Honored Contributor

Re: NFL 2023 Divisional Round of the Playoffs!!!

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@gardenman how are your cats doing?

They are currently in the shelter and adjusting to life there until I can reclaim them. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Bucs pretty much flushed the offensive coaching staff. Interesting. Byron Leftwich was the big name but at least five offensive assistants got the axe also.

The Vikings fired DC Ed Donatell also. Not a good year to be a coordinator or assistant coach. The head coaches are more or less surviving, but everyone else is getting axed.

The Bucs may be wanting to change up the offense more to a ball control, run it down the defenses throat style. Their head coach Todd Bowles is a defensive coach and those guys tend to prefer a less pass happy offense when they become a head coach. That could mean Brady's out. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

They are currently in the shelter and adjusting to life there until I can reclaim them. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Thank you for letting me know. I posted this in Pet Lovers and QVC kept deleting my post. I've been worried about them.

Honored Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

Thank you for letting me know. I posted this in Pet Lovers and QVC kept deleting my post. I've been worried about them.

Yeah, the mods have gone a bit poof crazy on this subject. I'm not in daily contact with the shelter, but as far as I know everything's going well and things are on track for a reunion when I get my apartment. I'll be reaching out to the apartment managers next week for an update and see where things stand. At worst, I should now be in the teens on the waitlist. Hopefully things will be moving forward quickly. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Go BIG BLUE! Whoo hoo ! 

Honored Contributor

It's game day! We start out with the Jags at KC. Not a great matchup for the Jags. Could they win? Yeah, but they'll need KC to help them with turnovers, penalties, and mistakes. Give them one more year in the rebuild and it'll be a fairer fight. I've got to think KC takes this one.

Then the Giants take on the Eagles. Optimism abounds in Philly leading up to the game. The Eagles are the better, more talented team, but, and this is a big but, defensive coordinator Jon Gannon tends to get overly conservative in big games. He'll just drop back into a safe two-deep zone and let opposing QBs play pitch and catch with their receivers as they slowly march down the field. This drives the fanbase crazy. If he shows aggression and unleashes the beasts on defense, this should be an Eagles win.

Have a great day of football watching everyone!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Trevor Lawrence can't start with interceptions. He has to be at his best. Kansas City can't rest even if they have a lead. They probably realize what Jacksonville is capable of and won't take their foot off the gas pedal at any time. Neither team can take the other for granted.

I noticed what Gardenman wrote and I after checking out previous games between the Giants and Eagles, I have Boston Scott as flex spot in my Fantasy lineup.  Hope it works out. 

Sunshine45, how did you do last week in fantasy? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Yeah, Boston Scott just puts up ridiculous numbers against the Giants. If he played like that against every team he'd be an all-pro. He's a pretty safe bet to get a TD or two today. The Giants are very aware of how he does against them so the Eagles may use him as a decoy also. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Appreciate the update @gardenman . Seems things are progressing. I can't help but feel sorry for the Jags. Wonder what the odds are on that game? I'm picking the Eagles in the other game. 

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@gardenman Oops! I am in so much trouble. My husband is not happy with me. I showed him your post just now. He thoroughly enjoyed reading it. He commented on how well-written the post is and said he agreed with your predictions.

The trouble part came when he asked if this was your first post. I admitted you had been posting all season. He said he would have enjoyed reading your weekly posts and wanted to know why I hadn't shown them to him earlier. He will be following you and your predictions all the way to the Super Bowl. 

Here's a good one @On It . I think my hubby is a little jealous of "the garden man". We have a family pool, and we even include a column for GM's picks. He beat my husband this year!