Honored Contributor

And the first vacancy is filled with Adam Gase signing with the Dolphins. His name was up for pretty much every open job. With him now off the market other guys will start looking better.

Chip Kelly has apparently interviewed with the Niners. I'd rather he sign out there than with the Giants. 

The Eagles are slowly and methodically going through the interviews. The local press are leaning towards Bob McAdoo, but there's now a report that Tom Coughlin will be interviewed on Monday. That could be interesting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: NFL Head Coaching News!!!

Our Cleveland Browns were interested in Adam Gase, but with the situation in the Browns organization, I can see why it is not an attractive job. Don't know what will happen because there are a number of head coaching jobs available, all of them more appealing than Cleveland. I just hope someone can come in and turn the Browns around. In the meantime, Good Luck to Adam in Miami!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gase is a good choice to the Dolphins.  Thought the Niners wanted him.  Niners are a tire fire.  Coughlin to Eagles? 

Honored Contributor

Coughlin to the Eagles would be interesting. He knows the NFC East and especially the Giants. He's a proven coach. He wants to coach and he'd be an interesting fit. He already knows the Eagle's strengths and weaknesses. I'm not sure how the fan base would react, but he's a nice, safe choice.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's an interesting rumor---it seems the Bengals OC, Hue Jackson, may be baling out (and just in time too especially after the team's fiasco last night)....some are reporting he's the leading candidate for the 49ers job (sorry Chip)!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Coughlin to the Eagles would be interesting. He knows the NFC East and especially the Giants. He's a proven coach. He wants to coach and he'd be an interesting fit. He already knows the Eagle's strengths and weaknesses. I'm not sure how the fan base would react, but he's a nice, safe choice.

@gardenman  If Coughlin was the hire, it would be interesting who he would hire as the OC to change the Eagles's offense that the players didn't seem to buy into.....And yep it would give the Eagles an edge since he knows the Giant's player weaknesses and strengths....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Coughlin seems serious about the Eagles job. If he comes to Philly, I wouldn't be shocked to see him keep Pat Shurmur as the OC. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm betting the Eagles/Giants game would lead off as a primetime game next year if the Eagles sign Tom Coughlin as their new head coach. The NFL won't want to miss featuring that matchup. I would expect that to be a week one matchup in primetime. Maybe Thursday night, Sunday night, or Monday night, but they won't have that as a regular game if Coughlin signs here.

People who know Coughlin expect him to make a very good impression on the Eagles. It'll be interesting to see what happens. The Eagles have a lot of what Coughlin loves in a dominant defensive line, good runningbacks, and good linebackers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I've got a bad feeling the new head coach of the Eagles will be Doug Pederson, the Chiefs offensive coordinator. You're starting to hear whispers of that, and the Eagles are saying they have no further interview plans. That kind of implies whoever the coach will be has already been interviewed. The fact that we're the only team interviewing him isn't especially reassuring.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I've got a bad feeling the new head coach of the Eagles will be Doug Pederson, the Chiefs offensive coordinator. You're starting to hear whispers of that, and the Eagles are saying they have no further interview plans. That kind of implies whoever the coach will be has already been interviewed. The fact that we're the only team interviewing him isn't especially reassuring.

@gardenman  Well that's GOOD news for the rest of the NFC East, but BAD news for Eagle fans....

Looks like the Giants might be going with Mcadoo their OC and keep some consistency for Eli and their offense.....

Hue Jackson went to Cleveland....really Hue??????