and twelve (1200) and the Bills' pick at 22 is valued at 780. Combine pick twelve with twenty-two and you've got 1980 points which would put the Bills right between three (2200) and four (1800). They could add a pick or two to move up to three or higher if desired.

The Bills seem all in on one of the kids though.a

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One rumor that came up was the Dolphins might cut Suh....that's surprising...as we discussed before...never liked the guy and he seems to take plays off...........

Sources say only 2 teams are seriously interested in Kirk Cousins---Jets and Vikings...............But other teams may have made a call and left a ball park figure on the table..................

Free Agent DE Muhammed Wilerson arrived in DC today and will meet with the Redskins Tuesday........He will also visit Packers and Chiefs..........

Oh and the Redskins re-signed place kicker Hopkins....Bruce Allen's father, George who stressed the importance of special teams would be proud...Woman Frustrated.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”