Honored Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

WHAT happened to the Rockets???   I couldn't see the game, I guess that's a good thing.

@yellowrose

Yellowrose it was really strange--- it was a game where the Rockets had to win or go home, and they were playing AT HOME too.....The Spurs were without our star player, Kawhi Leonard (ankle and knee injury)...and we had already lost Tony Parker, yet our Spurs came out with determination and urgency....at first the game was very close---back and forth....then the Spurs made some adjustments on defense, and Spurs youngsters Murray, Fitzsimmons, and Anderson really stepped up and made some critical shots, as did Spurs veterans (Patty Mills, Danny Green), and Aldridge FINALLY woke up!!!, the Spurs pulled ahead by 7 and the Rockets seemed to suddenly lose their passion....Harden couldnt hit his 3's or any shots for that matter, the Spurs Fitzsommons did a great job on defense on Harden, none of the Rockets could hit their 3's either ....and the Spurs got rebounds off the Rocket's misses, and the Spurs had only a few turnovers for the entire game, and before you knew it the Spurs pulled away ahead by 20 and never looked back....I was waiting for the Rockets to have a run...but they seemed disinterested...real strange.   Perhaps the Rockets got out coached by Coach Pop!

The analysts summrized it by saying the Spurs played great defense, didnt have many turnovers and the Rockets dont have a plan B when their 3 point shots arent falling...............and everyone wondered what happened with Harden---was he ill, was he injured and not saying anything....he didnt look like an MVP candidate at all!!  

Fantastic job by my SPURS----GO SPURS GO!!!! Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

Yep Spurt, I know only too well how Houstonians feel about Dallas.  The way I look at,  both are Texas teams, so I support both.  Plus I'm a native Houstonian, so Houston will always have a place in my heart.  Not that I would EVER move back.  No Way.

hi greeneyedlady.....good luck to the Celtics.

I cancel my sport channels after football season, but I'm hating that I can't see All of the hockey and basketball games.

@yellowrose

I didnt know you were a Houston native...I now understand why the Rockets would have a place in your heart.(the Rockets/Spurs have always been big rivals going back to the Hakeen vs David Robinson days).........Well as you know location doesnt mean anything to me in chosing my sports teams........yes I am "weird"I'll admit it....LOL!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Nothing wrong with being "weird" Spurt.  I have a brother who is a huge Packer fan. I always figured something must had gone haywired when he was in the womb, but I guess he's just simply "weird" also.  Smiley Happy  since he's seems perfectly normal otherwise.

Thanks for the game summary.  It's disappointing that the Rockets didn't put on a better show.  Dang it!

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

Nothing wrong with being "weird" Spurt.  I have a brother who is a huge Packer fan. I always figured something must had gone haywired when he was in the womb, but I guess he's just simply "weird" also.  Smiley Happy  since he's seems perfectly normal otherwise.

Thanks for the game summary.  It's disappointing that the Rockets didn't put on a better show.  Dang it!

@yellowrose

LOL!!!

Well your brother would fit in with our family, as you know I'm a Redskin fan, my sis is a NY Giants fan, and my brother is a Rams fan.....go figure....

Trusted Contributor

A sibling picture with the 3 of you in your Jersey's - cute picture.

Each of you add on a Santa cap - cute Christmas card.

Honored Contributor

Well this is how I looked after Spurs/Warriors Game #1---

18425006_1532259476806381_2621104792474381669_n.jpg

I can't believe the spurs blew a 20 pt lead.....when Kawhi went down in the Rockets game other players stepped up, but against the Warriors when Kawhi went out with an injury it looked like they just gave up and thought they had no chance of winning when they still had a chance!!!!  (Pop shouldve put in Davis---he's tough, he's played in Europe where fans threw batteries and cell phones at players-true story)

@Greeneyedlady21

Good luck to your Celtics tonight! 

Trusted Contributor

Pretty kitty - is this a picture of your kitty, spurt?

Yes, that was a disappointing game.   I had my hands

over my eyes also, like some of the Warrior fans.

Only game one. I predict the Spurs take the next one.

GOOOO SPURS!

Honored Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

Pretty kitty - is this a picture of your kitty, spurt?

Yes, that was a disappointing game.   I had my hands

over my eyes also, like some of the Warrior fans.

Only game one. I predict the Spurs take the next one.

GOOOO SPURS!

@yellowrose

Thanks for your support of the Spurs! And I hope you're right!

The photo is actually of my sister's kitty, he actually has a Spurs' shirt which he usually wears on game day!....maybe thats why the Spurs lost, he wasnt wearing his shirt!!!   He is a rescue kitty in real bad shape when my sis found him.....even the vet and vet techs were amazed at his transformation with her care!  He's a funny cat likes to open all her kitchen cabinet shelves and doors---Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor
No Shirt???? Of course that's why the Spurs lost. Hope your sister doesn't make that mistake again. LOL
Honored Contributor

Kelly Olynyk suddenly became Mr. Clutch. That was nerve wracking, but very exciting to watch. Why oh why do they have to play Cleveland?

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"