Honored Contributor

Anyone watching? Isaiah Thomas (Celtics) has reignited my love for basketball. His sister Chyna was killed April 15th in a single car accident, she was only 22. He continued to play, taking the day in between series to attend her funeral. How he has done it, I have no idea. On her birthday, May 2nd, he scored 53 points. Before that game he also had oral surgery, had lost a tooth in the previous game. He was on pain meds and didn't feel well but he toughed it out. He said basketball was the only thing keeping him going, that when he left the court his sister was gone again.

He's only 5'8 or so but he's a giant on the basketball court. And in my eyes. What he has done is why I love sports. Gotta go watch the game...vs Wizards.

"EMPATHY IS A SUPERPOWER"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Anyone watching? Isaiah Thomas (Celtics) has reignited my love for basketball. His sister Chyna was killed April 15th in a single car accident, she was only 22. He continued to play, taking the day in between series to attend her funeral. How he has done it, I have no idea. On her birthday, May 2nd, he scored 53 points. Before that game he also had oral surgery, had lost a tooth in the previous game. He was on pain meds and didn't feel well but he toughed it out. He said basketball was the only thing keeping him going, that when he left the court his sister was gone again.

He's only 5'8 or so but he's a giant on the basketball court. And in my eyes. What he has done is why I love sports. Gotta go watch the game...vs Wizards.

@Greeneyedlady21

He is a good young player and dedicating his games to his deceased sister is a very nice tribute.  The media only seems to highlight the thugs in sports these days, so I'm glad they took time out to tell his story.....  And I dont know how he continued to play with that pain after having his tooth knocked out.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'm a Spurs fan and while we had an outstanding game against the Rockets and tied the series....we lost a key component to our team....After having an outstanding game, Tony Parker went down with a torn leg tendon and he'll be out for the entire playoffs....Woman SadWoman SadWoman Sad......We will have to see what adjustments Coach Pop makes----he will probably put Patty Mills as the starting PG, but will he have Manu play some Point?????????? Or even Kawahi???????  Or will they go with young Murray?????????   We will have to wait and this injury certainly was a big blow to the team...........Woman Sad  We can only hope for the best---GO SPURS GO!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt How old is Tony Parker now? Still hanging in there.

I don't know what happened to the Celtics last night, they played like a completely different team. Seemed out of gas after Sunday. I hope they can regroup. I watched Scandal, they were way out of it well before halftime.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Spurt How old is Tony Parker now? Still hanging in there.

I don't know what happened to the Celtics last night, they played like a completely different team. Seemed out of gas after Sunday. I hope they can regroup. I watched Scandal, they were way out of it well before halftime.

@Greeneyedlady21

Hi! 

On 5/17 he will be 35......  Its a shame he got hurt he was playing so well at the end of the season and in the playoffs.   He's a good guy does a lot in the community especially with animal charities. 

Gee Im sorry I missed that Cletics/Wizards game there were scuffles and players got ejected ----boring score but still sounded like an exciting game--Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs

[ Edited ]

@Spurt Hi! Yes Olynyk got ambushed by Oubre, he was talking to the referee and Oubre came barreling up the court and pushed him down. It was crazy. 

Also strange..Kobe Bryant is helping Isaiah by phone, Skype, whatever they are doing. Hey if it works keep it up. Kevin Garnett has been trying to inspire them too. I loved that team with Garnett, Pierce, and Allen.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Spurt Hi! Yes Olynyk got ambushed by Oubre, he was talking to the referee and Oubre came barreling up the court and pushed him down. It was crazy. 

Also strange..Kobe Bryant is helping Isaiah by phone, Skype, whatever they are doing. Hey if it works keep it up. Kevin Garnett has been trying to inspire them too. I loved that team, Garnett, Pierce, and Allen.

@Greeneyedlady21

I saw the highlights of that game on Mike and Mike and WOW it looked more like a hockey game....LOL

For awhile there weren't many contenders in the Eastern Conference....I was so happy to see the Celtics improve and become contenders because the Eastern Confernce didn't have very many good teams, and it seemed the team who won the East would be whatever team Lebron is on..........So nice to see the Celtics rise as well as a couple others in the East.............

That's interesting that Isaiah is being mentored via Skype/phone by Kobe--technology is really amazing...................

Honored Contributor

@Spurt I want to believe the Celtics can make it to the finals, but I have to be realistic.

People were surprised by the Kobe thing because they still think of the old time rivalry Celtics v Lakers. Those were the days, before Lebron.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Spurt I want to believe the Celtics can make it to the finals, but I have to be realistic.

People were surprised by the Kobe thing because they still think of the old time rivalry Celtics v Lakers. Those were the days, before Lebron.

@Greeneyedlady21

Well maybe not this year, but the Celtics are a young team and things are looking good for the near future and beyond...........

That is wierd considerig the rivalry of old.......... thats what they were talking about on Mike & Mike--how in the -in the NBA teams and players are all so friendly these days, no real rivalries, no hating the opponent etc......they thought it was kinda fun of seeing players get ticked off with one another....LOL

Honored Contributor

Without Tony Parker my Spurs went to Houston and got a good win!!! Woman Very Happy

Coach Pop started the youngster at PG-Murray, players stepped up without Tony, even LA......and good defense as always by Danny Green!  Patty Mils had a nice game and Jonathon Simmons made some key plays and Kawahi was....well Kawahi---GO SPURS GO!!! Woman Very Happy