Honored Contributor

Re: NFL 2023 Conference Championship Round of the Playoffs!

@Spurt 

That would be giving up a lot to move up three spots. You typically think of a second round pick as a good starter. The Jets at 13 might be in the QB market while the Patriots (14) and Packers (15) probably aren't looking for a QB. Though anything can happen. If a team falls in love with a guy and really wants him, and knows others will take him sooner, then making a move makes sense.

The Eagles went from fifteen to thirteen to get Jordan Davis ahead of the Ravens last year. They traded picks 15, 124, 162, and 166 to make that move. The Commanders probably wouldn't need to part with a second round pick to jump up to thirteen.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

That would be giving up a lot to move up three spots. You typically think of a second round pick as a good starter. The Jets at 13 might be in the QB market while the Patriots (14) and Packers (15) probably aren't looking for a QB. Though anything can happen. If a team falls in love with a guy and really wants him, and knows others will take him sooner, then making a move makes sense.

The Eagles went from fifteen to thirteen to get Jordan Davis ahead of the Ravens last year. They traded picks 15, 124, 162, and 166 to make that move. The Commanders probably wouldn't need to part with a second round pick to jump up to thirteen.

@gardenman

I think so too, a heck of a lot to give up for a QB Project who some compared him to Tebow....🤨🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I wouldn't worry too much about the "project" label as every kid QB is a project. Even the most "pro-ready" guys aren't truly ready. Trevor Lawrence and Tua are two good examples. You want a kid with the right physical tools (good size, good arm, durable, etc.) and the right mental make up (maybe most important) who's willing to work hard and be the best he can be. You don't want a lazy, unmotivated guy who won't study. (Kyler Murray?) You want your QB to eventually be a coach on the field knowing the game inside and out. You want a really smart, hard-working, dedicated kid with good physical traits. Smart sometimes is most important.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Panthers signed Frank Reich as HC.  I don't know much about the organization, but I hope that he's successful.

The Jets hired Nathaniel Hackett for OC. Maybe he will do better in that category than he was as HC. 

The Falcons are interested in Lamar Jackson if he doesn't stay with the Ravens. I don't think there's much chance of them getting Jackson because he will most likely go under the franchise tag. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Panthers made a good head coach choice in Frank Reich. Was it a good choice for Reich? That's a bit iffier. No real QB on the roster for the Panthers. Do they draft a kid? Does Frank Reich reunite with Carson Wentz again? Sign someone else? QB purgatory is not a fun place to be and Frank has been living there for a while now. The Panthers don't pick until ninth, so the top QB prospects will be gone. Do you take the fourth or fifth best kid? Trade up?

It's good for Reich that he was the first new coach hired this year. The Panthers weren't waiting to see where a Dan Quinn, Sean Payton, or other hot prospect went and settled for Reich. They decided "This is our guy!"  and signed him.

Of the free agent QBs out there (and those soon to be free agents) it's pretty much Jimmy G or Wentz if you're the Panthers. They've been there and done that with Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold. The Giants and Seahawks seem intent on keeping Jones and Smith. If you want a guy who could win games and get you to the playoffs, it's pretty much Jimmy G or Wentz. The Carson Wentz reclamation project phase two could resume in Carolina.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Dan Quinn is now telling teams he's not going to leave the Cowboys. Interesting. Did JJ write him another check to stay? They've flushed six assistant coaches, but Quinn still wants to stay there? Has he been given the green light to hire the replacement assistants? Is he the co-head coach now?

Lamar Jackson will be the big story this offseason. The Ravens probably can't afford the cash he'll want in a long term deal. The belief is that they'll tag him and trade him. 

And Aaron Rodgers is reportedly the guy tge Jets want to land as their new/old QB. The compensation for Rodgers will be interesting to see.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Dan Quinn is definitely staying as the Cowboy's DC which is good news for them.  Whether or not Moore remains as OC is still up in the air.  I think he might be on the way out.

Honored Contributor

It's a good situation for Dan Quinn also. He's getting paid a lot. He has an owner who loves him.  He's got a stud player in Micah Parsons, and his defense can give up 40 points and lose and the fanbase (most of them anyway) will blame Dak for not scoring 41 or more.

The head coaching gigs seem to be getting sorted out. The Panthers tabbed Frank Reich. The Colts are said to be leaning towards Jeff Saturday. The Cards seem to be the frontrunner for Sean Payton. And the Broncos reportedly want DeMeco Ryan. Payton and Ryan could end up flipping, but that's how things look right now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Steve Wilks has added his name to the lawsuit filed by Brian Flores about discriminatory hiring practices within the NFL. Wilks is also including the Panthers organization in the lawsuit.

The Panthers hired Frank Reich's daughter, Hannah Reich Fairman, about three weeks ago. Wilks lawyer questioned if they hired her ahead because they planned on hiring Reich, not giving any consideration to Wilks. I'm not sure how they could prove that in court, if it is true. They couldn't go by words alone, there has to be some documentation.

This will take a long time, but it will be interesting to see how the lawsuit goes.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Here's one media persons predictions on QBS---

Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders????

Lamar Jackson to the Falcons --@teganslaw I see you've heard this rumor too 

Ryan Tannehill to the Ravens 

Garden Minshew to Washington 

Anyone think the Cowboys should move on from Dak?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”