Honored Contributor

Re: NFL 2023 Divisional Round of the Playoffs!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

After the Bills game Bengals Joe Cool mentioned in his interview that they better send out those refunds (for the Atlanta game)😄😄😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

So, we've got a healthy Bengals team flying west to take on KC with a one-legged QB. The Chiefs insist Mahomes has already made great progress in his recovery. Yeah, sure he has. That's a four to six week injury. They can tape it, stabilize it, and hope for the best, but he's not going to be close to normal for some time. He's probably going to try and play through it, but he won't be at his normal level of play.

And the Niners come East to face the Eagles and their rabid fans. Brock Purdy looked more like a late round rookie against Dallas and the Eagles defense is tougher than Dallas. 

My gut says it'll be the Bengals and Eagles in the Super Bowl this year. Things seem to be trending that way.

We now enter the "What will Jerry do?" part of the NFL offseason for Dallas. I'm sure he's saying the right things about the organization having the right coaches and QB, but even JJ has to be wondering if that's true. This offseason would be the smart time to extend Dak if that's in the plans. Given his playoff performances though you have to wonder how much JJ believes in him. If they don't extend him now, Dak holds the gun to their head next offseason and can force them to overpay him or let him leave. 

JJ loves Dan Quinn and Sean Payton and both are available as head coaches. Does he make a move? Who does he use as his Rooney rule minority stooges before hiring either one? Given the photos released of him at the antidesegregation rally as a teen this year, does he have the cajones to flaunt the Rooney rule and hire a white head coach that everyone knows he covets? Does he let Quinn and Payton go elsewhere and stick with McCarthy? These next few days/weeks could be pretty interesting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The one problem could be if the Eagles are over confident. They are favored, but the 49ers can't be taken too lightly. SF didn't have its best game, but they do have talented players. I don't think the Eagles will make questionable plays like the Cowboys did. They seem to be well coached.

Is the SF defense enough to stop Jalen Hurts? Though I've noticed that Hurts hasn't been running as much in the past games.

Mahomes can still make plays with a sprained ankle. He won't have as much mobility. The Bengals will be going in well prepared. These should be good games.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt 

Enjoy your posts and respect your knowledge but have to take exception to one point.  There is only one "Joe Cool" and his last name is Montana.  😂 

I do like your Joe and followed him at LSU.  He scares me against KC. Another shootout in the making?

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw

After the Bills game Bengals Joe Cool mentioned in his interview that they better send out those refunds (for the Atlanta game)😄😄😄

Honored Contributor

Overconfidence can be an issue, but I think the Eagles respect McCaffrey, Aiyuk, Samuel and the rest of the Niners on offense so that shouldn't be an issue. The Niners defense deserves respect also. They can shut down pretty much anyone. It should be a good matchup with number one versus number two.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

@Spurt 

Enjoy your posts and respect your knowledge but have to take exception to one point.  There is only one "Joe Cool" and his last name is Montana.  😂 

I do like your Joe and followed him at LSU.  He scares me against KC. Another shootout in the making?

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw

@mspatmac 

Well Joe Burrow is really my cat Figgy's QB and the Bengals are her team, but I like the Bengals and Burrows....let's just say Burrows is the 21st Century Joe Cool.....AND YES we can never forget the ORIGINAL JOE COOL, MR. JOE MONTANA.....and as a Notre Dame fan, I have always loved Joe Montana 😁🏈.....in fact a group of us journeyed from San Antonio to Houston to see Joe when he was playing for the Chiefs against the then Houston Oilers.....Unfortunately Joe was hurt but we were able to check him out on the side lines with our binoculars.....😍

One of the group refers to the famous "49er---THE CATCH" as "THE THROW" as any Joe Montana fan does...😁

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Rumors...

Some say that Bezos may decide to sell the Post....although he denied it, but you know how that goes, and things aren't going well for the paper recent 

layoffs were announced.....If Bezos does sell the Post or at least gives Daniel Snyder a promise to sell, that would be the factor holding back Snyder from selling to Bezos according to those in the know.....STAY TUNED....

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Based on this past weekend games I agree I think the Super Bowl will be Eagles vs Bengals.....

Honored Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

This Chiefs fan would love to see a Kelce Bowl -- Chiefs vs Eagles with Travis and Jason playing against each other.

I am rooting for the Bengals today so that the championship game will be played at Arrowhead. I think the neutral field decision was BS.

On the subject of "analysts" and booth personnel: I can't stand Collinsworth. I think he likes to hear the sound of his own voice but says very little of substance. I agree that Mark Schlereth provides good insight from a player/team perspective, and he's easy on the eyes, too!

I shall be watching The Carton Show, The Herd, and First Things First on FS1 tomorrow to hear the commentary -- I always enjoy those shows. They are must-see TV for me on Mondays during football season.

And of course I'll be listening to the Kelce brothers' podcast New Heights on Wednesday!

@DrBabs 

i think you may be getting your wish!

those two teams have looked the strongest during these playoffs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

Based on this past weekend games I agree I think the Super Bowl will be Eagles vs Bengals.....

Yeah. You can't rule out KC or the Niners, but with Mahomes injured (I don't think he'll play) and the Niners relying on Brock Purdy, the Eagles and Bengals seem like pretty safe bets. We'll find out Sunday. A high ankle sprain is typically a four to six week injury. The Chiefs head trainer was the Eagles trainer when Andy was here, and he didn't take chances with injured players. McNabb had bad ribs and the trainer sat him despite McNabb insisting he could play. By now, the Chiefs should have the MRIs showing the extent of damage and my gut says Mahomes' year is done.

They have too much invested in the kid to let him play once you know the extent of the injury. They pretty much have to take the player's word for how they're doing once the x-rays show nothing is broken, but once the team has the MRI's and can see the damage, it's off to the bench with him. I don't think we'll see Mahomes again until the OTAs. Sometimes you have to protect the player from himself. The x-rays only show bone injuries, not soft tissue injuries. The MRI will show the full damage. And I suspect the full damage will have Mahomes benched.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!