Honored Contributor

Re: NFL NEWS AND NOTES FOR AUGUST 2018

its baaacccckkkkkk! cannot tell you how happy i am to see some football, especially since our baseball team is so far down a hole we will not be able to get out this year.

preseason for the ravens and we are 2 for 2 so far and all three of the quarterbacks are looking pretty good.

happy football season 2018/2019 everyone!

football.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Andrew Luck looked sharp in his debut. He was sacked a couple times, but got back up with no problems. It was great seeing him playing again! There are some defensive issues to work on, but overall, the Colts played well. 

Colts DB Shemarko Thomas was ejected from the game for a helmet to helmet hit. Not good, referees are watching those things carefully. Players have go to be more careful. 

It was one game, but maybe Cleveland finally found their quarterback? I watched the Browns-Giants game, and Mayfield was impressive. As was Tyrod Taylor. Hopefully, Cleveland has got it together. 

Bad news about Guice. I hope that the MRI shows nothing serious. That's not the way the season needs to start for Washington. 

Football is back!

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Well the Eagles got off to a rather mediocre start ... but the local sportscasters were quick to point out that they lost their first preseason game last year, too!!Woman Wink

Sudfeld had 2 TDs and 2 interceptions but looked fairly good, overall. Callahan was nervous at first but toward the end found his groove ... unfortunately it was too late, then, to score.

On a brighter note, TE Dallas Goedert looked very sharp. He has all the makings of another Zach Ertz!

As to other teams, sounds like Saquon Barkley and Lamar Jackson were standouts! Mason Rudolph was impressive too. Such a scare about Derrius Guice ... hopefully he will be OK. Baker Mayfield certainly showed why Cleveland picked him at #1!! And how wonderful to have a healthy Andrew Luck back in action!!

So great having football back again!!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45---How bout them Ravens! two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

@teganslaw

Good to see Andrew play well....Woman Very Happy

Yep, that wasn't a smart play by Thomas....I just couldnt believe it when I saw it...after the refs went to each training camp to discuss the new helmet to helmet rule....and he does that and gets himself ejected---SMH!!!  Even your coach said the refs called it right and Thomas was definitely in the WRONG!!!!

@teganslaw @yellowBeetle

OMG---I cant believe it about Guice---he had a nice run too---what is it with my sports teams---they seem to be CURSED! Woman SadWoman SadWoman Sad  At least Guice walked to the sidelines on his own....hope his knee injury isnt too bad....

At least on the positive side QB Colt McCoy had a real nice game--he played really well!!!  And WR Davis had some nice receptions as did Harris!....The offense played pretty good, but our secondary got exposed---YIKES!!!  There needs to be some adjustments on defense, and our D line will improve when Payne comes back from his injury  he said he should return real soon....but I think the coaches will be cautious about his return......And Kalis fighting for a backup guard spot had 3 penalites---doesnt look good for him right now.... ..........

The Giants look to be in trouble their O line and defense didnt play very well.....At least RB Barkley had a nice run, but their backup QBs are AWFUL they better pray Eli doesnt get hurt.....But it is the first preseason game, OBJ didnt play, and teams that do well in preseason dont necessarily do well during the regular season....and teams arent going to show their hands....

That was funny with Cam and his disgruntled former WR jawing at each other.....

Mayfield did well in his debut!!!......

And anytime the Cowboys lose it's a "good thing" as Martha Stewart would say.....Woman LOL I know my Redskins lost too, but as they say, misery loves company and come to thing of it....ALL the NFC East LOST!!!--Woman Surprised

SO NICE TO SEE FOOTBALL AGAIN! Woman Very Happy 🏈 🏈

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After several CONFLICTING reports it looks like we got an official one....Guice-TORN ACL OUT FOR THE SEASON Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

After several CONFLICTING reports it looks like we got an official one....Guice-TORN ACL OUT FOR THE SEASON Woman Sad

Oh @SpurtWoman Sad

That is a real shame. He has been such an enthusiastic and engaging player. What a loss for the team ... and how very sad and disappointing for him. This is the one aspect of football that we all hate. My best wishes to him.

Esteemed Contributor

That is too bad about Guice. He was enthusiastic about playing and was going to make a huge impact on the team. It was the same knee that he had injured while at college. I hope that he heals quickly. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Ouch! The good news is he'll have a long time to recover, the bad news is it leaves a big hole for the Redskins. I wonder if Guice's physical at the combine showed any damage? That could explain his drop on draft day. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Things keep happening. WR Deon Cain, one of the Colts' top prospects, is out for the season with a torn ACL. I didn't get to watch the whole game, so I don't know exactly how it happened. 

Marlon Mack suffered a hamstring injury and will miss a few weeks. Robert Turbin is week-to-week with a hamstring injury also, but since he's been suspended the first four games of the season, he should have enough time to heal. 

Now some of the other players will have to step up. 

Mark Twain
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Ouch! The good news is he'll have a long time to recover, the bad news is it leaves a big hole for the Redskins. I wonder if Guice's physical at the combine showed any damage? That could explain his drop on draft day. 

@gardenman

We still have Rob Kelly, Chris Thompson, Samaje Perine....also Byron Marshall and Kapri Bibbs....Byron Marshall played well in the game against the Patriots, he not only ran well, he caught some passes too....

They could also bring in a free agent ..Alfred Morris (former Skin & Cowboy) or Adrian Peterson...or make a trade ....Who knows what "the Bruce" will do......