Honored Contributor

Re: NFL NEWS AND NOTES FOR AUGUST 2018

[ Edited ]

The Viking released kicker Kai Forbath he was the Redskins kicker at one time.........

Looks like Adrian Peterson has signed with the Redskins....  What Adam Schefter said this morning before Adrian was signed, whoever, they sign its only to get them through the preseason, and as teams do roster cuts they will look for a better long term solution for the 2018 season.... Some said Adrian still has the speed he just cant catch passes out of thebackfield that coaches require these days....that was something coaches were working on even with Guice before he got hurt

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Luck didn't play his best game last night. He held on to the ball too long at times and seemed to force plays. He did make a couple nice throws, one to TE Doyle. 

The Colts' defense did quite well. . They rushed the QB and had some sacks, besides recovering fumbles. 

Too many fumbles on both sides. Also dropped passes by the Colts' WR. That needs to be cleared up. 

It's only preseason, so there is time to work on certain issues. Two things I know: Baltimore's defense is legit: 

Vinatieri still has it! 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

Vinatieri is AWESOME!!!  Woman Very Happy

Luck was rusty, but he will improve with more game time. In the interview after the game, he said he was glad to get hit by Suggs and survive his first hit after his comeback....... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The good news is Luck had decent velocity on some of his throws. The real test will be how he holds over the course of the season. He's throwing a limited number of passes now, but once the season starts he'll be throwing a lot more and we'll see if the pain returns.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Heard last night on our local sports that Foles will play tomorrow night. His shoulder is OK. Wentz has still not been cleared by the doctors for contact so he will not be participating. Pederson said he wants all of the "penciled-in" starters to play about half of the game. 

They were also saying that if Wentz is cleared for play by Sept. 6, that tomorrow night might be the last time we see Foles for awhile. Foles was asked about it and he honestly seems OK! Have to admire him for being so selfless. He has always been the first to say it is Wentz' team!

Honored Contributor

Darren Sproles, Jason Peters, and Brandon Graham will all sit out along with Wentz. Sproles is really loving the new "no lowering your head" to tackle rule. It'll make him unstoppable. Teams will be auditioning limbo dancers as linebackers and db's if that rule stays intact. A really short, strong guy like Sproles is unstoppable if the defense can't go low

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts are planning on having Ryan Grant #2 receiver behind TY Hilton. Grant didn't do much in the game Monday; SPURT, please tell me that he'll improve. 

The Redskins will be giving Adrian Peterson a larger workoput when they play the Broncos. That will give the team an idea how Peterson will fit in with the new system. Hopefully, it will work out. 

The Ravens are concerned about Lamar Jackson getting hit so often. I can see that; it reminds me of what Andrew Luck was going through. Could cause some problems in the long run. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts are planning on having Ryan Grant #2 receiver behind TY Hilton. Grant didn't do much in the game Monday; SPURT, please tell me that he'll improve. 

The Redskins will be giving Adrian Peterson a larger workoput when they play the Broncos. That will give the team an idea how Peterson will fit in with the new system. Hopefully, it will work out. 

The Ravens are concerned about Lamar Jackson getting hit so often. I can see that; it reminds me of what Andrew Luck was going through. Could cause some problems in the long run. 

@teganslaw

Yes I do hope and think Ryan Grant improves. He was decent and had good stats to back it up while with the Redskins.  He stayed healthy too---one of the few.  I think its just a matter of timing and getting used to new QB/Team............

As for Lamar....I see him going on the same path as RGIII---- Lamar doesnt know how to slide, or throw the ball away instead its an ill advised run ............

That's sad about the Cowboy's Frederick being diagnosedwith Guillain-Barré syndrome.  RG Zack Martin has a knee injury but should be ready by the start of the season.....Cowboys better hope so without a decent line, that spells problems for both Dak and Zeke!

Honored Contributor

Pre-draft everyone was worried about Lamar Jackson surviving physically. He needs a year or two of physical development to have a chance to survive in the NFL. If you're playing a rookie QB he'd better be big and strong. Rookies tend to hold the ball too long and take way more hits than they should. Smaller guys can play in the league (Brees and Russell Wilson being two examples) but you need the right coach and a really savvy QB to survive long if you're a smaller guy. Jackson's just a tad fragile looking now. He needs to add some bulk.

That Cowboy o-line could have some serious issues in the very near future. When they lost their starting left tackle last year, they had serious trouble. They've lost a lot of depth and could use some more.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the game last night. Cleveland has a very good defense. I think that they are going to be a better team this year. 

The Eagles' defense also did well, but the offense....not so much. It's only preseason, but are there any concerns coming out of the Eagles' camp about their offensive struggles? Foles looked uncomfortable and even lost on certain plays. There were all those turnovers, though not everything was Foles' fault. Maybe he wasn't quite ready to play after his back spasms. I wouldn't be surprised if Sudfeld started next week. 

Mark Twain