Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

😫 Bad night for Giant fans !!

Giants fans didn't look pleased when the pick was announced.  I didn't understand why, but from what I read, they wanted this guy, just not in the first round.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Giants fans didn't look pleased when the pick was announced.  I didn't understand why, but from what I read, they wanted this guy, just not in the first round.

Daniel Jones isn't an exciting, dynamic choice for the Giants. A lot of Giants' fans are tired of Eli and drafting a younger, more boring version of Eli doesn't inspire the fanbase. When you've got the sixth pick in the draft, fans expect lightning. They didn't get lightning. If you're a Giants fan who's suffered through a three win season two years ago, and a five win season last year, you've lost Jason Pierre Paul, Odell Beckham Jr, Landon Collins, and Olivier Vernon, and you end up with a younger, less exciting version of Eli, who the GM says will likely sit on the bench for three years, you're not going to be thrilled. You want an exciting, dominating player, not an expensive benchwarmer. When Giants fans look around the NFC East, they see two teams (Eagles and Cowboys) with young exciting quarterbacks, the Redskins with Haskins, and now the Giants have a more boring version of Eli who they won't see play for three years. Suffice to say their ticket office isn't being flooded with calls right now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It'll take a few years to know for sure, but the early impression isn't great for the Giants. If you love Eli Manning, then Daniel Jones is said to be an Eli clone, just lacking Eli's charisma. The league seems to be moving towards more mobile quarterbacks, but maybe the kid will work out. I'm kind of surprised they didn't grab an offensive lineman with one of their other two picks. Some pretty good ones were still on the board, but they went for a defensive tackle and cornerback instead.

I don’t hate Eli, he gave us 2 exciting SuperBowls, and I wish him well. That being said we had 2 drafts to get things right and it just feels like we didn’t.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

iI’m THRILLED we traded up to get Devin Bush.