Honored Contributor

Re: NFL NEWS AND NOTES FOR AUGUST 2018

@gardenman

I think Derrius Guice's injury was a HUGE blow to our offense's plans....... Kelley is really nothing special, and Chris Thompson is more of a 3rd down, change of pace back.......and he's coming off an injury.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt

Just saw on the NFL Network a report saying that Adrian Peterson is scheduled to meet with the Redskins tomorrow!

And what about Alfred Morris? I know he was cut by Dallas ... maybe he could go back to Washington if he is still a free agent....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt

Just saw on the NFL Network a report saying that Adrian Peterson is scheduled to meet with the Redskins tomorrow!

And what about Alfred Morris? I know he was cut by Dallas ... maybe he could go back to Washington if he is still a free agent....

@yellowBeetle

Oh WOW about Adrian!!!!  Some media analysts mentioned Alfred, but he physically was spent when the Redskins didnt re-sign him.  He didnt do much for the Cowboys.  He is a real nice person though.....  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt

I just looked up Alfred Morris and read that he was signed by the 49ers on August 13!! 

Had missed that!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt

@yellowBeetle

Oh WOW about Adrian!!!!  Some media analysts mentioned Alfred, but he physically was spent when the Redskins didnt re-sign him.  He didnt do much for the Cowboys.  He is a real nice person though.....  

Just understand this is the 2018 version of Adrian Peterson and not the 2008 version. You may get flashes of the old AP, but he's mostly done these days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt

I just looked up Alfred Morris and read that he was signed by the 49ers on August 13!! 

Had missed that!!Woman Wink

@yellowBeetle

Thanks for finding the info.  I didnt know that either hope he makes the 49ers final roster.............

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt

@yellowBeetle

Just understand this is the 2018 version of Adrian Peterson and not the 2008 version. You may get flashes of the old AP, but he's mostly done these days.

@gardenman

RBS are subjected to LOTS of wear and tear and dont last long in the NFL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is why they are looking  for RBS--Both Samaje Perine (ankle) and Byron Marshall (ankle) will miss time with injuries and Derrius Guice already is out for the season with a torn ACL. I didnt realize they also waived/injured running back Martez Carter, leaving them with three healthy bodies in practice.  INJURIES, INJURIES, INJURIES!!!!! Thats a shame about Carter getting hurt Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

The Colts and Ravens practiced together this past weekend, but ended up more like WWE wrestling. Baltimore's Humphrey hit Colts WR Brent (cleanly; it was a legitimate hit) and Brent was carted off the field. That's when tempers flared, and several fights occurred between the two teams. John Harbaugh didn't seem that concerned about it, just put it behind and get back to business. 

However, Reich was upset because he said that it was sloppy and cut into the work they were suppose to do. No one was suspended due to the fighting. 

I wonder if this will affect Monday night's game. There might still be bad blood between the two teams, and it could result in penalties throughout the game.. Talk about unsportsmanlike conduct! Can't the teams play nice together? Fireworks might be going off during MNF. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

Well my Redskins fought with the Jets, and the game turned out OK---no bad blood..........Good Luck! And good luck to Luck if he plays Woman Very Happy